My first HPDE with my FGT. Need Advice.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
""Watch your temp gauge and pull in if it goes into limp mode.""

FJPIKUL, Are you talking about the car or yourself that goes into LIMP mode when thing get to hot?

Frank has pills that solve the problem, but they don't won't on the car. :lol

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Take a sun protecting (wide brim) hat for when you are standing around on a Hot tarmac waiting your turn.

Don't ask how I know this...... :bored

Folding chair, tote box if you want to leave items out of your car, water, snacks. Stay hydrated if it's hot. Extra shirt. Leave all the stuff in the tote when you're out on the track. Tinted helmet visor or sunglasses. Thin soled shoes if you have a comfortable pair, for better feeling on the controls.

Have a great time!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Folding chair, tote box if you want to leave items out of your car, water, snacks. Stay hydrated if it's hot. Extra shirt. Leave all the stuff in the tote when you're out on the track. Tinted helmet visor or sunglasses. Thin soled shoes if you have a comfortable pair, for better feeling on the controls.

Have a great time!

For that you either need (1) to fill up your passenger side or (2) a support vehicle. :) I was thinking about this the other night in preparation for the local car shows. Ain't no way a quad chair is going to fit in the front. I either get a chair or the boss. Chair is winning because she probably won't wan the camera and tripod in her lap. :) Even the Cobra had more luggage space.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I bring a small ice chest, folding chair, gear bag with Hans & helmet, personal bag, tools, tire temp gauge, air gauge & a few other items in the passenger seat & floor. My laptop, SCT tool, etc go behind my seat. I have room left in the front for towels, water spray bottle, etc. I leave the wife at home.

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Special Ed. I think it's the other way around - she leaves you to go shopping. Very funny comments StormKitty and Blake.

Everyone here has given you good advice.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Ain't no way a quad chair is going to fit in the front

There was a recent thread about a folding chair that fits up front, although it may mean everything else needed will have to go in the passenger seat.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
WalMart, $5, different colors. No arms or anything, but fits great in trunk and doesn't take up the whole trunk.