Multimatic Tour 2022

Durward1

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2011
South Dakota
Which airport did you fly into (was it Lester B. Pearson International Airport), and does anyone have a hotel recommendation convenient in proximity to either Airport or Multimatic Factory? Thanks in advance for any additional travel tips!
My son and I stayed at the Hilton suites, Markham. Its 45 mins drive from the Pearson airport, but 5mins from factory. Car rental is on site at the airport.
The COVID testing site we used was at a Shoppers Drug Mart close to the hotel too, cost $35 I think.

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good to know, thanks for the insight Durward! And the COVID testing info too is appreciated. I'm going to update my TSA beforehand also.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Boys, if you’re coming all this way why not also get a proper taste of Toronto . Multimatic is a 35 minute Uber ride from Downtown Toronto. Markham Ontario is let’s say “ limited” other than Multimatic... Imho of course.
Pearson Airport is pretty well the only airport you’ll be able to use. The island airport is an option for pretty well only those who travel the eastern seabord.
That said for accommodations check out Hilton Toronto at 145 Richmond Street west or the Marriott‘s Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel at 123 Queen Street west.

Reactions: JWZ

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Excellent, and thanks for the tip Shesgotlegs. I will look into Toronto hotels, as it sounds like there is plenty of time to get over to Multimatic from downtown.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
We stayed at the Fairmont Royal Oak in central Toronto and had a wonderful time in the city and waterfront.

Rented a car for the half day trip to Markham where the factory tour and authentic Chinese restaurant were the highlight.

Great experience!

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
We go June 13th to visit the plant. Can not wait to see the car....

Does anyone have a guess as to how soon after the visit does the car get delivered?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
We stayed downtown at the Marriott for our tour. BTW, if you are ‘cultured’ Toronto has the second biggest theatre district in North America after Broadway. Always lots of good shows to see

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Toronto is a LOT of fun, especially when a local is willing to take the time for a dinner...... We even got stuck there an extra day, and missed the AFC championship game because of it (snowed in, stuck in Toronto)

Any hockey fans? The hall of fame it there (and awesome....)

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
We go June 13th to visit the plant. Can not wait to see the car....

Does anyone have a guess as to how soon after the visit does the car get delivered?
It depends on what manufacturing stage your car is when you visit but it won’t be long. You will hear from concierge soon. This is the best part of the long process. Enjoy the entire experience.

Reactions: GT Venum

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Going next week. Staying in the City. Love to hear of any stellar dining experiences.

Durward1

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2011
South Dakota
Going next week. Staying in the City. Love to hear of any stellar dining experiences.
A local Torontonian took my son and I to Scaramouche. Absolutely sensational food at a reasonable price.

Reactions: Chris A.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
We went in April of ‘18. Booked Ritz Carlton Hotel in downtown Toronto. Lots to see & do! Had an awesome Italian meal at a mom n Pop place nearby Hotel. Markham is primarily an industrial area. Enjoyed downtown! Went to Canadian Niagara Falls- impressive! Took in a lil history from British side re: American Revolution. Yes- we still won! Lol! A7E02098-F7D8-48EE-85F7-AC56B1D0E0BC.jpegBD90D0EA-6914-49C2-83D6-4C77945C873E.jpeg

4AB37239-1A34-4E87-9D08-68984B45CECE.jpeg
BD90D0EA-6914-49C2-83D6-4C77945C873E.jpeg7F06F06F-C190-45E5-9BDD-B463AF6893BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris A.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Me, Indy, Big Inch and Spaceman all flew into Buffalo and I rented a van and drove 2 hours to Toronto. I don't know what was going on there, but most of the fancy hotels were booked and we stayed at a Holiday Inn in downtown Toronto. Just down the block from Gretsky's bar, a great place to eat and drink. Did the Markham tour. Had dinner with Shesgotlegs a couple times. Did signtseeing and had a great time. We did go to the downtown beach as well. If you can get Canadian money before you go will help, otherwise change at the hotel. We drove back to Buffalo and flew home.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We went at the end of July and begining of August. Weather was excellent Everybody walks downtown. Very hard to park.

Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
We spent so much money on the GT, we couldn’t afford a window on the plane ride up!
996EDDB9-C90B-4DE3-B35A-28E8362110B8.jpeg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Had a great tour with Pearce in early August. Stayed at the W Toronto hotel. Lots of places to eat, was an enjoyable family trip and tour.

Vending machine is at the W hotel, not at the Multimatic assembly plant, just fyi.

MM.jpgMM2.jpgMM3.jpg

Reactions: PilotMarky