Need a Good, Reliable Transport Co to move my New Ford GT... any recommendations?

RocksElPaso

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2012
El Paso TX
I just purchased a Beautiful Black No Stripe and I want it taken care of while it gets shipped to me. Can anyone recommend a good auto transport co to move her from Kingston MA to El Paso TX?

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions :thumbsup

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Can't help you on the transport but good call on the black n/s!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Reliable, Passport, The Finest Carrier LLC, Horseless Carriage, etc.

Congrats on the new car!

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
I have had good luck with Intercity Lines

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have had good luck with Intercity Lines

Intercity has been my standard. They moved my Mustangs and my Cobra, and delivered my Ford GT, but the guys at Reliable (Mike? that helped with the cars at Rally 9) really came through to find an open slot on a truck coming through Colorado when I wanted to get my car out here before the Rally.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Welcome and congrats on the GT. I'm moving from CA to TX in the next few weeks and am using Incognito Express (based in central TX) after getting recommendations from 2 friends in Houston. They're very responsive and flexible with pickup/delivery times. Obviously, my final judgement will come after the cars are delivered. I looked into Reliable, but their estimate on delivering the cars was 3-5 weeks after pickup??

And I've given up on Intercity. Despite their stellar reputation, they have never been able to accommodate my schedule.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Scheduling with the majors had been an issue for a long time. It seems there is an auction every week now

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I have used Reliable Carriers for years and have had a great experience with them. Understand that all the carriers put individual cars in que as they have room on the trucks when they are hauling car collections for individuals or car companies. 2-3 weeks is their default answer to cover themselves. I've never waited more than a week. just a shipped a car to California from Michigan. they said 2-3 weeks. it arrived on the 6th day ater dropping it off. jmo

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Scheduling with the majors had been an issue for a long time. It seems there is an auction every week now

no kidding... seems like the good carriers all follow the auction circuit now. I've just sold my 65 vette and helped the buyer arrange transport. You would think living off I-95 and I-40 on the east coast I could catch a ride to the buyers location in Co. Started with Reliable @ 4-5 weeks, Intercity @ 2-3 weeks which turned out to be 4+ weeks and the others being Passport and Finest wouldn't even take the order... Also made calls from friends of Forum for guidance to no avail. Cash bonus didn't even work.

Buyer ended up going through a broker for an enclosed truck which was a standard car carrier with a wrapper on it but the car did deliver in 7 days so it was a chance but a good news story eventually. For a FGT - nothing but a double decker enclosed trailer would be used by me... and then only door to door...

Trip being from Kingston/ Boston MA and going to Texas I hope you stand a better chance of catching a ride than I did... sorry I can't be more helpful and good luck

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Kingston MA? must be a low mile car, as I had no idea there was another black no stripe car a town away from me (unless it started its life down the cape). As its in my back yard, let me know if I can be of any help.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
One counter to this, is that Intercity is based in MA, likely increasing the probability that they will be in in the area to pick it up.

And I've given up on Intercity. Despite their stellar reputation, they have never been able to accommodate my schedule.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
I just purchased a Beautiful Black No Stripe and I want it taken care of while it gets shipped to me. Can anyone recommend a good auto transport co to move her from Kingston MA to El Paso TX?

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions :thumbsup

I could list the car on Central Dispatch for you and get you a great shipping quote with a reliable carrier if needed. Just call or text 1-936-414-2295 Andy House

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
One counter to this, is that Intercity is based in MA, likely increasing the probability that they will be in in the area to pick it up.

Perhaps, Andy. But when I moved out west from NY, I ran into the same problem with them. Think I tried using them one more time after which I gave up. I'm sure they're a first rate carrier as they have a stellar reputation. But there are several more than competent smaller outfits that can do the same job without the hassle/wait.

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
For the past four months, Passport has given us the lowest quotes and provided very prompt service. If you can get Marek for your driver, he is great, very careful and super guy.

OTG

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
I just hired Finest to bring mine from TX to PA - be here next Wednesday. Maybe they could haul your car back on the return trip. The guy I'm buying mine from said they have the best insurance limits he's seen and they use brand new top of the line trucks and trailers. PM me

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Give these fellows a call:

Many Northwest collectors use these fellows and I have used them to transport my cars. They are very trustworthy:

Randy McKinley: maxiet@gmail.com (360) 661-1734 - Fred Koller: fkoller@earthlink.net (702) 361-1928. They do nation wide transport as well.

DJ.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I totally understand. I only used them once on a one way up from NC, I must have been lucky as PU and delivery where fast. They did seem on the expensive side. Maybe it was just this perticular driver team, but they protected the car differently that any other transport Ive used. They covered seat, put down paper floor mat, and covered the entire car with a one use soft lined plastic. All this for an 89 Foxbody Saleen.....

Perhaps, Andy. But when I moved out west from NY, I ran into the same problem with them. Think I tried using them one more time after which I gave up. I'm sure they're a first rate carrier as they have a stellar reputation. But there are several more than competent smaller outfits that can do the same job without the hassle/wait.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I just hired Finest to bring mine from TX to PA - be here next Wednesday. Maybe they could haul your car back on the return trip. The guy I'm buying mine from said they have the best insurance limits he's seen and they use brand new top of the line trucks and trailers. PM me

Reliable and Intercity always seem to quote a month or more for pickup. I have found Passport to be somewhat better.
Used Finest a few months ago- still took several weeks for pickup, but probably a little quicker and a few hundred dollars cheaper. However, they did not deliver with "brand new top of the line trucks and trailers"- they sublet to some guy with a truck and small trailer for the final delivery.

OTG

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Reliable and Intercity always seem to quote a month or more for pickup. I have found Passport to be somewhat better.
Used Finest a few months ago- still took several weeks for pickup, but probably a little quicker and a few hundred dollars cheaper. However, they did not deliver with "brand new top of the line trucks and trailers"- they sublet to some guy with a truck and small trailer for the final delivery.

Finest better not pull that crap on me. Did they tell you they were going to do that? I've been promised last on first out treatment and the truck they used was brand new, so I won't be happy if it shows up in some random guy's landscape trailer.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Finest took a car from Detroit to San Francisco for me and it was the nicest trailer I'd ever seen. Seriously expensive rig.