Mecum Dallas Auction

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
White sold for $131,000

69 L88 Vette sold for $562,500 (all original, including paint)!

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
The white / blue GT hammered for $131K w/o buyer's premium. Assuming the premium is 10%, that brings it to the $143K range.

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
Funny quick story......The Mecum crew was getting the silver/black GT ready to be 'towed' to the stage via golf cart. There was a guy desperately trying to get the tow hook in. I watched him for a minute cursing all to he'll, so I stooped down and said, "it is reverse threaded.......I have one of these.". It went right in and he enthusiastically thanked me.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I should have went to Dallas this weekend, that is cheap.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"...it is reverse threaded......."

Just what the heck was reason for that? 'Anybody know???

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Ford did that just to see if you noticed!

My guess is that things with left hand threads tend to stay where they belong, as they can't be used too many places.

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
The silver / black GT hammered for $140K. It was a very nice car. The owner said be loved the car but just never drove it. He said he was thinking of giving up cars and buying pianos instead.

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
Had I been looking to buy, I would not have bid on the blue/white car. It looked like it had had not lived a pampered life. I would have gone for the silver/black.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Had I been looking to buy, I would not have bid on the blue/white car. It looked like it had had not lived a pampered life. I would have gone for the silver/black.

So would have Al Davis, may he RIP.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
My guess is that things with left hand threads tend to stay where they belong, as they can't be used too many places.

It's been my experience that some people will steal anything simply because it's there...even if it's locked or welded in place. Anyway, since the whole car can be stolen, I doubt the "anti-theft" aspect was a factor.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Funny quick story......The Mecum crew was getting the silver/black GT ready to be 'towed' to the stage via golf cart. There was a guy desperately trying to get the tow hook in. I watched him for a minute cursing all to he'll, so I stooped down and said, "it is reverse threaded.......I have one of these.". It went right in and he enthusiastically thanked me.

That's hilarious. He might still be there or worse yet tried something creative.

H

HHGT

Just what the heck was reason for that? 'Anybody know???

Apple designed them.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It's been my experience that some people will steal anything simply because it's there...even if it's locked or welded in place. Anyway, since the whole car can be stolen, I doubt the "anti-theft" aspect was a factor.

I am guessing Jeff meant the owner was unlikely to misplace it if indeed it could not be used elsewhere.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Apple designed them.

Trust you to drag that outfit into it!

I am guessing Jeff meant the owner was unlikely to misplace it if indeed it could not be used elsewhere.

Naaaaaaah. Why would one haul it off to some distant place instead of putting it in its proper place in the boot? :shrug

Sherlock Pockets

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Naaaaaaah. Why would one haul it off to some distant place instead of putting it in its proper place in the boot? :shrug

Sherlock Pockets

Because if it fit in your cherry picker or 4 post lift or on the boat trailer you just drug home, you might take and use it there and forget about it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Because if it fit in your cherry picker or 4 post lift or on the boat trailer you just drug home, you might take and use it there and forget about it.

Which of those would be likely to have a left-threaded anything! :biggrin

Well, unless one resided in England, of course! :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Which of those would be likely to have a left-threaded anything! :biggrin
:lol

I think you made my point! :biggrin

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Buyers commission is 6% on the 2 sold cars.

DantheMan

Sep 6, 2011
Ocala FL
White sold for 131k and the Gray sold for 140