Miami Runway Event - Sunday, March 14th

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
Hi Ford GT gang! Hope you guys are all doing great! :cheers

Wanted to drop by and let you guys know that there is a mile-race format event going on at the now famous Miami Dade Collier Runway on March 14th!

The event is organized by TopGunRun and is set up to be a very affordable and fun day out to enjoy speed! For some of you this might be a good 'training ground' before going to Texas Mile, for others just a good opportunity for some safe speeding!

Pricing like I said is very affordable and is as follows:

Basic - one car and driver - $150
Full - one car and driver - $200

Each additional person/passenger $50.

Add another $50 if you chose to pay at the gate the day of the event.
More details and to sign up please visit - www.topgunrun.com.

Hope to see a good Ford GT turnout there to dominate the top speed records as always! :thumbsup

This will be part of the Miami Trip I'm putting together for my club from NY and we will be shipping a bunch of cars down for the weekend and they'll all be at the runway!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hi Ford GT gang! Hope you guys are all doing great! :cheers

Wanted to drop by and let you guys know that there is a mile-race format event going on at the now famous Miami Dade Collier Runway on March 14th!

The event is organized by TopGunRun and is set up to be a very affordable and fun day out to enjoy speed! For some of you this might be a good 'training ground' before going to Texas Mile, for others just a good opportunity for some safe speeding!

Pricing like I said is very affordable and is as follows:

Basic - one car and driver - $150
Full - one car and driver - $200

Each additional person/passenger $50.

Add another $50 if you chose to pay at the gate the day of the event.
More details and to sign up please visit - www.topgunrun.com.

Hope to see a good Ford GT turnout there to dominate the top speed records as always! :thumbsup

This will be part of the Miami Trip I'm putting together for my club from NY and we will be shipping a bunch of cars down for the weekend and they'll all be at the runway!

Hovik,
Did you guys change your original date ? I thought you were running in April ?

Hovik

Oct 15, 2006
Hovik,
Did you guys change your original date ? I thought you were running in April ?

Hi! This is not the same event as the one in April. PM sent. :thumbsup

zgt

Sep 19, 2009
Is there a specific meeting time or place for a possible caravan on the Tamiami trail? Possibly the Miccosukee resort and gaming parking lot?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Just got home after a short visit to the Strip. Some very fast times were posted by our guys. Before I left a white GT ran 231 mph:thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Just got home after a short visit to the Strip. Some very fast times were posted by our guys. Before I left a white GT ran 231 mph:thumbsup

i assume that was done on a track length in excess of 1 mile in distance? i heard that they were gonna let cars run up to 1.5 miles in distance in the afteroon? what mods did the white car have and what distance did he run 231 mph in?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Freddy,
It was at the mile length with a very good tailwind. Car has a TwinT setup. Remember the video of the guy claiming his car had/or was going to have 3000hp? It is those guys. When Stormcat gets back he might remember their shops name-- It escapes me at the moment.

Almost forgot- they said they were going to spray the next time around!!

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Freddy,
It was at the mile length with a very good tailwind. Car has a TwinT setup. Remember the video of the guy claiming his car had/or was going to have 3000hp? It is those guys. When Stormcat gets back he might remember their shops name-- It escapes me at the moment.

Almost forgot- they said they were going to spray the next time around!!

i know who these guys are :thumbsup i bet they hit 7,000+ rpm's in 5th gear :bow

that shift to 6th gear in the mile is gonna be a real speed killer for anybody trying to exceed this mph in the mile. unless of course you re-gear the car......

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
I have just been told that Torrie had an "awesome" run in the plus 220 mph range

We are happy for you Torrie

All the best

Shadowman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I have just been told that Torrie had an "awesome" run in the plus 220 mph range

We are happy for you Torrie

All the best

Shadowman

Heck yeah!-- Outstanding!!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I heard that there was a TT GT that ran 253!!!! WOW!!

Congrats Torrie. Your run is SO AWESOME for a car that works on the street. Do want!!!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Anyone has pix and vids? how long did they actually set up the track in the afternoon, 1.5 mile or 1.25 mile? These reported speed sound wild!! Very nice!!

GTED

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats to Torrie as well! :thumbsup

253 is a BIG number. I need to see the proof and distance run please.

Oh yeah, and a pic of the brakes glowing hot orange. That would be cool as well.

zgt

Sep 19, 2009
It's true, they did in fact run 253 mph and in 1 mile. They had a parachute but don’t think they used it.

zgt

Sep 19, 2009
Torrie had some great runs and so did the other ford GT’s, clearly dominating the day. It was great meeting all of you.

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005
It's also posted on: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/florida/202385-runway-event-miami-march-14th-3.html
"New record broken by Performance Power's 1800hp Ford GT TT - 253mph!!"

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
We ran the mile for most of the day. They opened it up to 1.25 Miles but it was very late in the day and only a few guys ran that distance. Everything that has been posted has been related to the measured mile runs

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
bye bye Supra and Lambo......

America is #1 in the mile again :usa

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
bye bye Supra and Lambo......:tongue

America is #1 again in the mile :usa

:thumbsup.....:biggrin All the GT's ran strong.. My little ol' pulley and tune car ran 195 mph and some change. Camilo ran in the 189-190 mph range..:thumbsup

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
We ran the mile for most of the day. They opened it up to 1.25 Miles but it was very late in the day and only a few guys ran that distance. Everything that has been posted has been related to the measured mile runs

Awe inspiring. That GT that ran 253 must be a beast to behold!! :thumbsup
:cheers