Carmel & Cntrl Ca
When may I expect to see my blue set? :willy:willy:banana

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Struggling with color selection for my Tungsten. Thinking about the black or polished. But then the blue with the head covers as aforementioned... :confused

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
I'm going to be receiving some Black & some Polished any day and I'll post some photos of them installed. I have a local owner with a black no stripe GT who is going to choose between those two options.
I choose blue for the Tungsten car because I have a lot of other blue accents on the car. The Blue also ties in with the valve covers so don't write off that color. Like Frank said.. I will be putting the Red on my red GT just because!!

Initially wasn't going to get them, but after a second look and review of the comments from those who've already recevied them, I'm going to make the purchase. Same question as above, though. Black no stripes ... which color? Black seems appropriate, but, quite honestly, in my opinion, the blue looks best, at least in the posted pictures (sorry, Frank).

How does the blue match up with the valve covers ... does it complement them well? Also, any pictures of the pending dipstick yet?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
This May Help.

Here are some photos of the Black and Polished installed.. Heres's my opinion:

--The Black will look great on any color car. The Black blends in with the tanks and that really makes the machined accents stand out.

-- The Polished will look great on any color car. These are more elegant. without the two tone affect the details do not jump out at you but they do look great.

-- The Blue would also be acceptable on any color car. The shade of blue is slightly darker than the valve covers but there is a large gap between the two so it's not a real noticeable difference. Your wife won't scold you for not being color coordinated. :biggrin The Blue accents really pop more sitting on top of the black tanks. When you open the clam shell they will attract your attention.

-- The Red will have the same popping attraction affect that the Blue delivers. The Red will look great on red cars or if you have a custom project they might tie in with red valve covers etc.. Or if you just like red !!

I can tell you this what ever color you choose you'll be happy with them I assure you !! I'm happy to see the responses. Like I stated earlier. I have no financial gain from this project. Jake and the guys at Project 321 spent a lot of time and effort for this project. If all goes well I've got some other ideas cooking and I think Jake and his team can make my visions happen !! My biggest reward is hearing you guy like them and I know Jake likes to hear it as well because he is the real Master of the Metals!!

PS: The dip sticks will be finished next week so I'll post some photos of those as soon as they are available ...:thumbsup

Attachments

• Tank Cap Prj 037.jpg
    Tank Cap Prj 037.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 255
  • Tank Cap Prj 039.jpg
    Tank Cap Prj 039.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Tank Cap Prj 041.jpg
    Tank Cap Prj 041.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 259
  • Tank Cap Prj 047.jpg
    Tank Cap Prj 047.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Tank Cap Prj 050.jpg
    Tank Cap Prj 050.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Initially wasn't going to get them, but after a second look and review of the comments from those who've already received them, I'm going to make the purchase. Same question as above, though. Black no stripes ... which color? Black seems appropriate, but, quite honestly, in my opinion, the blue looks best, at least in the posted pictures (sorry, Frank).

How does the blue match up with the valve covers ... does it complement them well? Also, any pictures of the pending dipstick yet?

I hope my latest post answers you questions.. I can't speak for Jake but I can tell you this. The quality will beat your expectations or I'm sure Jake will take them back.. I can say this because you will like them, no doubt in my mind !! Guys who just purchase them are starting to receive them so I'm sure if you need more feed back it will come real soon !! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You guys don't just get it! RED is the THE color! It's festive and bright, not like those no color cars you have. My order went in the mail today, so wait a week or so and I'll show you (as I always do).

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
Mr B, the man himself, was kind enough to deliver, by his own hand...my black cap set today with custom installation on my black no stripe...the pictures really don't show the fine details and quality of the project..Be prepared..you will never want to close the clamshell again..I think that sums it up...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Received my order today. Major problem! These jewels are so nice I don't know whether to install them on the car or display them in my den. A great big "atta-boy" to Stormcat and Jake, with Project321. Jake and his crew are first rate and customer service oriented-a refreshing breath of air.

I did mention these are like a fine watch. It would be perfectly acceptable to have more that one set !! ... :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Mr B, the man himself, was kind enough to deliver, by his own hand...my black cap set today with custom installation on my black no stripe...the pictures really don't show the fine details and quality of the project..Be prepared..you will never want to close the clamshell again..I think that sums it up...

Thanks G!!
Always good to see you my friend !!! Please send me the link or the name of of that car again.. I couldn't find it on the search ??.. B

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You guys don't just get it! RED is the THE color! It's festive and bright, not like those no color cars you have. My order went in the mail today, so wait a week or so and I'll show you (as I always do).

Thanks for your support Frank. I'll expect a report when you receive them !!:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The package just got better !! Dip Stick photos !!

For those of you who ordered here is ther first look at the dip stick.. Yep they are cool !!..:thumbsup

Attachments

• dip stick.jpg
    dip stick.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 240

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Sweet!! Better than I thought they would look like. Now my order can be shipped.
Hurry Hurry!!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Can you buy just the dipstick?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Can you buy just the dipstick?

I'm sure the guys at 321 would be happy to take care of you.. I know They've got a lot of orders to fill as complete packages and they were waiting for the Dip stick parts from Ford. Once they're caught up I'm sure they would work with you !!

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
I have a black no stripe with the black set up..truly pieces of art..this dipstick appears to be the same high quality precision detailed item that I have been looking at everytime the clamshell is opened..which is very often...

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
STORMCAT What has been the most popular color choice so far ?

--

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Just faxed my order. Thanks

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
STORMCAT What has been the most popular color choice so far ?

--

The Blue and Red are the top sellers according to Jake. I hope to have a red set here for my Red GT in the coming days. I'll post some photos of those as soon as I receive them !! Thanks for your support guys.. This will make it easier when I try talk Jake into some more GT projects !!

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Order sent out today! Can't wait ... well, guess technically, I can ... just don't want to!

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Faxed my order in for the polished today!

If they don't pop quite enough I'll display them as someone else said and order the black.