Lingenfelter C6 ZR1 First ¼ Mile Run In The 9s

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The Lingenfelter 2009 ZR1 Corvette just made its first 9 second run December 7, 2009 with the Lingenfelter LS9 supercharger upgrades. This pass was 9.861 @ 144.67 MPH! Later that day we made another run and went 9.813 @145.74 MPH!

This Lingenfelter ZR1 has the latest version of our supercharger upgrades including our pulley upgrade, overdrive balancer, air intake modifications, intercooler improvements and tuning. This was run with stock exhaust manifolds and factory cat back exhaust with Mild to Wild Switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ndvQ4GEww

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
They also can build ya a 550 hp S/C 6.4, up to an 800hp TT 427 powered Camaro.

Fessler/Moss builds a 650hp, $150K, ZR-1 powered Camaro, too.

And, of course, I understand some outfit called "Hennessy"(sp?)???:lol builds a nasty 'Vette, Camaro, Viper, or FGT or two as well! :rofl

Aug 25, 2006
Strong; in fact very strong numbers

Shadowman

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Without a doubt a very strong run:thumbsup Budds creek is right in my back yard and I wish I had known this was going on so I could have been a spectator.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Okay. I've never shifted any of the trannies in the NEWER 'Vettes. So, I don't know what they're like as far as the SPEED with which that can be done. But, "back in the day", when the "super T-10's" and the like ruled the roost, we use to bang off some LIGHTENING FAST "power shifts" with those things. And I mean just I-N-S-T-A-N-T gear changes.

The shifts on this vid sounded/seemed awfully slow to me in comparison to the afore mentioned. 'Kinda like the gears were being pulled thru molasses. Can someone enlighten this old goat as to why that may be the case? Is it the weight of the gears, etc., the design, or just what exactly ? :shrug

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Okay. I've never shifted any of the trannies in the NEWER 'Vettes. So, I don't know what they're like as far as the SPEED with which that can be done. But, "back in the day", when the "super T-10's" and the like ruled the roost, we use to bang off some LIGHTENING FAST "power shifts" with those things. And I mean just I-N-S-T-A-N-T gear changes.

The shifts on this vid sounded/seemed awfully slow to me in comparison to the afore mentioned. 'Kinda like the gears were being pulled thru molasses. Can someone enlighten this old goat as to why that may be the case? Is it the weight of the gears, etc., the design, or just what exactly ? :shrug

Now you're a closet Pontiac fan - "old Goat" is it?

no :bs allowed on this forum.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Now you're a closet Pontiac fan - "old Goat" is it?

no :bs allowed on this forum.

Ackshully, I'm a fan of darn near ANYTHING with wheels and a power plant...yeeew BALD HEADED old goat! :lol :cheers

H

HHGT

Ackshully, I'm a fan of darn near ANYTHING with wheels and a power plant...yeeew BALD HEADED old goat! :lol :cheers

Even diesel powered beemers Larry.:willy:willy:willy

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Even diesel powered beemers Larry.:willy:willy:willy

Weren't yeeew payin' 'tenshun? I said DARN NEAR ANYTHING!!! :lol

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
T-10

The shifts on this vid sounded/seemed awfully slow to me in comparison to the afore mentioned. 'Kinda like the gears were being pulled thru molasses.

Larry,

I had the exact same reaction to that video. Back in my high school days I drove a 455 SD Trans Am with an aluminum case Super T-10 4-Speed. Indestructable and it loved to be speed shifted. Great memories. Back then, my cars were slower but my body was still high performance.

Chip

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Larry,

I had the exact same reaction to that video. Back in my high school days I drove a 455 SD Trans Am with an aluminum case Super T-10 4-Speed. Indestructable and it loved to be speed shifted. Great memories. Back then, my cars were slower but my body was still high performance.

Chip

I dunno, Chip. I really believe either you or I (or anyone else familiar with shifting 'em) could STILL shift a Super T-10 at LEAST twice as fast as that ZR-1's pilot shifted whatever tranny's in that car.

At the risk of sounding like I'm blowing my own horn here ( I'm NOT...'just trying to illustrate a point), I remember being told (in the early 60's) my car sounded like it was running a 4-spd TORQFLITE AUTOMATIC when 'going thru the gears. (For those too young to know/remember, all SS/SA [Super Super Stock Automatic] cars were 3 SPEEDS. There were no 4-spd "autos" back then!)

I suppose one could find vids of the old SS/S cars from "back in the day" (the single letter "S" indicated a manual tranny). In those vids you would see the left front fender do a slight, lightning quick "drop" & INSTANT rebound with each gear change. THAT's how fast the pros shifted those things! (I betcha "4 Father" remembers all that VERY well!!!!!:thumbsup)

I really WOULD like to know what the deal is with the granny shifting thing on the ZR-1 though...:frown

Last edited:

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
The Lingenfelter 2009 ZR1 Corvette just made its first 9 second run December 7, 2009 with the Lingenfelter LS9 supercharger upgrades. This pass was 9.861 @ 144.67 MPH! Later that day we made another run and went 9.813 @145.74 MPH!

This Lingenfelter ZR1 has the latest version of our supercharger upgrades including our pulley upgrade, overdrive balancer, air intake modifications, intercooler improvements and tuning. This was run with stock exhaust manifolds and factory cat back exhaust with Mild to Wild Switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ndvQ4GEww

What type of rear tires did they run...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I bet the very cool temps in Dec. helped as well. I can only wish for such conditions at the TX mile.

Upgrades include:

- LPE 8.5” diameter harmonic balancer – 11 rib
- LPE 2.60” diameter supercharger pulley – 11 rib
- LPE Cast aluminum supercharger air intake snout
- Lingenfelter S&B air filter
- 4” diameter air intake tube with mass air sensor
- Ported stock throttle body
- Intercooler supercharger inlet modifications
- Double capacity intercooler heat exchanger
- Larger capacity intercooler reservoir system
- VP Motorsport 109 unleaded fuelsystem
- Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials P345/35R18 rear
- M&H Racemaster P185/50R18 front
- CCW Aluminum wheels

http://www.lingenfelter.com/news/20...corvette-zr1-9-second-14-mile-pass-9813-14574

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Larry,

Chip

As some know, the owner of the company is none other than the "monster garage" thread, and a good friend of mine.

LPE have been "sandbagging" it as much as they can with this car... always leaving more left on the table, even if the power is already there to do more. Additionally, they have been hard at work making sure their power upgrades are reliable as well. That said; the clutch has been the weak point. So it's possible that they are being easy on it at the strip.

They are using drag slicks, but I can't recall the brand. The gear ratio of 1st gear is pretty prohibitive to a very fast launch in the car.

Back in July, The Ranger didn't believe that LPE had a ZR1 that could run 10 flat (or better)... LPE offered the invitation to him to drive and see the car. He definitely left a believer :)