Need advice

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I asked one time if the glass between the cabin and motor bay was glass or some type of synthetic.I had belt dressing on it.ive clean glass alot, so i went
with fine sleel wool and windex.now its got fine scratchs in it.I can't live with this.Is there any fix? Or has any one replace one before?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Man I hate when I do stuff like that. :frown

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I asked one time if the glass between the cabin and motor bay was glass or some type of synthetic.I had belt dressing on it.ive clean glass alot, so i went
with fine sleel wool and windex.now its got fine scratchs in it.I can't live with this.Is there any fix? Or has any one replace one before?

You might try Eastwood's glass polishing kit.
I used it on a couple of scratched up windshields on a couple '62 Chevy's of mine a few years back and it REALLY worked well. And some of those were DEEP scratches. From your description, it ought to be a snap to correct your pblm with this kit.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

If they are fine scratches you might be able to repair it, they sell scratch repair kits, it may not work well if the scratches are deep. sorry to hear about the glass, and I agree as well, we all do stuff like that.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
You might try Eastwood's glass polishing kit.
I used it on a couple of scratched up windshields on a couple '62 Chevy's of mine a few years back and it REALLY worked well. And some of those were DEEP scratches. From your description, it ought to be a snap to correct your pblm with this kit.

I have the Eastwood kit and have used it on my truck and some other cars and have had good luck with it. Might want try it before getting a replacment glass.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Toothpaste and Brasso are milder abrasives your can use too; shines up your watch glass also.

Brush your teeth afterwards too.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Toothpaste

+1 ...Though it's a bitch to get at the window.

Something else to consider. I just took delivery of Zaino's Glass Polish. I haven't tried it yet.

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

Like Fubar said: "Man I hate when I do stuff like that. "

Steel wool? I think your screwed here!

Good luck!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Steel wool? I think your screwed here!

Not necessarily, Bill.

"Fine" scratches should come right out with the Eastwood kit. It contains a small polishing "disc" to use and the whole 9 yards as I recall.

'Worked for me...

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
Not necessarily, Bill.

"Fine" scratches should come right out with the Eastwood kit. It contains a small polishing "disc" to use and the whole 9 yards as I recall.

'Worked for me...

Been there, and I've done that! I really hope the best for you, and I think the Eastwood kit gives you the best chance. It's a good product! I've used it.

I've been there, and it may be "possible/passable", but if the scratches are visible, and/or if you can "feel" them in ANY way with your fingernail as you pass over the scratches, it won't work. The scratches are just too deep for it to work!

Good luck! I hope you can get them out!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Why don't you go to a car glass place and ask? They may surprise you. Personally, I only use razor blades.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I was coming back from Vegas last year, just picked up a new to me Challenge Stradale, testing the car and having fun at about 120 MPH (in an closed course by a non-professional driver) and then all in a sudden, I hit an 80 MPH wind storm head on, and subsequently the car suffered numerous 200 MPH stone chips on the front bumper and glass. So chips are deep and some arn't but I'll give the Eastwood repair kit a try, maybe it'll just work.