New FGT to be offered to original owners?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm with Jax on this. I've owned 4 cylinder cars that were a blast to drive (Spitfire and a Mini) , straight 6's (2 E Types), flat 6's (2 Porsches), v8's (Ford GT's, 360 Stradale, vintage and modern Vette's), V10 (CGT) and V12's (2 Ferrari's). The new FGT has fantastic body styling and if the performance is in line as expected I've got no problem with a race tuned V6 TT. I just hope at 6'4" I can fit in one.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I watched this year's Le Mans, sat behind the on board camera of the winning Porshe, with its 2 litre, 4 cylinder, unstoppable engine, as it blew by the class winning (our class) Corvette like it was a traffic pylon. I love the rumble and roar of our V-8, but the big race is about performance and consistency of performance. You gotta be fast, and you gotta last. Think about it, nobody seemed to mind when the 427 powering some of the GT40s was reduced to our 327 (approx) engine. Technology just gave us more bang for the buck. With luck in 2016 it will continue to do so!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I watched this year's Le Mans, sat behind the on board camera of the winning Porshe, with its 2 litre, 4 cylinder, unstoppable engine, as it blew by the class winning (our class) Corvette like it was a traffic pylon. I love the rumble and roar of our V-8, but the big race is about performance and consistency of performance. You gotta be fast, and you gotta last. Think about it, nobody seemed to mind when the 427 powering some of the GT40s was reduced to our 327 (approx) engine. Technology just gave us more bang for the buck. With luck in 2016 it will continue to do so!

Hallelujah brother for I have seen the light!!!!

I've been saying this from day 1. Seal the engine compartment. Make it a black box. It's been clear to me that the advantage goes to the best hp:weight ratio (first factor) then handling, etc tuned to that power train. All that matters in the end is who crosses the finish line first. It's Darwinism at its best. Combinations that don't work will be eliminated from the gene pool. Those that win will continue. Those that get close will become the Neanderthals vs. Cro-Mangon and it will take several generations to sort it out.

I know I want to feel (not hear) the rumble of the giant V8. I like it. But in the end, it's simply becoming less competitive. It will survive for a few more rounds but eventually join the dodo bird.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Not the dodo. Nature's mistake. T-rex, the mammoth, the sabre tooth, give them the respect the giants deserve.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Seal the engine compartment. Make it a black box.

I was at a fellow GT-owners house this past Saturday. He had just purchased a new "toy" and said it was his absolute favorite car-show-vehicle. The car is a new Porsche GT3 3.8. The reason it is his favorite car show car is that there is virtually NO engine compartment. Pop the latch over the engine and lift it up - and there's really just nothing there. A place to add oil and that's about it. Detailing the ENTIRE engine compartment prior to a car show.... allow for maybe 5 minutes if it's REALLY dirty!

OnLy Me

Jun 26, 2008
Quick question fellas..... (although I'm certain I know the answer). Has ANYONE been confirmed/guaranteed, or even been given an allocation on the all new Ford GT at all??
There's a local guy to me (owns 3 GT's) that likes to talk a lot of shyt and claims he has one coming. Funny thing is he didn't buy any of his brand new. I knew this was the place to find out for certain. Just want to confirm before I call him out on his :bs

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No.

There is so much bs being passed around. It will end. Soon.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I think Scott Pruett & Joey Hand may have a temporary allocation in January, March and June. Other than that, I don't know of any!!

:lol

:cheers

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
No.

There is so much bs being passed around. It will end. Soon.

But what if we can't make it to the 10th anniversary because of prior work related obligations? Are we original owners screwed? :frown

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The point was, you had to have attended ALL ten rallies and be an original owner. Only 7 people qualify for those parameters IF this rumor is true (which it isn't).

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
The point was, you had to have attended ALL ten rallies and be an original owner. Only 7 people qualify for those parameters IF this rumor is true (which it isn't).

Good to know... I don't qualify.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Again, there is no truth to any silly rumor that attendance at R10, or any prior amount of FGT Rally events, will result in the allocation of a GT being granted at R10.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
With the extensive PR that Ford is pushing on the car, plus the significant press coverage, I wonder if that 250 a year for 5 years number is being re-thought? I know its supposed to be limited by Multi-matic's CF production capacity, but there are other possible suppliers, or installing new autoclaves etc couldn't be out of the question? C'mon Bill Jr, get your thinking cap on and figure out a way for us mere mortals to get our hands on one!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm OK with Ford keeping the production low on the new Ford GT, but give us a Corvette-class car. Well, not that low class, but a Corvette fighter nevertheless.

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006

Hey, if this is true, yeah I know it ain't but just in case, I consider myself attending all rallys. If not in person, in spirit .. and I think that counts toward full attendance if that's what it takes to get one, which we all know it isn't true ... but just in case ...

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
At 2000 cars per year for the 05/06 GT pretty much anyone interested could find a dealer that had one for a look and drool. At 250 per year for the new GT, very few people outside the Forum will ever see one in person. Exclusivity is one thing, but we lucky owners know the enthusiasm the car generates on the road or at a show. Seems like a lost opportunity for Ford to create a lot of good-will.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
At 2000 cars per year for the 05/06 GT pretty much anyone interested could find a dealer that had one for a look and drool. At 250 per year for the new GT, very few people outside the Forum will ever see one in person. Exclusivity is one thing, but we lucky owners know the enthusiasm the car generates on the road or at a show. Seems like a lost opportunity for Ford to create a lot of good-will.

That's why I hope they go to normal, driving enthusiasts, so the public can see them, as opposed to a middle eastern sheikh who houses it in a museum!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I'm OK with Ford keeping the production low on the new Ford GT, but give us a Corvette-class car. Well, not that low class, but a Corvette fighter nevertheless.

Spot on. My friends and I were talking about that this weekend. It seems all products offered by Chevy has a competitor from Ford...except the corvette. Offer a mid-engine corvette-killer under 6 digits and I would be all over it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Spot on. My friends and I were talking about that this weekend. It seems all products offered by Chevy has a competitor from Ford...except the corvette. Offer a mid-engine corvette-killer under 6 digits and I would be all over it.

Ford has stated in the past they will not try to compete with the Corvette. They lost the window years ago. It's simple market dynamics. The Corvette has a rather captive market, so a competitive vehicle would have to shift market from the established Corvette market. It's a pretty tough play.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ford has stated in the past they will not try to compete with the Corvette. They lost the window years ago. It's simple market dynamics. The Corvette has a rather captive market, so a competitive vehicle would have to shift market from the established Corvette market. It's a pretty tough play.

My head tells me you're right, but my heart says otherwise.