Modded FORD GT 10.4 @ 144mph VIDEO!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
QKSTNG514 said:
I The shift from first to second was where you see it slip just s bit but the tires grabbed excellent and I went thru the traps at the top of 3rd gear!!!

the top of 3rd gear = 145 mph! wow!! you must have been well over 6,500 rpm's? your rev limiter must be set at 7,000 rpm's?? i see that the rear tires you were runnin were rather tall. they look to be at least 29 inches tall if not close to 30 inches. so i am guessing with that tall of a tire you were probably crossing the finish line at 6,750 rpm's :thumbsup

Last edited:

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Ford GT

Trap RPM was exactly 7000. I hit the rev limiter as I pushed in the clutch.. Funny thing is I actually reached for the chute lever since I am accustomed to grabbing it in my BBF car.. LOLOL The brakes stopped it with ease!!

Those are original 2000 Cobra R rims on the back.. It wil have them all the way around next week!

Tony G
HP Performance Inc.
329 Parkridge Ave
Suite 6
Orange Parl FL 32065
904-276-7223

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Do you think that there will be any issues with the 18" wheels in the rear.

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Ford GT

The rims you see on it in the video are 18X9.5's and they fit perfectly.. Brakes clear with ease...

Tony G
HP Performance Inc.
329 Parkridge Ave
Suite 6
Orange Park FL 32065
904-276-7223

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
QKSTNG514 said:
The rims you see on it in the video are 18X9.5's and they fit perfectly.. Brakes clear with ease...

Tony G
HP Performance Inc.
329 Parkridge Ave
Suite 6
Orange Park FL 32065
904-276-7223

What size rears???

Thanks

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
The Rears Were 305 Nittos 18 Inch Rim (cobra R)

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
piko6 said:
The Rears Were 305 Nittos 18 Inch Rim (cobra R)

Cool... thanks, gotta try that;-)

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Hello, I am new to this site. I'm the Tech Director for Fun Ford Weekend www.funfordevents.com

I know Tony and his lovely wife Sherry quite well. The 10.44 run was at the FFW Spring Break Shootout at Orlando Speed World drag strip. I knew that Tony would be able to run quicker than 11.49 (and had no roll bar) from the git-go but I also knew that he (or Sherry) are more than competant behind the wheel. Anyway, FFW is an "approved sanctioning body" with SFI, as are NHRA or IHRA, and as such, we can "make up" our own safety rules as we see fit, at least to some extent. Normally, we follow the guidelines of the facility where we are running the event, in this case that would have been NHRA. I am in the process of getting a "special waiver form" for GT's at FFW events, so in the future, we won't need to shut a GT entusiast down as long as he is running 10.00 second ET's or slower, like I had to do with Tony. I really didn't want to get in the way of Tony or the GT owner from having a good time. That's what it's all about anyway.

Of course, I have an ulterior motive too. Accufab also has a customer's GT at our disposal that we have been "messing" around with. We are punching out 700+ at the rear tires and it too will run mid 10's. If you are interested, I will fill you in as to what we have done to the thing and what we are GOING to be doing to it, such as the new throttle body, blower overdrive unit (not just pulleys), etc. We just developed a new insert that fits inside the hose between the throttle body and the air inlet. Did you know that with the higher boost, the rubber inlet collapses down? Unless you were looking into the engine compartment at 6000 RPM you might never notice this. We will be offeing this plastic insert very soon. Anyway, this is a great site and we are happy to be on board with you guys. If you want to take a look at our site it's www.accufabracing.com

We have the worlds fastest and quickest mod motor drag car in existence.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
Accufab said:
If you are interested, I will fill you in as to what we have done to the thing and what we are GOING to be doing to it.

uh.....of course we'd like to know. Start a thread.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Accufab1

I see you found the "Forum"...
Don

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Yes Don, thanks for telling me about it. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will fill everyone in on the mods that we dished out on the GT that we have at our disposal.

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
As promised yesterday, here are the modifications we made to our customer's GT, so far. First, this is a street car, not a race car. Nothing we have done in anyway infringes on it's streetability or driving comfort.

The first order of business was to put the GT on the chassis dyno (at Westech Performance, almost next door to our facility) and find out where we were starting from. The HP was 550 at 6400 RPM, pretty much as advertised.

We mounted an all-billet supercharger overdrive unit on the front of the blower. This increased the boost from the OEM 12# up to 18#. Obviously we could have gone higher but the customer lives here in California and our gasoline is a little iffy with higher cylinder pressure. Next, we bolted on our new (not yet in full production) dual-inlet 75MM throttle body in place of the OEM 70MM unit. Even with the stock blower ratio and OEM TB, we noticed that the hose in front of the TB (the black corrogated unit going from the air inlet to the TB) would collapse at 6000 RPM from too much vacume. This is not easy to see since we had to have the car running at full throttle on the rollers with the hood tilted up, leaning over the engine (almost life threatening in itself, LOL). We spent $14,000 having a mold made so that we can duplicate the plastic sleeve we used that fits tightly on the inside of the hose. This problem vanished. Next, we added the Borla exhaust and finally, we played around on the computer with the SCT flash system to come up with a reasonable "street" tune-up. The HP went up to 710 at 6500 RPM with these mods.

Motor Trend magazine used this GT to do some standing 1-mile tests, with about 7 or 8 other "super cars". In OEM trim, the stock GT did the standing mile at 171 MPH (no ET's). Our customers GT, and after the mods, 194 MPH. At the end of the day, after all of thetestes, only two cars were still standing. Our customer's GT and a Hennessy Viper. The Viper was an all-out twin turbo RACE car with race tires, lightweight body components, full roll cage, etc. It did run over 200 in the mile. The GT was totally street legal, with OEM tires, stock clutch, etc. Hell, during these M-T tests, when we took a break, we drove it over to the resturant and had lunch about 20-miles from the test facility. The furthest that the Viper went was back in the trailer.

Anyway, we will be offering these modifications in some kind of a kit some time soon, or folks can just get what they want seperately.

Our customer is an adventurous guy. We just picked up another GT block and crank for him and we are going to go "twin turbo" on this engine. It seems that he wants to hunt up a certain Hennesse Viper. We are looking for a straigh 1000 HP on the chassis dyno for this street GT.

BTW, talking about horsepower, in our Cougar Pro 5.0 car, the twin turbo 4.6L 4-valve Cobra motor (281 cubic inches) is putting out over 1800 HP at 9200 RPM on the engine dyno, on gasoline, and at "only" 45 pounds of boost, LOL. That's about 6.4 horse per cubic inch.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Race car?

Nice job on the Ford GT. Fastest yet by a long shot.

Mar 15, 2006
Accufab said:
At the end of the day, after all of thetestes, only two cars were still standing. Our customer's GT and a Hennessy Viper. The Viper was an all-out twin turbo RACE car with race tires, lightweight body components, full roll cage, etc. It did run over 200 in the mile. The GT was totally street legal, with OEM tires, stock clutch, etc. Hell, during these M-T tests, when we took a break, we drove it over to the resturant and had lunch about 20-miles from the test facility. The furthest that the Viper went was back in the trailer.

Anyway, we will be offering these modifications in some kind of a kit some time soon, or folks can just get what they want seperately.

Our customer is an adventurous guy. We just picked up another GT block and crank for him and we are going to go "twin turbo" on this engine. It seems that he wants to hunt up a certain Hennesse Viper. We are looking for a straigh 1000 HP on the chassis dyno for this street GT.

The Viper that beat you by 24 mph in the mile and 20 mph in the 1/4 mile is a total street car. No carbon fiber anything (it weighed about 40 lbs more than the GT at the weigh in). The Viper has no roll bar or rollcage. It also has AC, stereo, factory interior, etc. Its just way faster than the car you brought. Your GT did great and was a kick ass car so there is no need to make up stories about another car at the test that just happened to be quicker, faster, more powerful, better braking, etc. The Viper can be driven anywhere or any distance. It was moved around in the trailer to keep nails out of the tires - probably a good idea when you are going way over 200 mph. And we beat you in just about every event on street tires not race tires. We did run drag radials on the last test as that option was offered to us as well as you. Why didnt you get a pair of front wheels and put some nitto drag radials on them and bring them out? Why did you trailer your GT from Socal to and from the test location over 600 miles? Because you are a smart guy and dont want to get a screw in your tire either.

OK, now that we have straightened out some of the facts that you forgot about or were not aware of, let me say how great your car was. A modded GT is a killer car. It runs great, was super fast and always looks the best.

Good luck on your 1000 hp GT and when you are ready to come hunting for me I will try to be wearing my cammo!

John

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Discussion is welcome, let's all just watch ourselves and keep it friendly please. :cheers

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
That was amazingly friendly. These Super GT's are going to be a blast. I'm not sure most of you know what is about to happen to the GT, its performance and its place in the supercar food chain. It is about to get real interesting.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
CHAD said:
That was amazingly friendly.

It was. Just reminding everyone because I'm sure you know how fast this shit can degenerate. :lol

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Accufab said:
Even with the stock blower ratio and OEM TB, we noticed that the hose in front of the TB (the black corrogated unit going from the air inlet to the TB) would collapse at 6000 RPM from too much vacume. This is not easy to see since we had to have the car running at full throttle on the rollers with the hood tilted up, leaning over the engine (almost life threatening in itself, LOL). We spent $14,000 having a mold made so that we can duplicate the plastic sleeve we used that fits tightly on the inside of the hose. This problem vanished.

I'm not sure this approach makes sense to me. If the tube is collapsing due to excessive vacuum, wouldn't it make alot more sense to open up the intake track to relieve the vacuum condition thus making more horsepower?

The only reason there would be a vacuum in the inlet pipe would be due to a restriction in either the MAF or the airbox. Obivously your approach is better than nothing, but I would think that if I was going to spend $14,000 on product development, it would be to improve the airbox (since that seems to be the problem).

Thanks for the detailed post, I'm looking forward to installing the KB front drive kit soon. Any idea when the throttle body will be released?

Ken

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Ken, you may be right, however, a "fix" that will cost a customer around $100 or so to correct (when we sell the darn things) is a better solution (for us) than in trying to redesign the entire intake system. We were not trying to re-engineer the car, just come up with a pragmatic fix.

As to the modifications on the Viper, I should have known better than to take someone elses word for what was done to it or not, LOL. I take it all back. But there is no denying that the Viper was set up "to race" and the GT was set up to drive around town. No problem, we now know better and we will be "more armed" the next time.

Mar 15, 2006
Accufab said:
Ken, you may be right, however, a "fix" that will cost a customer around $100 or so to correct (when we sell the darn things) is a better solution (for us) than in trying to redesign the entire intake system. We were not trying to re-engineer the car, just come up with a pragmatic fix.

As to the modifications on the Viper, I should have known better than to take someone elses word for what was done to it or not, LOL. I take it all back. But there is no denying that the Viper was set up "to race" and the GT was set up to drive around town. No problem, we now know better and we will be "more armed" the next time.

ha ha - well ok, the Viper was set up to do its best to win. I am sure you will step up your customers GT to a new level sooner or later too. Have fun!