Need advice on a Heritage FGT in West Palm Beach

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Dear Forum

I am purchasing a 06 Heritage Blue Ford GT from Driving Emotions VIN # FAFP90S18Y401469. Does anyone have any knowledge of this car or any "stories" on it. THe salesmen says the guy had the cared "tuned for 103 octance gas" and that it pulls 680 RWHP in the configuration. I have never heard of this. It does not have a whipple or apparently a pulley and tune. The car will need to have a pulley and tune for street car gas.

The owner claims that he only uses 103 race car gas in the car but that "it has never been tracked" ? Huh? Doesn't that seem odd? Why would you go to a track to get that high octane fuel? I have never heard of a car being "tuned for 103 octane gas", is this correct?

Finally, I need a recommendation for a PPI and a pulley in tune (if the PPI is ok) and bumper delete in the West Palm Beach area. Please advise.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I would not consider a purchase without an expert PPI. I would not hesitate to pay whatever it took to get it checked out.
Story sounds odd, but must get car inspected.
The list of potential issues, which may or may even not be known by any seller is long and very costly.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
As stated in my OP I am looking for a PPI source near West Palm Beach....

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Talk to Torrie on the forum. He is probably looking for a reason to blow out the new Focus SV! Or, he can recommend someone.

Larry

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Talk to Torrie on the forum. He is probably looking for a reason to blow out the new Focus SV! Or, he can recommend someone.

Larry
Here is Torrie's email, he is based in Florida, http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/ Dmark, glad you are narrowing your choices.....the people at the other site seem to be envious.....

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Heffner Performance?

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I concur with Torrie. Plus he can modify the current tune to run on pump gas and be safe.

Looks like a great car!
ben

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
It is possible to get that HP with a pulley and a custom tune configured for 103 octane. I would not recommend keeping it that way!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm confused. Does it have a smaller pulley or not? If not, and without a tune to get more boost than the stock 12 psi, I don't know how you get 680 hp. Tuning for 103 will allow more spark advance. You can get 103 in a can, but, again, I don't know why you'd want to do that, when a pulley, tune,throttle body, exhaust can get you an easy 100 hp on 91 octane.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm confused. Does it have a smaller pulley or not? If not, and without a tune to get more boost than the stock 12 psi, I don't know how you get 680 hp. Tuning for 103 will allow more spark advance. You can get 103 in a can, but, again, I don't know why you'd want to do that, when a pulley, tune,throttle body, exhaust can get you an easy 100 hp on 91 octane.

Mine dynoed at 650RWHP with a 91 tune. I think it is 16lb boost.

I'm also not sure but I think the SCT tuner has a 103 tune on it. I only looked at it after I got it so can't be certain but I know there were at least 3 additional tunes besides the 91 tune.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
I finally verified it has a "custom" exhaust by Precision South Florida Turbo WITH a new pulley and tune. It is tuned for 93 octane and produces 650RWHP . I finally got to talk to the guy that did it.

Still wondering if its worth 225K and if I add 3k miles to it in the next couple of years if the value will plummet.

Mark

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Mark,

As other have said, don't proceed without a PPI. The GT Guys, now that the Rally is over may be able to accomodate you. They're probably the closest for you. On the Left coast, we'd be happy to help you out.

If you proceed with the purchase after the PPI, I'd ask for the dyno sheets and make sure they have A/F ratios plotted on them. Send/fax these to Torrie or myself and we'd be able to give you feedback. In the absence of specific tuning data (or if there's an anomoly), I'd recommend purchasing a tune from Torrie. No doubt there are some other good tuners out there, but there's some not-so-good / inexperienced tuners as well and I think you could just sleep better having a tune from Torrie.

Best of luck in your hunt!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I finally verified it has a "custom" exhaust by Precision South Florida Turbo WITH a new pulley and tune. It is tuned for 93 octane and produces 650RWHP . I finally got to talk to the guy that did it.

Still wondering if its worth 225K and if I add 3k miles to it in the next couple of years if the value will plummet.

Mark

You might consider giving Shelby a call, he knows the benchmarking of these cars well.....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Mark

It's hard to talk "worth" here. Just points of comparison maybe. Lots of low miles non-Heritage GTs going for 180 +/-. Heritage paint was a $13.5K option new. You could probably get a Heritage repaint for a lot less than the $45K difference, but then it wouldn't have original value, would it? Personally, I'd discount the added value of pulley/tune/exhaust. I think you have to decide between driver car and collector car. Again, personally, I think all these cars should be driver's cars and eff future value. If it goes up in value that's a bonus, but how do you put a price tag on the incredible experience of owing and driving these cars? Even sitting in the garage with a cocktail and looking at them? Rubbing a cloth over those erotic fenders? lol. If you think you'll need/want to sell it in a few years, then negotiate hard and relegate to driving infrequently. Good luck with that! haha. I hope you buy it, keep it forever, and drive the crap out of it!

P.S. I bought mine in June with 3k mi. It passed 7k mi at the Rally. It also passed 170 mph at the Rally. :biggrin

Last edited:

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Well you didn't say how many miles it has now but at that price I would guess less than 5k. I'm just under 10k on mine and after the rally and some discussions on value I'm not going to slow down on the driving. First I have no plans to sell the car but feel comfortable with where I would be if I ever did.

Mark

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Well you didn't say how many miles it has now but at that price I would guess less than 5k. I'm just under 10k on mine and after the rally and some discussions on value I'm not going to slow down on the driving. First I have no plans to sell the car but feel comfortable with where I would be if I ever did.

Yes it has 4,200 miles. And yes I plan on driving it at least 3,000 miles per year beyond that!

I see you are in Frisco, I am close to the high five, maybe a Heritage meet would be in order soon after I buy!

Mark

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
It will be good to have another car in Dallas. Itsonly money and I are the only ones that drive our heritages. I've seen 2 others but they are buried away and not driven.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'll bring my sorry miserable white or silver cars and meet you guys at C&C.