My GTX arrived !

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
My GTX finally arrived ! Thanks to Kip who performed a great job. This car deserved that !

IMG_0628.jpgIMG_0629.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations - looks beautiful - :thumbsup

GTX1's are few & far between - very rare!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'STUNNING car!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Congrats. Beautiful car. I hope they let you relocate that front plate :)

ben

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Awesome !

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
beauty!

have fun! watch the right foot.....

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Stevo after all you have been through, I'm glad you will finally be able to enjoy the car.
On another note I received the notice last week for the Chapter 7 filing of Mark Gerisch. The Genaddi experience just never seems to go away.

Last edited:

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Hi Stevo:

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll find the wait worthwhile.

I'm considering asking Kip to re-do the roof on my X1. Can you send me at sbw@fedbanklaw.com (or post on the Forum) some more detailed pictures of the roof Kip installed?

All the best,

Steve

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Hi Rick:

I received the same depressing Bankruptcy Notice. Thankfully, life goes on.

Missed you at GT Rally 7 in New Orleans. Great trip with Bernard Guerin as my co-pilot, except when I mistakenly took a handicapped pedistrian walkway for the front driveway at the hotel and destroyed my splitter! It's truly amazing the things I'm capable of doing while stone-cold sober AND actually trying to be careful at the same time.

All the best to you,

Steve

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Please have a look at:

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa145/kipewing/Stevos GTX1 build/

you have all the building process.
I'm just waiting now for the soft canvas (from Kip).

It's worth doing it. Kip has performed an excellent job. I hear no noise at all and the car is waterproof.
If you are tall, maybe it's worth considering to lower your seat !

Hi Stevo:

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll find the wait worthwhile.

I'm considering asking Kip to re-do the roof on my X1. Can you send me at sbw@fedbanklaw.com (or post on the Forum) some more detailed pictures of the roof Kip installed?

All the best,

Steve

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Stevo:

Thanks for the pics. It couldn't look more professional! Kip has truly outdone his employer in both design and execution. Congrats on being the first to own and enjoy the fruits of Kip's amazing talent and labor of love.

Steve

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is this a new car or an older conversion? Can these still be done?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Can these still be done?

As long as Kip is still breathing...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
As long as Kip is still breathing...

I love them. The thought of taking a SawzAll to my car makes me cringe but I think they look cool. Would it be blasphemous to do one to a Heritage? Are there any others? I'd like to see what one looks like.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The thought of taking a SawzAll to my car makes me cringe...

'Couldn't agree more! But, what's the ole saying in the auto hobby world? "Anybody can restore a car. It takes a REAL MAN to cut one up!"

Would it be blasphemous to do one to a Heritage?

Some would opine it's a blasphemy to do it to any FGT.

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
This is an older conversion. My car was one of the last made by Genaddi...

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
My car was one of the last made by Genaddi...

What number did Genaddi Design assign to your GTX1? It's my understanding that less than 30 GTX1s were actually produced by Genaddi Design.

Steve

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Steve W.

Not a hi-jack, but your car was one of very favorite at the Rally. Love the color scheme. Surprised the "Saints" did not ask you to do some promo work! haha

Beautiful car!

Larry
THUGBOAT

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Would it be blasphemous to do one to a Heritage?...

Why does the paint selection make a difference? Let's face it, a "Heritage" is the same GT as all the others under it's skin color. And, while I loved John Wyer's organization, the GT40's that he ran were privateers, not factory cars. And, they (P/1074 and P/1075) were rebuilds of Mirages (M.10002 and M.10003). There is a lot of hype in the forum about the increased worth of the "Heritage" model, which was originally priced by Ford as a $13,500 option (Wow!). Seems like Ford was making a nice profit on the Gulf sponsored colors, after dropping their own sponsorship of the GT40's and forcing Wyer to obtain funding from an independent source.

In actuality, the true winning Ford heritage colors should be the "Mark II Black with Silver Stripes" version (1966 Le Mans Winner P/1046, a Mark II GT40), and the "Mark IV Red with White Stripes" version (1967 Le Mans Winner J-6, a Mark IV GT40).

I'm not trying to demean the current GT Heritage models, as I think thet are a wonderful tribute to John Wyer Associates, and their great efforts that continued the domination of Ford at Le Mans and other international races, and for bringing the Gulf Oil Corporation into sponsorship of international racing.

So, concerning "Blasphemous" to cut up a GT, I think that having the orignal champion of the GTX1, namely Kip Ewing, modify a GT to the alternate configuration would be a tribute. And, having Kip doing it (instead of Gennadi) means that it will be done correctly and properly. For those who wish to have the GTX1 configuration, I would maintain that any color would be a great choice, and only depends on the desires of the purchaser.

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Kip has transformed this GTX1 into a concours example of masterful design, engineering and technology. Congratulations Stevo and Kip!