Looking to buy Ford GT40, need some advise

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
Anybody know what color combination will be worth the most in the future, what is the rarest color? Any one know the exact numbers for each color?

I am just starting to do some research on the GT40 and would like your help.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Buy the color you like best and drive the it. Cars are not good investments, Ford GT included. Although, the FGT seem to be holding its value better than most!

Last edited:

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
You can use the search feature here and find the answer to any question, icluding color combos. Just get the color you like though.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Welcome. Use the search button. You will find a great deal of info. with it. As far as value- who knows? Just enjoy it however you wish.

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
Thanks for the info, I think it's a great car and the look will be popular for many years.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Buy the color you like best and drive the it. Cars are not good investments, Ford GT included. Although, the FGT seem to be holding its value better than most!

You mean new cars! Because it going to be hard to convince all those Hemi and Boss Mustang owners cars aren't a good investment!

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
You mean new cars! Because it going to be hard to convince all those Hemi and Boss Mustang owners cars aren't a good investment!

I mean almost all cars, new and old! If you count storage, maintenance and insurance costs and compare the net return in value adjusted for inflation, 99.9% of all cars will under perform the an index stock fund over a long period of time, lets say 15 to 25 years. The stock fund also gives you a small dividend return to boot. The car gives you the enjoyment of ownership and use. The last point is primary reason to own a "collectable car", not any expectation of a monetary return.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I mean almost all cars, new and old! If you count storage, maintenance and insurance costs and compare the net return in value adjusted for inflation, 99.9% of all cars will under perform the an index stock fund over a long period of time, lets say 15 to 25 years. The stock fund also gives you a small dividend return to boot. The car gives you the enjoyment of ownership and use. The last point is primary reason to own a "collectable car", not any expectation of a monetary return.

But the stock fund is not as fun. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But the stock fund is not as fun. :biggrin

...Especially THESE days... :frown :bang

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
...Especially THESE days... :frown :bang

I understand, but look on the bright side, your 2008 tax libility will less than 2007! You might even have a carry forward lost to offset the increase in taxes when Billary is in office! Besides, it's helping you keep true to your name, Empty Pockets.

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
YoungCEO,

Welcome to our little group.

Once you have spent some time with a GT,and on the forum, you will realize that it's so much more than an investment. As us older people might say, "It's a Happening."

I was a member of the group at Ford that put the GT together. Believe me, a lot of love and care went into building this Supercar.

:thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks for the info, I think it's a great car and the look will be popular for many years.

Welcome! Like everyone else says, get the color you like best. As for the look, it's been popular with me since 1964.:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I understand, but look on the bright side, your 2008 tax libility will less than 2007! You might even have a carry forward lost to offset the increase in taxes when Billary is in office! Besides, it's helping you keep true to your name, Empty Pockets.

ICE, yewr a ray of sunshine fer shur ... :mad

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
Thanks everybody, when I find the right one I will be an owner. Looking for a black with stripes and low mileage, low 100's Thanks for the welcome.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Thanks everybody, when I find the right one I will be an owner. Looking for a black with stripes and low mileage, low 100's Thanks for the welcome.

You will be an OLD CEO by the time you find that deal on a non salvage car. Figure $165 on fire sale for what you want. Closer to $185 for a real shot anytime soon. I suppose it depends on what you call low mileage. Low mileage here means around 3,500 miles.

Thursday

May 31, 2006
The HIVE
Here's a good thread on the color count. CLICK

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
YoungCEO,

Welcome to our little group.

Once you have spent some time with a GT,and on the forum, you will realize that it's so much more than an investment. As us older people might say, "It's a Happening."

I was a member of the group at Ford that put the GT together. Believe me, a lot of love and care went into building this Supercar.

:thumbsup

That love and care is vastly appreciated by so many. Thank you GT Tech! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Sweet dreams,... hit the search button and you most of your questions can be answered there.

Let me know when the '55 Chev GN winner is available for less than $100k

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey, CEO, check your PM's. :cheers

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
Empty Pockets I sent you a message check it out.

It will take a little more than 100 for the 56 lol. It was picked for the Blackies invitational, only 200 cars are picked all around the USA. After that I think it is going to auction.

Need room in the garage for the new GT when I find it.