MA Area Service (again)...

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
So after about 1600 miles in a month or so my alignment is off. The steering wheel is noticeably to the left a few degrees while driving straight. As such I need to bring it in for service. I still have not found any recommendations from GT owners who have had service done in the New England area. I am now looking at Tasca Ford in RI. They seem to have some history in performance Ford’s (from what I read) and it also seems that had 3- 5 GTs allocated to them. My question is if anyone has any specific experience with Tasca’s service department as of late. I love the GT, but I am not a car guy (my other car is a Prius) so looking for any recommendations I can find.

Thanks!

bigdaddo

GT Owner
Jan 2, 2006
Service in Central California?

I have about 3,000 miles on my GT and am getting anxious about finding a qualified shop to do the first 5,000 mile service. I live in Salinas, California. Can anyone recommend a good shop or dealer who is qualified to work on my car in Monterey, Santa Cruz or Santa Clara Counties? I don't want my car to become some local dealer's guinea pig. Please advise me if any of you owners out there have found a shop or dealer who is familiar with these cars. Thanks!
-------West Clark

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Again where mine came from, is in hanover (janell), they are an SVT dealer and have not had their hands on mine yet after the sale. They have sold a second, to GFORCE, but not sure if he had had any service needs. I will use them.

Sorry not more help, Andy

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I have talked to the GT tech at jannell

He seems to be in the know? they are getting a new battery for me.
Like Andy said Jannell Ford Hanover mass.

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
Alignment

I have to ask-what did you hit???? If your steering wheel was centered when you took delivery of the car obviously something had to happen! These things don't happen without a reason. I live in a small Indiana community and my local Ford dealer can take care of my GT with information via an internet class. A Prius? I should say that yes, I agree with you that you are not a car guy---but your did have the good sense to buy a GT, didn't you.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
Haven’t hit anything (that I am aware of) :)

I think it may have been ever so slightly off on delivery (either didn't notice as much or to giddy to care) now I want to get it taken care of before it gets way out.

As a second car, the Prius is a GREAT car. It to in some ways is a joy to drive, just a much different experience. In the Prius with the windows down, when you pull up to a stoplight, you hear the sound of silence as the engine has shut off. If you don’t push it much off the light, you barely hear anything under electric power until the combustion engine kicks in. The car makes you very calm and almost encourages you to drive slowly.

The GT on the other hand, is just the opposite on the noise front, and on how fast it wants to be moved!

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
Steering Wheel

I have been thinking about you off center steering wheel. Did the transport company tie the car down using the lower control arms? They could have bent them as the car should be tied down with the tires and wheels. I would have replied sooner but I have been away.

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
Hmmm I did not use a transport company (bought the car to drive). Could have been the dealers transport company but that seems like it would have been a more widespread issue. Ockam teaches it might be just as simple as the alignment, but I will get some more info on Wednesday when I bring it to Tasca Ford in Cranston, RI.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Also note that it is very possible that the alignment is spot on and the steering wheel alignment is all that needs to be adjusted. This is a VERY easy 2-minute adjustment with the linkage that is virtually identical from car to car to car....

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
You know that was one thing I was thinking for sure. There seems to be no 'pull' from the car, in other words it tracks straight (albeit with the steering a degree or so off center). So I wondered if it could in fact just be the wheel itself alignment.

That said it might take a car with such wide tires a lot of ware to develop a pull. Seems it would need to resurface the tires at an angle first (just a guess).