Modifications Done

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
saber said:
I have had my share of "tuners" that were operating "above" their experience level, hence, I researched Ida Performance before I brought my GT there for upgrades. Bob Ida has been doing supercharged cars since the 60's, and in fact is in the hard covered book " The History Of Supercharged Gasses". He is also on the cover of " How to Tune Accel Fuel Injection", the A/F on my car is averaging 12.5 to 1.

justdynoairfuel6iu.png

I have attached the photo of the Air foil / stiffer. Its made from hand formed aluminum by Rob Ida.

airfoil3zh.png

It's hard for me to comment on these things since I'm a business and don't wan't to come off wrong, but your car is way too lean. It looks to be 13:1 for a large part of the pull. Even 12.5:1 is too lean.

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
Ken,
It is never past 12.5 and for most of the range (at higher rpm) it is below. I post the information for reference to other owners so they can evalute when they have work done. I promise I will let the forum know right away if I blow my engine.

regards Chris

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
saber said:
Ken,
It is never past 12.5 and for most of the range (at higher rpm) it is below. I post the information for reference to other owners so they can evalute when they have work done. I promise I will let the forum know right away if I blow my engine.

regards Chris

Chris,

I'm glad you're not taking my comments the wrong way. I'm only interested in discussing these things because it's what I live and breath. It just so happens that I own a business in this field also. It looks like from 60mph to about 130, it's hovering around 13:1. I think these cars need to be at 12:1 or richer. Especially for those of you doing high speed highway type runs.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
KenBMD,

You are making the same "innocent" mistake that I did. There is no A/F data posted on the graphs supplied. We have HP/Torque on the large graph and then we have boost pressure and rpm/mph plotted in the others. There is no A/F data shown.

Saber has stated that his car is averaging about 12.25:1. IMO, that's an OK number if you have good engine management that your confident in and you have a tail on that curve that heads slightly South instead of North in the higher rpm/boost range.

Saber, again, thanks for sharing. As I said, I hope others doing similar mods will share their data too. This will only help all of us to achieve the best possible tune. That said, perhaps the single most important data point is A/F and it also gives the tuner credibility and "bragging rights" on their tuning prowess. It would be great if we can get an A/F curve along with each dyno plot.

Last edited:

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
KenBMD said:
Chris,

I'm glad you're not taking my comments the wrong way. I'm only interested in discussing these things because it's what I live and breath. It just so happens that I own a business in this field also. It looks like from 60mph to about 130, it's hovering around 13:1. I think these cars need to be at 12:1 or richer. Especially for those of you doing high speed highway type runs.

Look at the correct graph which was posted in a later post.

Dave

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
nota4re said:
KenBMD,

You are making the same "innocent" mistake that I did. There is no A/F data posted on the graphs supplied. We have HP/Torque on the large graph and then we have boost pressure and rpm/mph plotted in the others. There is no A/F data shown.

Saber has stated that his car is averaging about 12.25:1. IMO, that's an OK number if you have good engine management that your confident in and you have a tail on that curve that heads slightly South instead of North in the higher rpm/boost range.

Saber, again, thanks for sharing. As I said, I hope others doing similar mods will share their data too. This will only help all of us to achieve the best possible tune. That said, perhaps the single most important data point is A/F and it also gives the tuner credibility and "bragging rights" on their tuning prowess. It would be great if we can get an A/F curve along with each dyno plot.
nota4re,
To be fair to Ken, I did post the entire a/f graph in a later post but removed it because I thought it might be unfair to the tuner and his time spent tuning. Basically, it hovers around 12.25 at the higher RPMs. Remember, I went with very moderate boast to begin with.

Last edited:

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
What pulley size did you use?
-W

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC