New Ford GT Owner in Orange County

FordGTOC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 9, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Just wanted to say "Hi" and introduce myself. I just purchased a 2005 FGT (White with blue stripes); took delivery today. Like others, I had dreamed of getting a FGT since I was in junior high in the 60's reading about the original GT40's in Sports Car Graphic, Road & Track, and Car & Driver (I guess I'm dating myself). I work in Newport Beach and live in Orange. My other car is a 2004 Porsche C4S. I thought the Porsche was the best car I ever drove until today when I drove the FGT. Anyway, hope I meet some other OC owners. Like the information I have seen in this Forum.

Craig

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum Craig :cheers

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Hi Craig....Congrats.....lots of us here in Orange County and close by. Often at Cars and Coffee. Occasionally doing local runs too. Check back in on the forum often.

I'll try yo remember to PM you on my next run to C&C.

FordGTOC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 9, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Hi Craig....Congrats.....lots of us here in Orange County and close by. Often at Cars and Coffee. Occasionally doing local runs too. Check back in on the forum often.

I'll try yo remember to PM you on my next run to C&C.

Thanks

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Hello Craig,
Congrats! I too am a new owner. If you are planning a run, let me know and I'll try to join you. If you ever make it down south (Carlsbad) give me a shout out. Regards, Marc

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Hi Craig!

Welcome. As Chris stated, there are quite a few of us in OC. Cs&C is always a nice gathering and a way to meet your fellow GT owners. Luckily there are also several owners that can turn a wrench and are all to willing to help a bud out.

Don't be a stranger.

Herb

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Craig

Welcome to the club

Congradulations on the car and the color , what sold you on the white with blue , I have the same color and was just wondering .

I would also be interested in hearing why others were sold on this color combo , it really grabs me

Rob

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Welcome Craig,
There are quite a few of us in the area. We look forward to meeting you!:thumbsup
Congratulations!:biggrin

H

HHGT

Welcome. I guess its time we have a C&C and then breakfast guys just like the old days...

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
Congratulations on your purchase. I am a Porsche fan and sold my 1973 911e and 1989 911 Speedster to get my GT.

I am in Dana Point. See you around !

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Craig,

Welcome to the fraternity. Stay involved here on the Ford GT Forum and you'll enjoy your ownership experience 10 X as much. I look forward to meeting you.

Chip

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Hello Craig,
Congrats! I too am a new owner. If you are planning a run, let me know and I'll try to join you. If you ever make it down south (Carlsbad) give me a shout out. Regards, Marc

Another SD county owner :cheers

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Craig. Welcome aboard!!!

Couple of things just to state the obvious... 1) your love and appreciation for what Ford has accomplished with this car is only going to improve and; 2) this Forum is a significant part of the Ford GT owners' experience and joy! You will meet many, many fine people here. Enjoy!

FordGTOC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 9, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Craig

Welcome to the club

Congradulations on the car and the color , what sold you on the white with blue , I have the same color and was just wondering .

I would also be interested in hearing why others were sold on this color combo , it really grabs me

Rob
I've always liked the white with blue look particularly in the old GT350's. My '07 GT500 (traded in on the FGT) was blue with white stripes which is also a classic look. Really, I don't think there is a bad color choice for a FGT. I had a choice between this GT and a red with white stripes. I'm happy with my choice.

Craig

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum Craig,, :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Congrats! You're going to enjoy the car! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Welcome. I guess its time we have a C&C and then breakfast guys just like the old days...

Well...you are the ringleader! You've been remiss in your duties as of late.

H

HHGT

Well...you are the ringleader! You've been remiss in your duties as of late.

I just drove up the 101, Mulholand Dr, Malibu Beach, Zuma Beach, Pt Mugu and back through Ojai on the way back....I think that would make an awesome drive. Should I start a separate thread?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

I will be back in town on the 21st of Nov through the end of Dec (with a GT). If you plan something during that time frame I would love to see you all again!

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
Craig,
Congrats on the car! It's great to have another GT in God's Country! (Orange County, CA that is):cool