Need Help With Binnacle Swap

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I am switching my binnacle for one of Kip's beautiful carbon fiber models. Everything is going smoothly until I need to unplug the toggle switches. I am stumped. Can anyone give me some advice on how those 5 plugs release from the toggles? I can't seem to find a release tab like the plugs for the gage cluster. If it easier to talk than write, call me. Thanks.

David Scholl
602-525-3469

Aug 25, 2006
Hi David

Were you successful after we chatted?

Takes care

Shadowman

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
As usual, a big thanks to this Forum and the resources of all that contribute here. Shadowman introduced me to Evan who helped me out. And, Kendall called and shared with me the trick his son uses. I now have all 5 plugs off and I send an extra large "Thank You" to all that have helped me with this lovely little exercise.

Kendall, your son's suggestion did the trick.

Thanks again!!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Is this a secret:lol please fill us in on the method used:thumbsup

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Kendall shared with me that you just have to slip a small jewelers screwdriver sized object between the female (piece that stays attached to the switches) and the male plug. Once inserted, you just need to create enough flex or warpage to allow the male sided plug's "tooth" to slip past the hole it fits in. I just used a small "L" shaped hex key to slip between male and female pieces.

It takes a little work because the plugs are tough to reach. But once you do one, you understand how it works and te rest are easier.

Kendall may be able to add something here also.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Kendall shared with me that you just have to slip a small jewelers screwdriver sized object between the female (piece that stays attached to the switches) and the male plug. Once inserted, you just need to create enough flex or warpage to allow the male sided plug's "tooth" to slip past the hole it fits in. I just used a small "L" shaped hex key to slip between male and female pieces.

It takes a little work because the plugs are tough to reach. But once you do one, you understand how it works and te rest are easier.

Kendall may be able to add something here also.

:thumbsup

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Kendall, your son's suggestion did the trick.

The cat is out of the bag.