McQueen

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Dr. Atomic, please send me an invite to the next block party.

Absolutemonte Monsieur!

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
Ever seen him in a Mustang Commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZzXHq7gKN8

MrCrown

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2011
Germany, Wuppertal
Great pictures and links. Nobody will ever achieve his coolness.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Sheryl Crow Steve McQueen video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlywcuw-1TU

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My Number 1 Main Man. A Great video and song! I had a chance to meet him in the 60's when he took delivery of his 289 Cobra while filming a movie in Bay City, Texas set up by Carroll Shelby. He was the coolest guy I've ever met. He was so wild while filming in Texas the local sheriff had his cobra chained to an oak tree on the Court House square because he was racing every kid in town while there. He just laughed about it. Tomy Hamon

Last edited:

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
My Number 1 Main Man. A Great video and song! I had a chance to meet him in the 60's when he took delivery of his 289 Cobra while filming a movie in Bay City, Texas set up by Carroll Shelby. He was the coolest guy I've ever met. He was so wild while filming in Texas the local sheriff had his cobra chained to an oak tree on the Court House square because he was racing every kid in town while there. He just laughed about it. Tomy Hamon

Cool story! I can't imagine a celebrity doing things like that today. In our pampered society he would be crucified in the media.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Porsche 911 that Steve McQueen drove in the opening of LeMans sold at the RM Monterey auction for 1.375,000. See here:

http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=MO11&CarID=r105&Currency=USD

and lot 148

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Always was and is one of my favorite actors, I remember seeing him in "On Any Sunday" too

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The Porsche 911 that Steve McQueen drove in the opening of LeMans sold at the RM Monterey auction for 1.375,000.

Okay...I'll probably be flamed for saying this, but, I just don't understand why one would even entertain the thought of paying $1.375 mil for what's darn little more than a std '70 911S let alone pulling the trigger, I don't care who's butt sat in the driver's seat. I just don't 'get' why someone would feel compelled to do it. Set this car beside an identical one that's been equally maintained and I defy anyone to tell the difference. Yeah, I know that's not the point, but, I think you can see mine.

Clueless Pockets

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Coolest actor Hollywood ever saw though Paul Newman ran neck and neck. If Mcqueen were alive today, there is no doubt he would have a Ford GT and be at the rallies.

Stu

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
We used to debate what running gear that Bullet Mustang was running. Everyone thought '427' , turns out it was a 390 with a four barrel.