Long Term GT Value Question

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Same here! My FGT, contents of the garage, wine cellar, and portfolio all go to Rotary, Boys & Girls Club. As I really care...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Who does the girl in your avatar go to?? If no one clams her, can I have her?? Not sure how I would explain her to my wife, but I am sure I could come up with something! :biggrin

Actually, with the "matching luggage" that girl has, my wife would not let her step anywhere near this house!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
There will be a thousand plus near perfect 2005-06 FGT's in forty years.

and there will be 3 million + corvettes and 29,000 vipers of which the same percentage will be in the same condition as the Ford GT......

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
in case anybody on this site was wonderin? i believe that the Ford GT is a SUPERCAR. by all defintions of the criteria in which a car must meet to obtain this classification the Ford GT meets or exceeds these qualifications, especially so when modified. the Ford GT is more than just a member of this elite association but it is still the Leader of its domain 40 years later :usa

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I'm going to let my children worry about this! I'm having my second childhood (adolescence) and enjoying the S**t out of it! It won't matter to me what they are worth 30 years from now - so there! :banana

:eek:ld: = many GT owners in 30 years

Let the kids:box: it out.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Jeff ... did you sell the 510?

who cares what it is worth when I am dead. My son is taken care of and the rest ... well that is what they make attorneys for.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Is this a second JeffLarson? Oh no, not two of them. Or did you piss off the moderator? Maybe stick him with a bar bill?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Shelby Elite: Back off. That chick in Bony's Avatar is mine. I called her first!

I agree with Black Ice and Shelby Elite. The FGT is a special car, limited production and a 1000 examples left in 20 years is miniscule in comparision to the numbers of collectors that will want one. In fact, anyone who doesn't think the FGT will retain its value and increase in value over the years is :screwy:

The only way the FGT wouldn't increase in value is if all the current owners became like Empty Pockets then we'd have as many now as we would in a thousand years. :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Same here! My FGT, contents of the garage, wine cellar, and portfolio all go to Rotary, Boys & Girls Club. As I really care...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
as far as cars go the ford GT is a good investment if you have a 30+ year time horizon.

no way. there were too many of them made and the market is fairly well saturated. there is no way in 30 years you will even recover the cost of operation, insurance and inflation, much less see any appreciation. maybe if you don't drive it (and don't insure it separate from your homeowner's), you won't see as much of a hit, but then what's the point?

a standard FGT will never be a "rare" car and appreciate enough (if at all) to be considered a good investment.

name any car made in america after 1980 that you think will yeild a better ROI than the GT 30 years from now......

anything that has actual rarity, say saleen s7 or corvette c6rs. but why only made in USA?

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
no way. there were too many of them made

i disagree...at the end of the day production (or supply) matters as much as demand and Supply and demand drive price. If production was the only thing that mattered there is no way that mid 90s Porsche 993 would be selling for where they are...68k units were built but they hold value remarkably well bc of demand for that vintage. There are other examples...Ferrari 512bbi holds good value. 2k were made and Ferrari still makes V-12 cars so "supply" keeps increasing. I think that given the uniqueness of the FGT (not a continuous production like every other exotic, performance, styling, history,etc) that demand will outstrip supply. Again - not saying you're going to make alot. you probably wont even beat treasury's but i dont think you'll lose your shirt on a GT.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Jeff ... did you sell the 510?
Steve is that you? NO way. Just aquired a third 510 race car a bit ago.

Is this a second JeffLarson? Oh no, not two of them. Or did you piss off the moderator? Maybe stick him with a bar bill?
Frankie - the one and - hopefully -only Jeff Larson, GT Owner.

Thanks for the concern. In reality something wierd took over my email system, and due to operator error, everything else was lost when the system restore function was engaged.

Bony assured me he would get me "special" access so I can return to the old PL510*Jeff moniker. So I can keep putting in my $ .02 in the mix.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...Again - not saying you're going to make alot. you probably wont even beat treasury's but i dont think you'll lose your shirt on a GT.

I think you guys are in agreement. Treasury's after taxes and inflation are a loser and a GT is worse!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Larson, I'm going to PM your old accounts password to your doppelganger account right now.

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
no way. there were too many of them made
i disagree...at the end of the day production (or supply) matters as much as demand and Supply and demand drive price.

that's why i said "and the market is saturated" which you decided not to quote for some reason. i just don't see demand increasing for this car. i could be wrong.

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
I think you guys are in agreement. Treasury's after taxes and inflation are a loser and a GT is worse!

i was going to say "I Bonds" (guaranteed to outpace inflation) but after looking them up right now, even they lose money (unless you buy them in an IRA I guess) since you pay taxes on the interest earned.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
i was going to say "I Bonds" (guaranteed to outpace inflation) but after looking them up right now, even they lose money (unless you buy them in an IRA I guess) since you pay taxes on the interest earned.

I think the base rate on I bonds is 0% now. So even in a a tax free IRA you just keep pace inflation. There is a limit of only 5+5 or 10K per person per year (used to be 60K), so even if it were a good investment too small to really matter in the big picture.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I think the base rate on I bonds is 0% now. So even in a a tax free IRA you just keep pace inflation. There is a limit of only 5+5 or 10K per person per year (used to be 60K), so even if it were a good investment too small to really matter in the big picture.

I'm getting a headache! :bang:bang:bang