New Forum Member: Hello!

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Hi folks, I've been meaning to post up an introductory message earlier this week but like everyone else, life gets busy! I wanted to introduce myself to you all, my wife and I are currently in the market for a GT and are looking to pull the trigger in the next 12 months or so. I was lucky enough to meet up with Xcentric here in the Northern Virginia area through a mutual friend and he's been a great help in getting me information about purchasing a GT and what it's like to own one in this area. If any other GT owners in the Loudoun/Fairfax county areas have any thoughts or would have some time for a bite or some coffee I'd much appreciate it. This car would be my first exotic, and I'm excited in jumping into the fray. I'd be selling my current "fun" car, a 1994 Supra Turbo (6speed targa) that's in wonderful shape, and that plus some other savings will go towards this purchase. I grew up being a huge fan of the gt40 with my father, and when the GT was announced I was both excited with the fact that Ford was making the car, but at that time purchasing the car wasn't in the cards. Now though, it's much more of a reality and a very exciting one at that.

Thanks again for the approval to join this informative site and I hope to sync up with a few of you in the area should our schedules line up. Take care and thanks for having me!

- Chris (SuperNova)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hope you find the right car soon. Remember to get a PPI done by one of our professionals, prior to purchase - well worth the investment.

:thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
welcome, hope you find the car your looking for.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome to or little special group. The waters warm and fresh,so pick the right one for you and come aboard.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Hey Chris...there's a car for you out there. It just takes patience. You've come to the right place for support and camaraderie. I'm just sorry to hear that gorgeous Supra is on the block. Welcome to the forum! :)

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hope you find the right car soon. Remember to get a PPI done by one of our professionals, prior to purchase - well worth the investment.

:thumbsup

Or, consider getting one from Shelby at Elite, if he has one that suits you. I bought mine sight-unseen from him, and the car was exactly as described. I wouldn't be afraid to buy another one from him, without the PPI. Anyway, welcome, and good luck!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I am warning you now. Once you get sucked in you and your wife will be part of a close knit community for the rest of your life. First it's one GT. then you go to a Rally and then it's two GT's. :) no joke. Like they previously said....take your time and buy your car. You could not have made a better choice of cars. Keep us posted and plan on Rally 9. Last year was my first rally and I am bringing both GT's to Rally 8 with my whole family. By the way....White is the fastest. :)

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Welcome!
Call Shelby, you can't go wrong.
Best,
Mark

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Thank you all for the kind words, I do appreciate it. I did forget to mention that car-wise, I'd like to find a 4-option car and have a number of colors on my radar, including heritage / tungsten / blue / white that are the ones I prefer. I'm also okay with looking for a higher-mileage GT, since I'm planning on driving the car a decent amount per year (likely twice a week in the spring / summer and into fall).

Also appreciate the recommendation for Shelby, I did see quite a bit of traffic with respect to that organization and all the wonderful feedback, so I'll be reaching out soon!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You know what they say in the car business .There is an ass for every seat!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You know what they say in the car business .There is an ass for every seat!

And, mine fits my GT perfectly - :thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ralph ,You are a keen wit!

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
Much luck in your search for the right one, read and learn all about it on this great forum......then pull the trigger!