Mecum Phoenix

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
The event was held but it appeared that only the bidders were allowed in as the arena was empty. If you have it recorded lot S117 was the sale of Bourdeas competition GT. The entire auction conversations and negotiations were recorded between Frank and Sebastian and was quite interesting and enlightening on the auction circus.

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Interesting interaction between the Mecum representative and Sebastian. https://www.nbcsports.com/video/sebastien-bourdais-sells-2017-ford-gt-comp-edition-1000000

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
The event was held but it appeared that only the bidders were allowed in as the arena was empty. If you have it recorded lot S117 was the sale of Bourdeas competition GT. The entire auction conversations and negotiations were recorded between Frank and Sebastian and was quite interesting and enlightening on the auction circus.

Yeah I watched it and Frank clearly talked him into selling it. Sebastien should of told him NO THANKS!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Covid 19 impact? (People stayed home)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Looks like $1.1m

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
At one point the bid was 950K and they offered S.B. 1M all in. He said he wanted to cleat at least 1,00,050 not sure what he walked out with but seems like a good buy for owner history and rare car.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think of the few cars with stories that are actually worth caring about, this was clearly one. The car would have done much better at Barrett Jackson regardless of extraneous circumstances IMO, and it was a decent buy for the owner. My opinion is that that was a pretty embarrassing way to handle it, but it's no surprise given the venue.

This is the son of Le Mans who won the 24 Hour race in the car, and he has a near-unicorn specialty edition spec built in a volume that you can count on your fingers. If you're buying a collector's piece, you could do a lot worse than that. That's a car I would have loved to have.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Covid 19 impact? (People stayed home)
And stock market crashing. Not a good time to sell.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
He got robbed by the Mecums because they were talking him into selling for their commission! Terrible venue for a Ford GT sale! That GT was worth more and he should have pulled it out! No buyers!

Reactions: GKW05GT and LMF427

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Unfortunate , really poor timing! Stock market tanking, virus spreading, no one at the auction! I also wonder if no A/C hurt the sale. I believe few were sold for this reason and the reason for the CF edition.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I think this is a rare collection car with provenance not a driver. Lack of AC should not be a factor in purchase. Great long term investment. IMO