Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
What an epic day we had!

QD32

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 22, 2022
SoCal
Your car looked outstanding in those scenes!

ScottK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Ho Ho Holy Car! Great spec and video. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: PilotMarky

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ah the "project" you referenced recently.......

Seems as though the now almost 7 year old car held up ok....... The GT sure as heck looks better.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So is the car pictured on the faceplate the same as the car in the video? They look to be different colors and different wheels.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool video!

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
Same car, it is odd that the wheels look silvery despite obviously being the carbon. Maybe it is over edited.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Really well done video and the car looks incredible.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
Love it

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Great video! Thanks for posting - would never have found it.

Surprised no helmets and belts?

Not sure about color. Would have to see to know for sure. Probably no such thing as a "bad" livery for a GT.

Would like to know the actual performance numbers they achieved.

Actually surprised by the results. Thought the Z06 would win by a fair amount. Certainly great to see the "victories". I suspect results might vary by driver skill. Probably could cover the differences with a blanket.

Comments listed were overwhelming in favor of the GT. Glad I have one!

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
The run in the video was the best one of three tries. The corvette advertised 0-60 time of 2.6 seconds must be on a specially prepared surface, with the best car they could build. It had Cup 2R tyres, while the GT had ”regular” Cup 2 tyres. It is not an easy car to get off the line.
I will admit, I was a little nervous going against it with these claims, but seeing It get beaten was quite satisfying. Primarily because some guy in a corvette hat literally yelled from the sidewalk, “I BEAT YOUUUU!!” as we were driving down PCH in Laguna Beach. That dude can go eat his hat, LOL.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hedge your bets next time. Use a RED car

Reactions: PeteK

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Considering that either car can spin its wheels all the way through 60MPH, it's not a demonstration of power, but of traction. Put slicks on it, and the results will change. 0-100MPH makes more sense for cars like these.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Thanks for sharing this. Your car looked amazing. I can't help wonder if the 20-up models are underrated. Nobody has published instrumented test results to-date. If this was a 17-19, based on the published test results from various sources, the Z06 should have smoked it.

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
I would love to see dyno charts of the 17-19 cars and the 20-up cars. Jordan Moran was there with his 2018, so we raced and I beat him easily three times. Clearly low end torque is better with the bigger intercoolers. Based on that, I would say even the earlier NFGT’s would be about even with a Z06.

Reactions: GTMD and Special K

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
Here are some of the other attempts. Crappy video quality from my iPhone. All stuff done with permission of the Throttle House team.