Made Offer on Heritage, wait is killing me

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I thought Red was my #1 color, but I wouldn't have minded White, or maybe blue. But all that changed when I saw the Heritage Blue. WOW!!! OMG!!! :eek :thumbsup This is the color I had to have. So I offered about $10K over MSRP (Southern CA). But the Sales Manager on duty couldn't decide and had to check witht the boss who couldn't be reached. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear back. I know there are numerous HB GT's on eBay around the country but just being able to get the car locally is worth about $5K to me (shipping costs and hassles, etc.). Do you guys think $10K over MSRP is a reason price for Heritage Blue?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I am in CA also. I couldn't find any dealer in CA that would sell me a car for msrp+10k, let alone a Heritage. Based on that I would say that is a good price. However if you wait a month or two and are willing to but out of state you could do better. Note registering an out of state car takes more work. I have to get my car smoged and I already went to dmv once and after I get is smoged I have to go back again. Also my car will be subject to bi-annual smog inspections. If I bought the car in CA I wouldn't need a test for 6 years. You save the pain of 3 smog tests and if you wanted to modify your car that could save you more work ever 2 years.

BlackICE

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think whatever the car is worth to you is a reasonable price!

Honestly, in the general vicinity of list for a Heritage sounds good to me. I'm sure you could find one at MSRP soon enough, but what is your time and effort worth?

Good luck!

:cheers

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Agree, a few $$ either way on a purchase like this is really inconsequential IF you get the exact car you want. BTW, a few day wait is no big deal, some of us have been watching, waiting, buying for years!!! Good luck, I hope you get that car!!! :cheers

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Bruce send me an IM with your number and I will reply...I can probably find about 4 right now in that you can have at that price.

matt

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
centerpunch

GOT YOUR GT!!! When did it arrive ???

AMB

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Beautiful. Congrats. :thumbsup

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
centerpunch

I'M glad you got it !! I found my GT on E-BAY on Sunday at about 2:30 P.M; Called the dealer, agreed on the price "MSRP" and drove it home from Hemet,CA. to San Diego,Ca. (about 70 miles) at 9:20 P.M. !!!

AMB

Pipelion

Paul,

Wow , you got your car. Looks great.

Photo has lots of green in it so it makes it look like a paint to sample blue instead of midnight.

Enjoy,

Allan

AMB, Congrats on yours too!!!!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Centerpunch great car. That just like the one I wanted to order, but I couldn't find a dealer to do it for me at the right price.

BYI, your website was a great help to me in buying my car. Since I got my car its been raining almost every day as well.

BlackICE

Pipelion

HeritageBruce,

That's my favorite color too. As soon as I saw the Ford GT prototype, I thought,
"Gulf LeMans Colors". I said in 2005 to myself, "If I got one I'd paint ti in Gulf colors. Then Ford makes it a factory option in 2006.

Hope you get it,

Allan

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations Centerpunch! Beautiful car! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005