Lien Release

rick458

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2011
Got my lien release from Ford on Feb. 10th. (cant believe it's been 2 years.) I live in Ma and bought form Pat Milliken in Michigan. Nobody seems to know how I get the title to the car. I contacted the concierge several times and no one seems to know.

Can anyone help?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I think you take proof of ownership, proof of identity, lien release, possibly certified odometer reading (or the car itself! :cool:), and possibly proof of insurance, to your DMV and they make a title.

Here's MA's Registration & Title Application form: https://www.mass.gov/doc/registration-and-title-application-0/download

Maybe there's a chance this happens automatically and it will be sent to you, but since nobody seems to know, sounds like you probably want to be proactive.

Last edited:

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
In NY, you should already have a title, but with a lien on the title. You bring your lien release, from the bank, to DMV, and they issue a new title, without a lien on it. If the car has not been registered yet, there is no title, since the state DMV issues the title.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What state are you in? I never had a lien on mine and received a title as soon as I paid the state tax in Ilinois.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Ford mailed title directly to me about 1 week after anniversary date. Concierge was aware of the process when I inquired.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Hi Rick, just left you message. MA is a title holding state for vehicles with liens. Now that you have your release of lien contact your DMV and they will issue you the title.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Mine never had a lien placed and received the title about a month after purchase. 3 years March 1st

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I believe Ford will notify your state DMV of lien release. The DMV will then send you the new title. That happened to me in California.

Ed

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Mine showed up in the mail today!

Reactions: Ed Sims and JWZ

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Not sure same in all states. In NY, original title from DMV will have a lean on it. After 2 yrs, Ford will send a letter releasing the lean. You bring the letter with original title to DMV and new title without a lean will be issued. You can also hold original title with lean plus letter and transfer to another party . But cleaner to have new title without lean on it imo.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mine showed up in the mail

Reactions: Ed Sims and GEE-TEE

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Patiently counted down as those 730 days came to an end. Then added another 30 for good measure & reached out to Concierge. Received my clear NM title shortly afterwards. With a surprise: a 2nd NM Title, for a ‘19! Promptly dialed up Concierge & thanked them for NGT #2! Haha! Then I hung up and overnighted Title #2 to them.

Reactions: GEE-TEE and Magic

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Patiently counted down as those 730 days came to an end. Then added another 30 for good measure & reached out to Concierge. Received my clear NM title shortly afterwards. With a surprise: a 2nd NM Title, for a ‘19! Promptly dialed up Concierge & thanked them for NGT #2! Haha! Then I hung up and overnighted Title #2 to them.

Yeah, I was contacted by a GT concierge several months ago and they asked what address should they mail the lien release to. I told them, you are a year early; I shouldn't get this until two years have passed, right? They said, well, we have your paperwork and just need to mail it to you. I said again, you've probably made a mistake, but fine- doesn't matter since I'm not selling it anyway. Lien release shows up for the wrong car- almost same VIN, but one year earlier (L0019 instead of M0019). I had to reach out to them and inform them of their mistake, even after I had already warned them something was amiss. :rolleyes:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Concierge will notify you first.
Then they send the letter of release and a very short time latter my state DMV sent me the pink slip.
That was my experience.

Reactions: Ed Sims

rick458

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2011
After several discussions with Ford they finally admit that they got the title for my car from the state Ma but they do not no where it is. Looking at a couple of the previous posts I can't say I'm not surprised.

They have reached out to the Ma DMV on what to do now but I'm afraid that will amount to the same as entering a black hole.

According to the Ma DMV web site in order to get a lien removed you must show the original title and the lien release.

I think what I should do at this point is get something in writing that Ford admits to having "lost "the original title and I ,along with a packed lunch, head off to the DMV and see if I can this corrected.

I sure hope a get a little sugar from Ford for all this flab up.