H

HHGT

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
As rediculous as it seems the 05 simply has one more year worth of depreciation on it according to the bank value schedules. Like that even comes close to dictating the value of a GT!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That article couldn't even get the HP right! Why would I believe it?

...Powered by a supercharged 5.4-liter V8 that produces 500 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque,...

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
:bs 2005 will bring more in the end. Most 05s have a grille which is more weight at the crusher.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
:bs 2005 will bring more in the end. Most 05s have a grille which is more weight at the crusher.

Chris,..... go to your room, no more internet for you... :frown:bored:rofl:bored:frown

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
What they are worth is very simple! What ever someone will pay for it. I just purchased mine 2 weeks ago after almost 2 years of looking, researching, wanting, craving and lurking here. I can tell you from first hand experience the year never entered the equation. 05/06 didn't matter. My first requirement was good condition. Well except for a few that are salvage title cars there really weren't any absolute dogs out there that I saw. Second was price. I looked thru the classifieds, Autotrader, local dealers and spent at least 30-45 minutes everyday on e-bay. The prices when I started were averageing 175K none Heritage. I think in the same places the average is now around 155. Some lower because of the need to sell and some higher because they would sell for the right price but still love their girl so they will not give it away. I bought now because I think, that and 2.00 will get you a cheap cup of Starbucks, that they are as low as they will ever go. Maybe move another couple of thousand but at 155 whats another 2-3K amongst friends. I payed alittle more for mine because it was still on MSO and has 2 years of warranty left. But as they say in Poker I am all in now. Since I have had the car I realize that this car will probably save me money. I have purchased 4 vehicles in just the last 6 months. I need not look any further. I have the car that meets every need I could ever have. I told my wife I was thru, no more, she laughed (sort of hurt my feelings because she obviously didn't believe me) and I guess my record isn't that stellar. I have put 800 miles on the car in 10 days and would have put more if I could have made up a few more errands I needed to do. 2005 worth less than 2006? I don't think so. Just looked on e-bay, most expensive car listed? 2005. Shelby probably knows the answer to that question better than anyone. I would be interested in his opinion.

Thanks

Larry

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Love these threads...
reminds me of asking who is better in bed, blondes, redheads, brunettes....when the lights are turned off...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
answer..... the one with biggest XXXXs :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Love these thread...
reminds me of asking who is better in bed, blondes, redheads, brunettes....when the lights are turned off...

Good point. Which is better in bed, a 23 or 24 year old? I don't think it matters.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Personally the '05's were more fun as those who still have them remember what it was like to drive them before 1/2 of the total population!

:driving::beer2::driving:

All kidding aside I didn't even read the article but being an owner of an '05 I say who cares. It's what the car is worth to you. This car and feeling while driving (w/ Whipple) I have never experienced before! And COLOR doesn't matter Frank! (as Black is still the best)

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
I agree the year did not matter. For me it was color, then condition, then options. BTW, I bought it (traded actually)before I found this wonderful place so I was flying blind:willy No regrets:thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
What they are worth is very simple! What ever someone will pay for it. I just purchased mine 2 weeks ago after almost 2 years of looking, researching, wanting, craving and lurking here. I can tell you from first hand experience the year never entered the equation. 05/06 didn't matter. My first requirement was good condition. Well except for a few that are salvage title cars there really weren't any absolute dogs out there that I saw. Second was price. I looked thru the classifieds, Autotrader, local dealers and spent at least 30-45 minutes everyday on e-bay. The prices when I started were averageing 175K none Heritage. I think in the same places the average is now around 155. Some lower because of the need to sell and some higher because they would sell for the right price but still love their girl so they will not give it away. I bought now because I think, that and 2.00 will get you a cheap cup of Starbucks, that they are as low as they will ever go. Maybe move another couple of thousand but at 155 whats another 2-3K amongst friends. I payed alittle more for mine because it was still on MSO and has 2 years of warranty left. But as they say in Poker I am all in now. Since I have had the car I realize that this car will probably save me money. I have purchased 4 vehicles in just the last 6 months. I need not look any further. I have the car that meets every need I could ever have. I told my wife I was thru, no more, she laughed (sort of hurt my feelings because she obviously didn't believe me) and I guess my record isn't that stellar. I have put 800 miles on the car in 10 days and would have put more if I could have made up a few more errands I needed to do. 2005 worth less than 2006? I don't think so. Just looked on e-bay, most expensive car listed? 2005. Shelby probably knows the answer to that question better than anyone. I would be interested in his opinion.

Thanks

Larry

Larry that is exactly how I felt when I got my gt, the same exact sentiments, Im done and dont need any other car, cause as far as im concerned this one fulfill all my needs in a sports car, beautiful lines, grace, power, history etc...... however after a while I came to realize that I was wrong and that there is yet another car that is better and I was not done buying cars. so I went and bought this other car, wanna know what it was? a second GT:biggrin that why your wife was laughing at you, women, they know us better than we do.:lol

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Larry that is exactly how I felt when I got my gt, the same exact sentiments, Im done and dont need any other car, cause as far as im concerned this one fulfill all my needs in a sports car, beautiful lines, grace, power, history etc...... however after a while I came to realize that I was wrong and that there is yet another car that is better and I was not done buying cars. so I went and bought this other car, wanna know what it was? a second GT:biggrin that why your wife was laughing at you, women, they know us better than we do.:lol

3 and no regrets! The grins on the faces of my son and daughter are more than worth it:cheers

Jim

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
3 and no regrets! The grins on the faces of my son and daughter are more than worth it:cheers

Jim

theyre probably fighting on who gets which color:biggrin thats awsome:thumbsup

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
personally the '05's were more fun as those who still have them remember what it was like to drive them before 1/2 of the total population!

exactly!

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
resale value is the last thing I'm worried about. This is the one car I will probably never sell.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I don't think year will matter in resale value very much at all. This is a limited prodcction, specialty exotic supercar. 2 years in production and hardly any change at all from 05 to 06. I doubt those looking will care very much whether its an '05 or '06. The primary concerns... condition and color.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The primary concerns... condition and color.

+1

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
answer..... the one with biggest XXXXs :)

does this mean two bottles of XX's beer?

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
How many have 05's with Billet under the front end? That is pretty rare I don't know the count.