Need rear tires

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I just spoke with Jeff at Hoosier. Sales dropped below 50 a year so they discontinued that size. Just as I said earlier that size was made only for us. However, if we can get a group order in they will make them for us. I will check if there is enough interest but I feel they make as few as 20 tires. We may get them for distributor cost also.

Ok - everyone: who wants a rear R6 Hoosier?

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sorry MTDGT for hijacking your thread. I'll start a new one under the Owner's section

Ed

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Chris Harris recently made a video where they put a set of 125 section width spare tires on a C63 AMG. The point was that more grip is not necessarily better. I am running Hoosier R6 tires on my track car, and the grip and handling limits are so high that the car is not much fun to drive on the street.

I would stay with Bridgestones on the GT unless it sees regular track time, or makes enough power that Hoosiers are needed for high speed pulls.

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
No worries I'm ordering Bridgestone's thanks to those that contributed!

fordgt6

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 19, 2009
East Lake Weir, FL
Does anyone know for sure if Goodyear Tires will be remanufactured with August availability? Thanks.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Does anyone know for sure if Goodyear Tires will be remanufactured with August availability? Thanks.
Why would you want Goodyears? The Bridgestones are so superior

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'd take them for a good price. But, I think you'd have to ask Goodyear about production schedules. Or, possibly Tire Rack can find out.

Availability of rear Bridgestones is sometimes an issue as well. I don't know how many guys with Enzos are wearing tires out.

Last edited:

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
Steve,
What size are you running front and back? And do you have a substantial gap between the tires and fenders?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Steve,
What size are you running front and back? And do you have a substantial gap between the tires and fenders?

Get a set of the T AND A lowering perches. Easy to set ride height.