Modded FORD GT 10.4 @ 144mph VIDEO!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Dang! Went and got the popcorn and pulled up a good seat and just before you know it....butts have been sniffed and tails are wagg'n! :biggrin LOL

Those Vipers have a bunch of cubes and have been tweeked for lots of years. We've gots some R&D to do!

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
I don't know if this is the right section to bring this up but as long as I'm on it, here goes. What if Fun Ford Weekend had a "GT Round-up" or something to that effect at one of the FFW events? We did this once before with the Mercury Marauders and "rounded-up" about 65 of 'em, from all over the country. I had the Marauder Project manager come in from Dearborn and speak to the group. We had a special parking area in the pits (this was at the Texas Motorplex in Dallas, TX), made a parade lap in front of the crowd, had anyone that wanted to run their cars in competition, etc. Made a big deal about it and had alot of magazine coverage. FFW is sponsored buy FoMoCo of course, including the folks at Ford Racing. FFW is a national Ford drag race and car show series with 12 events in 2006 (the first one was at Orlando a couple of weeks ago, the one where Tony ran the 10.44). The schedule is up on the FFW website, which is www.funfordevents.com. In fact, the event at the Texas Motorplex in Dallas might even be the right location for the shindig (Sept. 15, 16, and 17). Gives everyone time to make plans, etc. Anyway, this is just a thought. We would use this site as a "message center" or whatever if the site owners don't object.

Pipelion

Accufab,

The owners are planning a double factory tour and get together just before 'dream cruise'( or what ever you call every hot car driving around on Woodward Ave.) in Detroit. I got stuck on Woodward by accident one day, and was thinking "gee, sure are alot of cool cars" :biggrin :biggrin

Woodward Ave. is the oldest paved road in the world. (not including Roman rocks).

Allan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Pipelion said:
Woodward Ave. is the oldest paved road in the world. (not including Roman rocks).

Allan

.... if your world view is limited to US soil, maybe, but, better not go there - this is the GT world forum ....!

Pipelion

Stephan,

Don't go getting sensitive on me bud. I know enough about you to know you've experianced more America than most Americans.

On speed channel that was a multiple choice question, they said it I didn't. I did guess Woodward though, out of thier choices.

If you know of an earlier paving, please tell me. Always like to learn.

Take care you Italian you. :biggrin :biggrin

Allan

Last edited:

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Gt

Welcome to the board George!!!

We really had a blast at the FFW event!!

The Texas deal would be awesome!!

Keep in touch!!

Tony G

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Piper,

no sweat... All sweeet here..
One road is in Germany. From Colonia to Aachen. I think 1100 a.d. or so. Was a trading route at times. Don't remember the name though.

cheers

stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
QKSTNG514 said:
Welcome to the board George!!!

We really had a blast at the FFW event!!

The Texas deal would be awesome!!

Keep in touch!!

Tony G
Hey Tony !

how is things ? Progress with clutch and any progress so far vs the 10.4 1/4mile time with Piko's monster GT?

ciao

Stefan

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
KenBMD said:
I'm not sure this approach makes sense to me. If the tube is collapsing due to excessive vacuum, wouldn't it make alot more sense to open up the intake track to relieve the vacuum condition thus making more horsepower?

The only reason there would be a vacuum in the inlet pipe would be due to a restriction in either the MAF or the airbox. Obivously your approach is better than nothing, but I would think that if I was going to spend $14,000 on product development, it would be to improve the airbox (since that seems to be the problem).

Thanks for the detailed post, I'm looking forward to installing the KB front drive kit soon. Any idea when the throttle body will be released?

Ken
Ken,
Your are right, I just had my car modified and I will post all the details in a new post but the air box inlets are too small as well as the clam shell hood scoops. There is also vents/air that is allowed to enter the intake from the engine room!!! That is why the rubber hoses are shrinking under high RPMs/boast.