looking for a 05/06 gt

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
Yep. That's why the bid of $245K at the opening of the auction is so fishy. That and the pic where the finger is pointing to that tiny scratch that they claim is all that occurred in a rear-end collision that a police report was filed for. This just makes no sense. There is still over a week left on the auction and still only the one bid that was placed when the auction started.
i agree at 245k thats full retail considering the miles .

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
car fax accident usually brings down the car 30/35% from retail price imo

I don't think having a rigid opinion like this is very smart or realistic when looking at the market. Say you have a car that would normally retail at $250k.....it gets bumped at a stoplight, $10k of dent removal/paint. Are you saying this car is only worth $162,500 (35% off of $250k)? Really? Even salvage cars go for $180k today.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
If it doesn't feel right then don't go for it. Trust your instincts.

QSS
Amen Brother

Reactions: blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
I don't think having a rigid opinion like this is very smart or realistic when looking at the market. Say you have a car that would normally retail at $250k.....it gets bumped at a stoplight, $10k of dent removal/paint. Are you saying this car is only worth $162,500 (35% off of $250k)? Really? Even salvage cars go for $180k today.
car fax accident history takes a big on exotic and collector cars try trading one in see what dealer willoffer with a story car ,its sucks buts it reality

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
i would say a story car probably 180/200k just my opinon,when its time to sell u willhave to sell the story again to new buyer

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
i agree at 245k thats full retail considering the miles .

Maybe, but the 16 guys that bought GTs at the January auctions in Scottsdale ALL paid more than that, and most paid a LOT more.

Reactions: blkdiablo33

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
car fax accident history takes a big on exotic and collector cars try trading one in see what dealer willoffer with a story car ,its sucks buts it reality

Your numbers are just flat out WRONG.....I know this market.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
i would say a story car probably 180/200k just my opinon,when its time to sell u willhave to sell the story again to new buyer

It fully depends on the story itself doesn’t it? If you have verified the story correctly it will not be a problem down the road handing over evidence to future buyers.

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
It fully depends on the story itself doesn’t it? If you have verified the story correctly it will not be a problem down the road handing over evidence to future buyers.
we all want our cars to be strong in value just saying car fax with accident history will have a big hit on value on any exotic car

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
While you are heading in the right direction, let’s say an accident will have an effect on value, with severity of the accident setting the % of the discount expected.

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
While you are heading in the right direction, let’s say an accident will have an effect on value, with severity of the accident setting the % of the discount expected.
at the end of the day it is a story car now with a accident cAR FAX HISTORY.that will effect value

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Read through the auction again.
$245k is not the first bid. I'm sure it will climb towards the end of auction.
He points his finger at 3-4 flaws. The first is a series of scratches on the left front from who knows what, drug the garden hose around it? Curbed it and installed a new splitter?
The next pic I don't know what he's pointing at.
A pic of "glitter jean" damage on the seat.
The last pick is the stress cracking in the rear bumper.
The seller said that it was hit in the rear, in a garage, a police report filed(hit and run?), and never repaired.
I'm pretty sure that's how a read it.
It also looked like the diffuser was "cleaned up". One of the fins has a rounded corner.
If the accident was big and happened in the 2000s it would probably have a Stillen diffuser. Looks OE to me. Or he spent money to fix it right, and curbed it again.
Might have also done a rear bumper delete.
Left front fau…..fake(call it what it is) brake duct inlet does have a funny gap.
It looks clean by pics, especially for a black car. They took lots of detailed pics, and disclosed what they knew.
It has aftermarket reservoir caps, valve cover dress up, and shift knob(?)
I didn't watch the vid.

OTH
If you're going to drive it. You'll put more scratches on it.
If you're going to keep it several years. It'll appreciate.
If it doesn't have structural damage. I doubt it by pics.
Buy that MF and enjoy the hell out of it!

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
good luck with your search... if you are a driver dont be afraid of miles do a thorough PPI and try to negotiate the best price based on miles and general condition.. personally a car with over 50K miles wouldnt scare me away if the price is right.

Im wondering what's the new connection with the diablo and the ford Gt all of the sudden :)

I dont own an italian exotic, if I did a diablo would be on the list.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
good luck with your search... if you are a driver dont be afraid of miles do a thorough PPI and try to negotiate the best price based on miles and general condition.. personally a car with over 50K miles wouldnt scare me away if the price is right.

Im wondering what's the new connection with the diablo and the ford Gt all of the sudden :)

I dont own an italian exotic, if I did a diablo would be on the list.

Because they are both awesome.....

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
Because they are both awesome.....
agree both awsome cars.diablo 6.0 sky rocketed went from a nice example 160s to 400k now to under 300k ford gt amazing will be less cash out for repairs and more reliable ive had a 94 vt and 98 sv so was thinking to have another but im leaning towards a gt more

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
agree both awsome cars.diablo 6.0 sky rocketed went from a nice example 160s to 400k now to under 300k ford gt amazing will be less cash out for repairs and more reliable ive had a 94 vt and 98 sv so was thinking to have another but im leaning towards a gt more
part of the reason I dont own any italian stuff.... the cost of maintenance and repairs seem excessive to me and I assumed there will be large learning gap to be able to work on those cars. I generally do everything on my own cars which ultimately effects the buying decision.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
part of the reason I dont own any italian stuff.... the cost of maintenance and repairs seem excessive to me and I assumed there will be large learning gap to be able to work on those cars. I generally do everything on my own cars which ultimately effects the buying decision.

If you stick to the older Lamborghinis (Diablo and back), they are simple enough to wrench. You will pay more for parts, but not eye-watering more. And the drive trains are really stout.

Reactions: soroush

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have an acquaintance who has a diablo, he told me the computer went out and it was a nightmare trying to source one out and the cost well you dont even want to know.... granted this maybe an exception to the rule but stories like this keep me away from these exotics... however. if I were to ever get a ferrari or lambo it will definitely be and older one.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Definately an exception, and if that happened years ago, the corporation recently has started re-producing parts leading to restorations on Diablo and older models.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Good luck with your quest.
Helps to be patient.
Best,
Mark