Matech LMGT will race at Le Mans 2011 onwards

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Apologies for the cross post - not sure where this should go...

Just thought you might like to know that Matech Concepts has decided to build up to 10 brand new race cars purpose built for endurance racing in the Le Mans series, and which includes LMS, American Le Mans Series, Asia Le Mans Series, and of course the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Matech Concepts have been working on the plans for this since the ACO announcement in June about the changes to GT1 and GT2 regulations.

Here is a copy of the press release on the Matech Concepts website:
Matech to produce Ford LMGT for Endurance Racing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following the announcement by the ACO on the 10th June, 2010 that there will be no LMGT1 category at Le Mans in 2011, Matech Concepts confirms a new programme to continue the evolution of the Matech Ford GT.

A limited series of up to 10 Matech Ford LMGT race cars will be built to the new ACO LMGT Endurance Category regulations and eligible to compete in Le Mans Series, American Le Mans Series and Asia Le Mans Series in addition to the 24 hours of Le Mans from 2011.

Delivery to customers will be available by end of 2010.

Matech Concepts’ President, Martin Bartek said, “When I heard the news at Le Mans that this would be the last year of GT1 cars racing in the 24 hours, my heart sank for a moment as this was the first year when the Ford GTs returned to Le Mans. But straight away, my mind was made up…we would build the Matech Ford LMGT car, purpose built for endurance racing, and incorporating everything we have learnt through our successes in GT3 and GT1. After meetings with the ACO and our technical partners, the highly successful FIA GT1 specification Matech Ford GT1 will be adapted to the new regulations. Every component has been designed and tested for 24 hour racing and will be highly competitive against the established GT cars. I’m very excited that the Ford GT will continue to race at Le Mans where it truly belongs.”

On hearing the news about that Matech will produce an endurance version of the Ford GT, Vincent Beaumesnil, Sporting Director for the ACO said, “It is fantastic news that Matech will be producing the Matech Ford Le Mans GT car. With the GT1 category no longer in the Le Mans Series, it’s important that the GT Endurance category grows in both the number of entries, but more importantly the diversity of entries, so it’s great that Matech have decided to build a GT Endurance specification Ford GT. Many people I spoke with at Le Mans last month said how wonderful it was to see the Ford GTs running again on the most famous track, and I have to agree. It’s great news for the Le Mans Series and great news for the fans that the Ford GT will continue to race as an endurance car. Well done Matech!”

Details and specifications

Delivery: Starting December 2010
Aerodynamics: Single profile rear wing, closed flat bottom with front splitter and rear diffuser
Engine: Roush Yates 5.3L V8 normally aspirated, power output restricted to approx. 500bhp
Gear change: Paddle shift / Manual gear lever
Gear ratios: Free choice
ECU: Bosch with traction control
Fuel tank: 2011 ACO regulations
Brakes: Steel disc brakes
Wheels: 12 x 18 front, 13 x 18 rear
Tyres: Front: 30/65/R18, Rear 31/71/R18
Weight: 1200kg minimum weight
Cockpit: Air conditioning fitted

----------------------------------

Who wants to come and support us next year...our work on this starts straight away, as we want to make this even better than our VIP hospitality offering this year. With more planning, its going to be even more incredible !

Regards
Matech GT1

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I was pretty bummed I missed the fun in France, especially after seeing all the photos and hearing the stories. Ironically, I will be in France in a few weeks.
Will definitely be at the Matech tent supporting you guys next year !

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
That's great news. Congratulations and best of luck.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Great news!!!!!

GO MATECH!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Wonderful News.

Looking forward to your continued success.

Le Mans here I come in 2011.

GTRob

Feb 18, 2009
Great that we will continue to see the GT on the track. Hope you come up to Mosport in the future.
Wishing much success!

Oh by the way need a driver:biggrin

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Great. Good luck.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
sign me up to spectate in the pits in 2011

Jason and Bridget Stevens (possibly my 10 and 12 year olds too).

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
LeMans 2011 is already on my calendar! Look forward to seeing you there!

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Great news for us fans! Look forward to it, and wish the team and sponsors great success!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great news !! I would like to be there in 2011 !!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Steven - great news! Please congratulate Martin and the rest of the team for me. As a great philosopher once said... "when life gives you lemons (ie the cancellation of GT-1 class) just make some lemonade (ten (10) Matech GT-2 vehicles)"
AJB (ANDY)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great news from the Matech Team, I'm clearing my calendar for Le Mans 2011. First Class Organization. Go Blue. Tomy Hamon

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Best news I've heard today. Hope to see them in France next year. It was the trip of a lifetime!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Steven,

At the end of this season will the existing GT1 FGTs be turned into LMGT cars or will they be retired/sold? I hate being poor with a business that is currently sucking pond water! I would REALLY like to own a Matech GT. I've got to get my butt in gear and find something that works better than a Chevron Station during this great depression II. :willy

Chip

H

HHGT

Steven,

At the end of this season will the existing GT1 FGTs be turned into LMGT cars or will they be retired/sold? I hate being poor with a business that is currently sucking pond water! I would REALLY like to own a Matech GT. I've got to get my butt in gear and find something that works better than a Chevron Station during this great depression II. :willy

Chip

Chip. have you tried becoming a GIGOLO ? I tried but went broke !!!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip. have you tried becoming a GIGOLO ? I tried but went broke !!!!

Sam,

I did that for years. It was $5000 per month.................and I can't afford to pay that anymore.

Chip

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Steven,

Chip
I have written to you offline Chip.

willem

Ford GTX-1 Owner
Mar 22, 2009
The Netherlands
Yes I want to come and support you at next years events(aswell all other events) .count me in

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
Keep us informed

I love the sound of this, a pretty blue one for ALMS, sell it.