Looking for a low mileage GT

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
drilling: Re "orange" reds. If you know what Porsche Guards red looks like, that is a bright orange-ish red. Ferrari Rosso Corsa is slightly less orange-ish than Guards Red. The Ford Colorado red is a pure red. Not orange-ish at all.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I just cant do sight unseen purchase
That's how I used to think as well,....... but that's how I bought my white/blue 06. I felt I had done enough research and I was comfortable buying a GT from one of a couple of reputable dealers that I had read about over the years on this forum. One of those dealers was Chris at Desneux and the other was Shelby at Elite Autos. I know Shelby had a bit of a falling out here on this site and I hope I'm not stirring up any shit, but when the car I was looking for (higher mileage car with a lower price tag) came up for sale, I bought it, sight unseen, based on the reputations of these guys.

It was out of my comfort zone to take this path, but I'm sure glad I did it.

QSS

Reactions: 93extxdps

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I just cant do sight unseen purchase
[/QUOTE

I have to agree…at these prices what is 500 dollars for airfare/hotel to check one out. Yes there is the chance that it can be snatched from under you. You might narrow down to those that are within driving distance.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I bought mine without looking at it in person, and without actually seeing a white w/blue ever in person. I talked to GT Joey and GT Guys and they knew the car and said it was solid. It came from Lucas Ford and they gave me a statement stating "no body/paint work ever". It also had original tires and was basically a one owner car. They gave me tons of pictures and some video. From what I learned on this site you can't hurt these cars short of wrecking them, it's not likely anybody would do subpar work on these cars, and the problems they all have aren't an owner's fault so I said send it. Longest 5 weeks in my life, in part because I didn't tell my wife I bought it.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Does she know now that you bought it or are you still waiting to tell her :LOL: ?

QSS

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Does she know now that you bought it or are you still waiting to tell her :LOL: ?

QSS
She knew I was looking so no problems there, just really hard to keep it a surprise.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
I bought mine without looking at it in person, and without actually seeing a white w/blue ever in person. I talked to GT Joey and GT Guys and they knew the car and said it was solid. It came from Lucas Ford and they gave me a statement stating "no body/paint work ever". It also had original tires and was basically a one owner car. They gave me tons of pictures and some video. From what I learned on this site you can't hurt these cars short of wrecking them, it's not likely anybody would do subpar work on these cars, and the problems they all have aren't an owner's fault so I said send it. Longest 5 weeks in my life, in part because I didn't tell my wife I bought it.
I remember seeing that car in Southhold. Howie is da man!!

Reactions: GT@50

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I didn’t tell my wife either! When she saw it , she exclaimed ,are you going thru a mid life crisis? I replied I have been going thru one for year's!

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I didn’t tell my wife either! When she saw it , she exclaimed ,are you going thru a mid life crisis? I replied I have been going thru one for year's!
That's funny. As I was rolling into my 50th birthday I was having a huge midlife crisis and I told my wife about it. That's why I bought my car just before turning 50. I confesses to her that I bought my car because I was having a mid life crisis and my 06 was my mistress........ she understood and was supportive. It was certainly allot easier then complicating life with another dame.

QSS

Reactions: roketman

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Bought my silver from Desneux on Bring a Trailer without seeing it in person and no PPI - Very satisfied. It being an auction, I might've paid a little too much, not sure, but I love silver, knew it was a rare color and rare options configuration, and wanted one with some miles so I wouldn't be concerned about adding more. Very happy 🍻
I’d like to sell my wife on BaT…..I’d even pay for shipping 🤔

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I hope for your sake, she doesn't come on the forum, or you're a goner!!!

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
I hope for your sake, she doesn't come on the forum, or you're a goner!!!
Or EBay 🤔

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
OK, post some pictures, a test drive video, and her WifeFax and we can start the bidding.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
OK, post some pictures, a test drive video, and her WifeFax and we can start the bidding.
WifeFax? Brilliant! Lemon laws? ….I hope not

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
WifeFax? Brilliant! Lemon laws? ….I hope not
How many previous owners?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Has she had all her shots? Are her teeth all present?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The test drive video should be, uh, interesting.

Reactions: RPM217

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
The test drive video should be, uh, interesting.
Well she has to be able to perform if I’m bidding

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Well she has to be able to perform if I’m bidding
All I can say is that her driving skills are Helen Kelleresk….

Reactions: 289 4spd

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Original airbags or updated?

Reactions: drilling