Matech Ford FIA GT1 Book sets - order confirmations

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Paid in full via bank electronic wire transfer....
ajb (andy)

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
i don't use paypal and sent pm for either an invoice i can pay as a guest or wiring instructions and will get my two sets paid asap. thanks for the hard work bud!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Paid

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Paid by Paypal.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I've been out of state for a while and off line. I'll Paypal right now. Thanks again Steven!!!

Chip

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
paid 2 sets

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Steven -- since many of the books are now becoming officially "Paid For" and ordered, can you give us a 'read' on the overall status?
--Are you close to having enough to make the order / go to the printers etc?
--What would the estimated timing be after the order is placed for us to receive them?

and..just a word of caution... we have done a lot of cool deliveries on the Ford GT Forum but have also run into a lot of 'Packaging problems"..ie the 4 foot Saleen fiberglass models were poorly crated and damaged, some of the early printed material if I recall
ended up being damaged/bent in transit...
Would not like to see this happen with these one-of-a-kind packages.!

Thanks...
Andy (ajb)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Steven -- since many of the books are now becoming officially "Paid For" and ordered, can you give us a 'read' on the overall status?
--Are you close to having enough to make the order / go to the printers etc?
--What would the estimated timing be after the order is placed for us to receive them?

and..just a word of caution... we have done a lot of cool deliveries on the Ford GT Forum but have also run into a lot of 'Packaging problems"..ie the 4 foot Saleen fiberglass models were poorly crated and damaged, some of the early printed material if I recall
ended up being damaged/bent in transit...
Would not like to see this happen with these one-of-a-kind packages.!

Thanks...
Andy (ajb)

Andy,

I'll be working with Steve and I can assure you the packaging will be most secure and you will be thrilled with the result. This project is an absolute go and I have paid the same amount as every other member. I'm going to ask a few others who have committed to PayPal so that most of the upfront expenses of this extensive project are handled as I don't want Steven to expand his limited funds to produce these 99 book sets for our members. I'll be keeping everyone posted about production and shipping and I can't wait to put the final result in my library. All the best

Chip

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
thanks Chip. Looking forward to receiving them.
andy (ajb)

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Just to update you all on the progress of this. Some of you have asked me on email how it's going, so to those guys apologies for reading the same info here. :)

The books are in print. The final proof copy of each book finally arrived on Monday, 3rd March. I had to make a change to book 1 to reflect the tragic passing of Ray Hofman, as there are a couple of images of Ray in the book from when he came to the race in Spain…plus some words about him buying the Matech 2009 car. I needed to tweak a couple of words.

Printing is now underway, and I go to collect them in person from Holland on Wednesday 12th March, 1pm GMT. The boxes are in manufacture but are taking longer than originally planned. While I am waiting for those, I will have my tiny apartment full of 700Kg of books waiting to be shipped out to you. Certificates of Limited Edition authenticity are done and signed by Jose, Thomas and myself. A couple of little extras are here and ready to add to the box. Bear with me guys. I’m itching for you all to get them, because I just know you’ll love them, and I know you'll give critical feedback on here, hopefully all positive :)

Any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to get in contact with me, either through here, or my personal email, whichever is your preference.

Thanks,
Steven

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
What is the difference between the 2 books?

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
I'm not sure what you mean? It is a three book set.
Book 1 - 440 pages, 13" x 11" landscape hardback - set up and build, official world launch, plus the 10 races from FIA GT1 World Championship 2010
Book 2 - 82 pages, 13" x 11" landscape hardback- CAD renders, Manufacture photos, Liveries, GT1 vs. Ford GT, Concept Art, Pit Garage Development
Book 3 - 84 pages, 8" x 10" portrait softback - Homologation documentation.

I made a tiny change to the proof copy of Book 1 to reflect Ray's passing.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Steven - thanks for all your effort on the books and the LeMans Crystals...
Looking forward to receiving them all...!

ajb (andy)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
are all the books the same price

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Ah I see the confusion my friend. You are all getting the set of 3 books. The three books make up the set, and which you have paid for :) I had to make Book 2 separate as 440 pages is my limit for a book. And book 3 doesn't suit the very large format, as the original is A4 sized in portrait, so I've replicated the format for the homologation document. You've already paid for everything. Hope that makes you smile, and perhaps give a sigh of relief. I'm not about to rip anyone off by saying you also need to pay for books 2 and 3. You all get everything.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ah I see the confusion my friend. You are all getting the set of 3 books. The three books make up the set, and which you have paid for :) I had to make Book 2 separate as 440 pages is my limit for a book. And book 3 doesn't suit the very large format, as the original is A4 sized in portrait, so I've replicated the format for the homologation document. You've already paid for everything. Hope that makes you smile, and perhaps give a sigh of relief. I'm not about to rip anyone off by saying you also need to pay for books 2 and 3. You all get everything.

Love hearing that!THANKS

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Update 12.3.2014
Books on board.

P3124997.jpg

P3124999.jpg

P3125001.jpg

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Drive carefully ... an overloaded estate handles SOMEWHAT different than a FGT :)

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Not to worry, they are all home now, and I have no apartment space left. Handling was good....brakes questionable, momentum was awesome ;-)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Steven -- you really need a Ford F-150 ! I can obtain a 'friends and family ' Discount for you.. :):)

andy