Matech at Interlagos and San Luis...

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Just to let you know, we will be at Interlagos in Brazil this weekend coming (27 Nov.), then straight to San Luis in Argentina the following weekend for the last two rounds of the FIA GT1 World Championship.

It has and still is an epic journey to get this far, so support us through the races and cheer for the best car in the world, driven by your favourite team when you see us on TV or the Web TV.

Best regards,
Matech GT1

H

HHGT

Good luck, we will be cheering.....

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
goooooo Matech!

(LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans,LeMans)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Go Matech !! Good Luck !! :cheers

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
is there a link so we can watch?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Best of Luck! I'll be watching!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
From Ford Racing News --Go Blu!

HOT FINAL FOR MARC VDS RACING TEAM
11/23/2010

Gosselies, Belgium — The Federation Internationale de L’Automobile GT1 World Championship has entered its final stages. The final two rounds of the season are scheduled in Brazil (Interlagos, 28 Nov.) and Argentina (San Luis, 5 Dec.). This is a great opportunity for the Marc VDS Racing Team and its Ford GT pairings of Leinders-Martin and Palttala-Bobbi to finish the season on a high note.

The South American tour is the end of the 2010 season of the FIA GT1. With the opening round in Abu Dhabi these are the second and third races overseas this year. And the trip across the equator started only a couple of hours after the finish of the previous round in Navarra.

“On Sunday night all our equipment was put into our two containers: one for the cars, one for the parts and tools”, explains team manager Jean-Michel Delporte. “On Monday the entire GT1 fleet sailed towards South America. Last weekend 12 of the 23 persons [drivers and staff included] that will form our team during this fortnight left for Brazil. Those guys will pick up the containers and install our gear on the Interlagos track. The other members of the team arrived in Brazil on Wednesday morning.”

The Brazilian meeting has a traditional schedule, with free practice on Friday, qualifying and the qualifying race on Saturday, and the Championship race on Sunday. In San Luis all is compressed into two days, however.

“It will be very intense in between the two meetings, because on Sunday night we have to pack everything again and load the containers onto trucks, who will make the journey of four nights and three days towards San Luis”, Delporte continues. “Because everything will arrive only arrive in San Luis on Thursday, SRO preferred to have the meeting over two days.”

It’s the kind of event that requires a big effort on the organizational side. “But that has its advantages”, says Bas Leinders, closely involved in all things logistics of the team. “For example, all teams leased some 380 volt-generators together. During a F1 Grand Prix, that is the organizers’ task, but here we do it ourselves. Most of the time, this works very well and it improves the atmosphere in the paddock. We fight on track, but once the racing is over, we help each other. The same goes for the catering. Rather than staying in our own booth all the time, SRO organizes a common catering unit, which is so nice that everybody dines together. A pleasant experience.”

On the sporting side, the Marc VDS Racing Team will try to end the season on a high note.

“Navarra was not that bad for us, even though the tire wear gave us some problems”, Leinders states. “We’ve discovered a possible solution, which we will try during practice. But there are two other key factors that will play: the altitude of the Interlagos track and the long climb at the end of the lap. Both are not really an advantage for the power of our engine. I hope we can make up for the lost time of the last sector by using the excellent qualities of our Ford chassis on the other parts of the track.

“In San Luis as well, there is a long climb, but there the difficult part are the twisty bits. Only a couple of inches next to the ideal driving line there will be a layer of dirt and rubber, which might cause a lot of precarious moments and even crashes. We will have to be very careful on the unique Argentinean track. I think we should perform better in Brazil that in Argentina, but both races will give us an excellent opportunity to create a surprise. Let’s hope we can end the 2010 season on a high.”

Contributed by Marc VDS Racing News Bureau

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Glad to hear you'll be there! I'd hoped to make Argentina but demands of work are getting in the way - but I'll definitely be watching on GT1 TV.

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
Final 2 round

Best of Luck...........:biggrin I'll be cheer you on live from my office in Michigan, Watching live from the web.
This reminds me, to chill a bottle and have it ready, for another Matech Podium.
All the best to the team & there families.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Thanks guys, and thanks Joe for trying to make the journey. It's going to be tough here for the Ford GT, but we will be going for it as per usual :)

Best regards,
Matech

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Good luck guys!!!!

Janna and I will be cheering you on!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Anyone know what happened in qualifying? Can't watch video on phone but site says Thomas crashed??? Any details???

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
One of the Lambos crossed in front of him, busted suspension. Looked good in this mornings warm up. P.1 - #5 Ford (Matech)Westbrook/Mutsch and P3 - #6 Ford (Matech)Jani/Armindo

Attachments

• 2010-11-28_112937.jpg
    2010-11-28_112937.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

The One

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 19, 2007
Kentucky
TV stayed on the Ford the last 20 min. Some of the best racing ever,(even down in the field) a real killer. Mutsch was driving his heart out.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Heart of a champion!

Really sad that a stupid error by the lambo in the qualifying race had such serious impact on todays race and the drivers championship.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
TV stayed on the Ford the last 20 min. Some of the best racing ever,(even down in the field) a real killer. Mutsch was driving his heart out.

I agree, a very exciting back and forth race. The effort certainly was there.