lower final drive ratio

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
I was looking at the Stillen web site and noticed that they are listing a Ricardo 390 final drive for the GT. Does anybody know about this?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I was looking at the Stillen web site and noticed that they are listing a Ricardo 390 final drive for the GT. Does anybody know about this?

Do a search and you should find some info. There is some discussion on this down in their vendor area at the bottom of the Topic page..

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

'Last word posted on this was they were determining what the mkt was for it B4 they produced it. 'Don't know the outcome of that ...and Stillen hasn't posted an update here.

Cost was suppose to be about $10K if THEY did all the work at their place... $8 or $9K (don't rem'ber which) if you ship the tranny TO 'em.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
We have gone into production with these gear sets. First production is a very limited number but we've already sold a few. We will be receiving the new gears soon (by the end of October.) And there should be some feedback from forum members soon.

Stay tuned,

Kyle

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We have gone into production with these gear sets. First production is a very limited number but we've already sold a few. We will be receiving the new gears soon (by the end of October.) And there should be some feedback from forum members soon.

Stay tuned,

Kyle

This is excellent news! I'd love to have a crack at a 1/4 run in a stock GT with this modification...

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
I've just read about all the posts on the 3.9 ratio and it sounds just what I am looking for. I'm much more interested in acceleration than speed and would like to keep the engine stock.
Would there need to be any speedometer, tuning changes or anything else with the new 3.9 ratio?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I've just read about all the posts on the 3.9 ratio and it sounds just what I am looking for. I'm much more interested in acceleration than speed and would like to keep the engine stock.
Would there need to be any speedometer, tuning changes or anything else with the new 3.9 ratio?

To get the right speed you would have to add a custom tune to the ECM.

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007

I apologize for the extremely delayed reply.

To get the correct speed you would have to reflash the ECU with the SCT tuner. We have already talked with SCT and they confirmed that their tuners are already prepared for the 3.9 ratio. So you won't have any problem with adjusting the speedometer.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
As the distance from your home to Southern California increases, the ease of upgrading to Stillen's 3.90 gear presents more challenges. As an interim and maybe permanent alternative, I installed Michelin PS2 345/30/19's which are about 1.6" smaller in diameter than the stock 315/40/19's, which, in effect, makes a significant change in the gear ratio. My speedometer runs about 10% faster than actual speed, but as previously posted, it's an easy calibration correction to the SCT Tune. The results are very dramatic. The car has Heffner's pulley and a SCT dyno tune from Jerry Wroblewski, and the seat-of-the-pants feel is similar to driving Shelby#18's Whipple X1. :cheers