new buyer of Ford GT

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
Hi all, I've been here off and on, looking for months to possibly buy a Ford GT.

So, long story short, I'm not up to date, but now the interest has come up by local dealer, the exact car I would like to have, in Tunsgton grey, with all options.

160 k seems ok, but is that the going price?

I'm sure I could research the posts here and come up with all sorts of info, but probably need to move rather quick on this, so please help me with the lastest and greatest info on pricing.

Clearly, these cars are going south on price, but, on the surface, 160 on a full MSRP seems ok, but are there better deals to be had?

Thanks.

Bill

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Prices within 5k north or south of MSRP are the average at this point. It really depends on how bad the dealer wants to move it. Some dealers are still getting excessive premiums, others want to move them badly. I'd say 160k is a good price to jump on at this point :thumbsup

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Bill,

As you are likely aware, there will always be a better deal. However, I would think that $5K off a Tungsten car that is local in stock would seem to be a very legitimate deal.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Agree with what they said :thumbsup

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Ditto, $160 K is dirt cheap, especially since it is local and you don't have to pay thousands to have it transported to you. Jump on it, and welcome :banana

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Great deal. You have a dealer ready to move the car.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
take the deal... it is a winner, just like the car :wink

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
good deal...as far as 'rpices heded south'...firstly that will not be for long as the prodxctuin date ends and then you have to scramble for the color/combo oyu want..if it makes sense do it no..what's 5k at this point?

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Sounds fair from the 7-dealers I have spoken with! (all regarding Black cars - full options)

Best deals - without negotiation (and over the phone as I'm UK based) were MSRP (NY State based dealers).

There were some that were still looking for + $5,000

One in a middle state that was askig for $199,995

And one person who thought I must have fallen off the turnip truck, who was asking $300,000 for a MY06 car with Heritage paint :rolleyes

I'd also agree that if it's a car you like, $5k off MSRP is a good deal :thumbsup

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
This is all baffling to me!!! Lemansz is right, what's 5k @ this level. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Run, don't walk to your dealer and BUY IT NOW! I hesitated and lost a car. Glad I found another. You will not be disappointed!! :biggrin

Gordo

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
You are so right Gordo. Their's one thing about this car that shouldn't matter and that's money. Anyone who can afford 160 can afford 165 or 167 or whatever! It's the privelage of owning one that should matter, the color and options one desires should be what matters, not the darn money. I wish all the threads regarding cost would GO AWAY!!! Sorry, I'm just tired of reading about it and do not wish to offend anyone.