March Lifetime Subscriber Giveaway

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
giveaway.jpg

For the month of march Ford GT Forum has teamed with Cooltech (our very own Kendall Pond) to give lifetime subscribers the chance to win an $840 Cooltech Trans Cooler!

As always, post in the appropriate thread linked below in the Lifetime Subscriber section for your chance to win. Congratulations to last months Engine Dress Up Kit winner Specracer.

CLICK ME LIFETIME SUBSCRIBERS!

Thanks to everyone who supports the site and Kendall at Cooltech!

cooltech_logo.jpg

CIMG0999_640x480.jpg

• Factory mounting location, parallel and immediately adjacent to right side inlet scoop. (Maximum air flow and affectivity.)
  • Utilizes factory mounting locations - ABSOLUTELY no drilling, cutting, or other modifications needed to the GT
  • Uses large AN - 8 hose and fittings for maximum flow & cooling ability
  • Large heat exchanger specifically manufactured and tested for cooling heavier gear oil. (More surface area than other options.)
  • The best components throughout - from the Sweden-manufactured racing cooler, to all lines and fittings. All top quality.
Key, Unique Differentiators

• Can be completely self-installed. Car does not have to be lifted, nor do any bottom pans need to be removed. Whether you do the install yourself, or you have someone else do it, this cooler will take much less time to install. Other solutions specify for you to check and fill transaxle fluid level after a cooler installation. This step requires that you lift the car (not easy on a GT) and you remove the bottom pan to get access to the check & fill ports of the transaxle. With the Cool Tech solution, we tell you the exact added capacity of the system and we provide a way to add the appropriate additional fluid during the installation. This is a huge timesaver and prevents possible damage from lifting your GT and removing access pans. We will even ship you the oil you need!
  • In/Out flow direction matters. With the Cool Tech kit, we specify the exact in/out connection on the cooler. Any engineer or racer will tell you that for ideal affectivity, oil should flow in the bottom and out the top of a vertical oil cooler. The vertical orientation of a cooler (as shown, above) is ideal for affectivity
  • "Cool" line routing and stays. Yes, it's a just a cooler and lines - but you want to route the lines and properly "fix" them so they do not continuously come in contact with other critical engine/drivetrain components. With the Cool Tech kit, we spent a lot of time experimenting with different stays and attach points. One small part of the line stays took us 2.5 hours on a lathe with raw aluminum hex stock to make a quantity of 20. We spent a lot of time and attention (and labor) to get the stays done right - and lasting the lifetime of the car.
  • Testing: Each line is custom cut to exact length for the GT. (No sloppy excess lines!) Ends are assembled on to the lines and then each line is individually pressure-tested before it is shipped.
  • Instructions and packaging: The instructions are highly illustrated and structured for a self-install There are approximately 6 individual bags of parts in the kits. Each install step directs you to the right bag and contents needed for that step. The GT is a very rewarding car to work on! To protect the lines from damage and contaminates during shipment, each anodized end is placed in a bubble wrap sheathing and then the entire line is placed in a sealed bag. This insures that the lines can be installed directly onto the GT without fear of introducing anything into the transaxle that you don't want to!
  • Despite supplier price increases, Cool Tech has maintained the introductory price but has rolled in the Ford GT-specific Transaxle Fluid and now includes the previously optional black line fittings at one low price of $840. (The fluid and line fittings were priced separately but virtually all orders opted for them, hence the new all-in-one price.) The Cool Tech cooler provides you a well-engineered, superior alternative to consider.
Do I need a Transaxle Cooler for my GT?

• At Cool Tech, we think so... and we think Ford does too. On Ford Racing's website, they say a transaxle cooler is , "A must for aggressive driving and open track events.." Likely we all have our own definition of "aggressive driving", but Ford did include this terminology in addition to limiting their recommendation to "tracked" cars. But, let's be honest, if your GT is merely a weekend warrior and rarely sees spirited driving, you're probably fine without a cooler. On the other hand, a cooler gives you that added safety factor and, in our opinion, adds back a component that Ford original intended for the GT (see below).
  • Next time you have your clamshell open, stand on the passenger side and lean in and look down just forward of the air cleaner assembly. You'll notice a short ~6" braided hose "looping" the transaxle fluid-out to the fluid-in. It sure seems like Ford/Ricardo went through a lot of trouble to make a cooler an easy addition.
  • At 550 HP and 500 lb-ft torque, the GT is capable of generating a lot of therms! A Cool Tech Transaxle Cooler will be doing it's job to protect vital drivetrain fluid and components.
  • In addition to being highly functional, the Cool Tech Cooler Kit looks cool. Why not have the added performance capability and the extra piece of mind?
  • Finally, there's little reason not to. The Cool Tech Transaxle Cooler Kit is completely reversible - not that we would anticipate anyone doing that.

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
many thanks

Thanks to Cool Tech for their support of the Forum! REDEEMED

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Great give away.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Thanks Kendal for your support, but I already have a cooler.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Kendall IS the best.......

He put them on my two......so someone will enjoy..Thanks again..GO BLU

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I've been wanting this mod; thanks for your support and the forum giveaways!

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'm holding out for a Whipple!

Seriously, I already have a CT Cooler. Great product. Thanks for the support.

Howard

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I have one....it is easy to install and instructions are very clear. Someone is going to be very lucky.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
um... where's the link?
hey it's been 3 months.... found it!!!

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Who is able to put their name in for this?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
any Lifetime member may enter

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
That being said, Daniel, this is a great looking setup, please place my name in the hopper.

Pete S.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'm in. Thanks for the offer.
Rick

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
I assume all one needs to do to enter is to post to this thread. Is there something more that needs to be done? If so, let me know.

Thanks, REDEEMED

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
As always thanks Kendall at Cooltech

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Just make sure you "CLICK" on CLICK ME LIFETIME SUBSCRIBERS in the first post here as the list is in another thread.....

MartinHerman

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2009
Hunt Valley, MD
count me in!

Count me in ! Martin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hi Martin, the giveaway is for lifetime subscribed members only. You can become a subscriber at the following address:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/payments.php

Thanks.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
And the winner, as drawn by the Random.org random number generator is....

HYDRA GT!

Thanks again forum members and Cooltech LLC.

:cheers

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Congrats Hydra GT! :cheers
Thanks DBK and Kendall for providing the opportunity. :thumbsup