Need help to open the door

chanelctaz

Oct 19, 2010
Las Vegas
have my 2005 Gt now for 2 months and after 2weeks the battery is death..The dealership still is trying to get the battery charger from the previous owner.Now i cant open the doors ..The keys are inside the car but the door was not lock..still when i press cant open the door....did i need a lock smith ,cant charge the car? any help please.... thanks

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Solutions

spare key open the door

remove belly pans and charge the battery using the frame for ground and the + lead on the starter.

Get a lock smith, last choice!

I would think that any Ford dealer cound get the key codes from the ZIN and cut a spare.

Last edited:

chanelctaz

Oct 19, 2010
Las Vegas
The problem is that I don't have the spare keys .. The dealership still waiting to get the extra key , cover, and charger from the previous owner that has been out of the country now for 8 weeks .. I the mean time call several times and talk to the manager w the same excuse .. ..well the door was unlock , that makes any difference..

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The latch mechanism is operated electrically, or by the key. When the battery is dead you are SOL without a key. The key is sometimes very hard to turn, others have posted that pressing in on the door while turning the key helps.

The door being unlocked only makes a difference if you have battery power. I still don't know why the dealer can't cut you a key off of the VIN.

Last edited:

chanelctaz

Oct 19, 2010
Las Vegas
So basically need the key !! Will need to get a spare from the ford dealership ,meanwhile still waiting from the non ford dealer to get it from the previous owner .. Thanks for your help blackice..

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
You are welcome. Yes the best option would be to have a Ford dealer cut you a key. Why risk damage to the car by using a locksmith.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Drive the car more often and you won't have this problem. 26K miles and NEVER on a charger. It has sat for 6 weeks at a time too.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Solutions

spare key open the door

remove belly pans and charge the battery using the frame for ground and the + lead on the starter.

Get a lock smith, last choice!

I would think that any Ford dealer cound get the key codes from the ZIN and cut a spare.

Great suggestions.

Armrer

GT Owner
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Arizona
Couldn't you have the dealer just cut a spare front hood key, access the battery, and jump it from there to open the driver's door?

I agree, I have seen three locksmiths decline touching the car as they had no clue and didn't want the liability of screwing it up.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I don't think you can cut a spare key without one as a master, can you? I had a second key cut at a dealer and they had to use their computer plugged into my OBD port. That produced a chip-equipped, full function key. Can you cut a non-chipped key for the hood lock without a master, simply from the VIN number?

Howard

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I don't think you can cut a spare key without one as a master, can you? I had a second key cut at a dealer and they had to use their computer plugged into my OBD port. That produced a chip-equipped, full function key. Can you cut a non-chipped key for the hood lock without a master, simply from the VIN number?

Howard

A non-chipped key can also turn the door latch.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Yes, but can you create a non-chipped key from just the VIN, without a master (which is locked inside the car!)?

Howard

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Yes, but can you create a non-chipped key from just the VIN, without a master (which is locked inside the car!)?

Howard

I believe so. Many dealers of many makes have access to key codes for every VIN number made. Just a database lookup. There was a big stink about this a few years back when criminals would look up VINs for cars in long term parking lots, go a dealer, make a key and just drive away. Most dealer now require proof of ownership before cutting keys. Though this doesn't stop crooks with an inside man at a dealership from make keys for nefarious reasons.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
That makes sense, and should be the solution to Chanelctz's problem.

Howard

chanelctaz

Oct 19, 2010
Las Vegas
Thanks everybody for your help..On monday would ask the ford dealer here in henderson to get the key..Also will call Norm Baker dealership for a ultimatum on my extra key,cover and charger..The previous owner still has it...is my understanding he is a member on these forum....So PLEASE GIVE ME MY STUFFFF,,,,,

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Chanel, is the past owner a member here? Someone here on the Forum might know who it is and we can contact them directly to get faster results than the selling dealership. More info please.

chanelctaz

Oct 19, 2010
Las Vegas
My understanding he lives here in Las Vegas and in Montana .I Bought the car in 10/16/10 at norm baker here in Vegas .Adams the manager from norm baker said that he was out of town .. Now after 10 weeks he still is out of town .. My car is a 2005 Black no stripes #1169.. He has in the passenger back seat a emblem in memory from Bonny.. Now after joining the forum and reading know that he was and special member here .. I just want back these items .. As you can see need that charger and the extra
Keys ..... Norm Baker are just blaming everything to the previous owner...

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Howard

Yes - non-chip blank key for Ford Focus & VIN & Proof of owmnership. Works the hood and door locks (with a bit of effort!). Will not start the car.

Been mentioned before, when doing self park in the Valet area, and where it's mandatory "policy" ,leave the emegency foor/hood key instead of the chipped one. No un-intended, or unknown, driving will happen.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
You can order the oem charger from forum sponsors here for like $70, and cover, manual, window sticker/certificate build kit too

Forget waiting, order your stuff

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Couldn't you have the dealer just cut a spare front hood key, access the battery, and jump it from there to open the driver's door?

I agree, I have seen three locksmiths decline touching the car as they had no clue and didn't want the liability of screwing it up.

Best short term solution. Get a spare non chipped key and open the door or the front storage . If the door is to difficult to open with the key you can put a charge on the battery and the door will open with the electric release.