New carbon fiber caps

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if any would be interested in some new carbon fiber/billet caps for the GT's? A friend of mine is making them. These are works of art. They'll be available in red, black, polished, blue and satin.

They're very light weight, tons of machining, and are top-notch quality.

Thanks,
Dustin

coolant_tank_cap_1.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This is probably a really retarded question, but are these reservoir and tank caps?

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Verry Interested!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
This is probably a really retarded question, but are these reservoir and tank caps?

I with you... caps to what?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Look Nice - what are they used for?:confused

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, I'll take a set in RED.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Whipple, are these covers that go over exsisting caps?

Definitely interested in two sets in polished please.

Guys I believe these are engine compartment caps for power steering, brake fluid, oil filler , radiator.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't care what they're for, I want to use them as ninja hardware against other color cars.

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
Whipple, are these covers that go over exsisting caps?

Definitely interested in two sets in polished please.

Guys I believe these are engine compartment caps for power steering, brake fluid, oil filler , radiator.

Maybe we should just wait until he explains it further!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't care what they're for, I want to use them as ninja hardware against other color cars.

:lol :lol :lol

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Caps for what?

If these are fluid reservoir caps, count me in for a set, polished, please. How 'bout letting us all know just what they are for and if they replace existing caps or simply snap on over the existing caps!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if any would be interested in some new carbon fiber/billet caps for the GT's? A friend of mine is making them. These are works of art. They'll be available in red, black, polished, blue and satin.

They're very light weight, tons of machining, and are top-notch quality.

Thanks,
Dustin

coolant_tank_cap_1.jpg

Well Dustin thanks for stealing my thunder.. Your friend designed these at my request. And he also asked that I didn't post any photos yet. Not that I want any credit ... well yea I guess I do !!! :biggrin For the record I supplied all of the dimensional data etc... So now you owe me a free Whipple Charger !!!

So now that the cat is out of the bag. I can give you some more details. These are machined ,anodized than re machined. The will be available in different colors. The will have a CF inlay. These will come mounted with stock OEM internals. and will come as a three piece set. I will have the first set and will post some real photos asap

Did you think someone would come up with something this cool and I not be involved !!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
well stormy.... just so you know, I can keep a secret.... do I get a free set of caps?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'll talk to our mutual friend and see how he wants to handle the marketing. He gave me the prices but I can't share them at this time. So they'll either be available from me, directly from Dustin's and I's mutual friend or maybe just sell them through Whipple since they are a sponsor here. Like I said before. I do these projects because of something I want and if others like it that makes me happy.

Also for the record I found this company because they make some real cool Motorcycle gas caps etc..s When I first contacted the owner I didn't tell him what car they were for. He told me that he was so busy that he probably would not take on the project and it would probably be way to expensive..
We continued to talk and I praised him for his work. Then he told me he was real busy doing some work for Whipple than I knew the door was open. I told them they were for the GT and now he was excited.

This guy makes some beautiful stuff and came up with the design. I really just found the right guy through hours of searching. I supplied the some of the dimensional data because the IC cap is real close to the clam shell so we needed to be careful on the perimeter.. I also sent him the stock caps to get the fitments right.. I can't take credit for the design but this project would not have happened if it wasn't for the "Cat" :biggrin Ok i feel better now..

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
well stormy.... just so you know, I can keep a secret.... do I get a free set of caps?

You're so right...And I'm proud of you. :biggrin I'm not sure about the marketing of these things. The maker and I hadn't got that far into the discussion yet. As you know I just got the drawings yesterday and Dustin let the cat out of the bag.. The good news is there will be some more cool caps available !! :thumbsup

Last edited:

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005

DBK,

Yup.

Dustin

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Great, we know all the behind the scene stuff now, except what are they for :confused, never mind that last note, just saw the post before mine

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
I'll talk to our mutual friend and see how he wants to handle the marketing. He gave me the prices but I can't share them at this time. So they'll either be available from me, directly from Dustin's and I's mutual friend or maybe just sell them through Whipple since they are a sponsor here. Like I said before. I do these projects because of something I want and if others like it that makes me happy.

Also for the record I found this company because they make some real cool Motorcycle gas caps etc..s When I first contacted the owner I didn't tell him what car they were for. He told me that he was so busy that he probably would not take on the project and it would probably be way to expensive..
We continued to talk and I praised him for his work. Then he told me he was real busy doing some work for Whipple than I knew the door was open. I told them they were for the GT and now he was excited.

This guy makes some beautiful stuff and came up with the design. I really just found the right guy through hours of searching. I supplied the some of the dimensional data because the IC cap is real close to the clam shell so we needed to be careful on the perimeter.. I also sent him the stock caps to get the fitments right.. I can't take credit for the design but this project would not have happened if it wasn't for the "Cat" :biggrin Ok i feel better now..

Didn't mean to steal your thunder, but was just helping a buddy out. He does incredible work, always has and would love nothing more than to see his stuff grace such beautiful machines as the GT. Trust me, I've been begging him to make these for the autos for sometime, glad you finally talked him into doing these things :cheers.

Thanks

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great, we know all the behind the scene stuff now, except what are they for :confused, never mind that last note, just saw the post before mine

Sorry set of three to include: Intercooler tank cap, Engine cooling tank cap and oil tank cap...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Didn't mean to steal your thunder, but was just helping a buddy out. He does incredible work, always has and would love nothing more than to see his stuff grace such beautiful machines as the GT. Trust me, I've been begging him to make these for the autos for sometime, glad you finally talked him into doing these things :cheers.

Thanks

No, I was just busting your chops. Jake makes some really cool stuff and deserves the credit for sure !! I think I caught him in the right mood to convince him to take on the project. He was politely not that interested in the beginning.. So, I too am happy he took on the project and made it happen!!

So, you're off the hook..But I still want my free Whipple !!:biggrin

Last edited: