Need a FEAD belt

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anyone know where I can pick up a front engine accessory drive belt? My ‘06 is at The GT Guys getting a full refresh and Rich says these belts are on back order at Ford. He says there are no aftermarket replacement ones either. I’d sure like to replace it while it’s there.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
These should fit.
Dayco 5100883 Supercharger
Dayco 5060923 Main/Alternator

If not, Serpentine belts are made in just about all size increments. Take both to NAPA or Oreilly's. They can measure them with a belt ruler and match them up.

Let us know what you find.

What are you doing about the oil pump belt?

Good luck.

Last edited:

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
We're fitting Continental 4060922 for the 6 rib belt as we can't get the Motorcraft part either.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The power steering hose is out of stock too

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
He says there are no aftermarket replacement ones either.

Replacements, as noted above, are readily available and as good or better than the Motorcraft. Fitment will be perfect.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
These should fit.
Dayco 5100883 Supercharger
Dayco 5060923 Main/Alternator

If not, Serpentine belts are made in just about all size increments. Take both to NAPA or Oreilly's. They can measure them with a belt ruler and match them up.

Let us know what you find.

What are doing about the oil pump belt?

Good luck.
My car is twin turbo so it doesn‘t use a supercharger belt. He used a Synchronous Gearbelt on the oil pump.
Thanks for all the feedback. I’ve sent it to Rich.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
My car is twin turbo so it doesn‘t use a supercharger belt. He used a Synchronous Gearbelt on the oil pump.
Thanks for all the feedback. I’ve sent it to Rich.

Is a Synchronous gear belt what the factory styled V-belt is called?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
My car is twin turbo so it doesn‘t use a supercharger belt.

Yes and no. The 10-rib belt is replaced because there's no more supercharger - but you still need a replacement belt in that "plane" in order to drive the power steering pump. The accessory belt will take care of the water pump, AC, and alternator. Of course the oil pump is driven by its own belt and tensioner.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Yes he had a belt for that.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Replacements, as noted above, are readily available and as good or better than the Motorcraft. Fitment will be perfect.

Are you referring to the Dayco, Continental or both? Just want to see what you have experience with......thanks

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We've used the Continental. I think either brand will provide years of trouble-free service. The lack of availability of a Motorcraft branded belt for our GTs is the LEAST of our worries!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I scheduled my local Ford dealer (Vancouver Ford—the service manager also is a trained FGT tech) to do a fluid and filter change to prepare for the upcoming Rally XIII. The current oil pump belt has 36,000 miles on it, so it’s time to change that too. It’s an OE Motorcraft belt, so it’s probably at least 10 years old.

I gave the dealer the info on the Continental replacement belt, but they have not been able to find a source that has them in stock. Earliest estimated delivery date is in mid-September, and this slipped from late August.

Do any of you have a source with them in stock? Kendall, do you sell the belts?

thanks in advance.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Pete - I have plenty of the oil pump belts in stock. Send me an email at kpond@sbcglobal.net and I can get one out to you as quick as you need it. :)

Reactions: HNS

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Kendall, I emailed ya. Thanks