GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Steven I am in for one

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Wow guys. I wasn't expecting that level of response :). You're all mad I tell you, mad ;-)

Seriously though, the book is really going to be stunning, and in my opinion will be a really good piece of history for my time with Matech in 2010.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
hey bud! good to hear from you again!

i would be interested in a copy as well :biggrin

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Hey Ray :)
Great to hear from you too. I've been reading about your flying fun....sounds amazing.....epic even ;-)

I spoke with Thomas (driver and factory manager) and Jose (technical engineer) about the book, and they both want to get properly involved with it. I'm hoping that they will contribute their knowledge about the cars and the circuits as e season developed, in terms of how they improved the car, where it was good and why, and including detailed information that the driver passes on after a free practice session and how that is then interpreted into setup alterations.

I'm really hoping that with their knowledge, the book will transform from 'just' a book of stunning images to a really great account of the team's workings through the season.

Watch this space :)

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I am interested as well, pending a final price.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Definitely in! Sign me up!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
price?

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I think you might have been looking for...

PRICELESS!!!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Printed on good paper stock this will be a real keeper. The Matech is one of my backgrounds. Everyone likes my GT, but they all like the Match better.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Hi Everyone. Firstly...Joe, you are too kind my friend.
It's slow progress due to a number of issues here I'm afraid. Thomas and Jose have offered their input, which is fantastic news. But it means that it adds to the timescales. I need to get a print done to see that the paper quality is good enough. So far I'm up to Round 6 - Nurburgring and up to page 260. Once all the images are in, I need to try and make the layout smart, interesting and clean.

Pricing is determined by the number of pages...so do not yet have that information. I have a ball park price in my head, but that may well put off a lot of folks and until I have the finished product in my hands I am not able to justify it. At the end of the day, this is first and foremost for me, as the images currently sit on a hard drive, and this is my lasting memory of a special time in my life. If you guys still want a copy, then that's great :)

It would be great to come see you at the Rally in New Orleans, and do a whole load of track photographs of you in your cars, in a similar way to the shots I took of Ray's GT1 car at Virginia, and to bring a copy of the new book with me to show you all, but at this time it's looking doubtful. Need to chat with DBK about this.

All the best for now,
Steve

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Please put me down for a copy!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Please count me in for a copy as well!

Thanks for taking on such an idea.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I would be interested in a copy.

Stu

JRGoens

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I would be interested in one of these copies depending on the cost. Has their been any further process on this? Thanks!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I am good for two copies. I had just took delivery of my first GT when the sponsorship on the forum started. I jumped right in with so much enthusiasm and excitement. My first memories of ownership, membership and sponsorship. Damn right I want at two copies.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Gents :)

I'm still working on it, although it is on the back burner at present. I've found a whole bunch of technical CAD renders that I'm going to add to the package, in a separate very small book. Now that the race car is no longer sensitive in some of its design areas, I thought you'd all like to see some of the renders. The reason for the additional book is the page limit on the yearbook, which is 440 pages, and which I think I'll exceed with ease. When I've got all the images into the book, it then goes to Thomas and Jose for their race and technical commentary, which will add the best possible finishing touches.

But as I stated before, it will be expensive. I could say it won't be cheap....but the first statement is more accurate. I'll crack on and get back to it :)

Best regards
Steve

a snake

GT Owner
Jul 8, 2010
roanoke, va.
interest in a copy. price estimate?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Subscribed and interested as well.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Great to have a high level of interest - thanks ever so much. Until it's finished properly, and looks and feels right, it's impossible to give an estimate. I have some figures in my head, but until it's in the hands of a couple of Forum members and they give honest and critical feedback, I have to hold off on a price at this time. Mr Joe Dozzo and Chip Beck, and no doubt Mr. DBK himself will be first to receive copies, along with my thoughts on pricing etc.

Pleasingly, this thread has given me re-newed energy to crack on with it :)
All the best,
S