ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I'm out of Monterey and headed south at warp speed on Highway 101 on my way to Rancho Santa Margarita. 25 hours to go! Not that I'm keeping track.

Chip

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Excited for you Chip. Well said about BoP. Totally agree.

Vince H

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm out of Monterey and headed south at warp speed on Highway 101 on my way to Rancho Santa Margarita. 25 hours to go! Chip

Let's see - it's 373 miles away so you will be driving at a little under 15mph to get there in 25 hours! LOL

Ed

PS Having fun with you Chip as the time gets closer! Can't wait to see the photos!

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Gentlemen,

While this wasn't the result any of us were looking for I had a fine time. Tomorrow morning I'll head south down the coast on the final leg of this trek. Sitting up high looking down on the majority of Laguna Seca it was clear that the Ford GT's didn't have the power to overtake anybody. BOP effectively nullified any superiority in design. IMSA is a business and they can run it as they see fit. If they have a set of rules that everybody must abide by it's a competition like the UFC. If there is an ever changing set of standards that are different for each competitor to keep it "close" they are putting on a show like professional wrestling. The results are managed. I know that manufacturers would get frustrated if they lost consistently. I was a Phoenix Suns fan when the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan were almost unbeatable. But when you did beat them it meant something. You didn't beat them because they put increasingly heavy ankle weights on Michael Jordan. But then, perhaps I'm unrealistic.

The GT is the best car here. The GT drivers are amoung the best of the best. Stage managing wins by handicapping the best cars and drivers deminishes the value of a win and decreases the sting of a loss. Not a good thing either way in this old man's opinion.

Off to Rancho Santa Margarita in the morning. Cheers.

Chip

Spot on re. BOP Chip.

As they say here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts ... have a pissah tomorrow! The best day of your life as a car guy is about to unfold in the form of a yellow NGT!

usmcfred

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
6cfa65a0855235ee758939532f1aa791.jpg

I forgot to mention while out in California I met this group of homeless people living under a tree. The cool thing about them is they were true Ford enthusiasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fasferrari

Sep 1, 2017
Avon, CT
Gentlemen,

While this wasn't the result any of us were looking for I had a fine time. Tomorrow morning I'll head south down the coast on the final leg of this trek. Sitting up high looking down on the majority of Laguna Seca it was clear that the Ford GT's didn't have the power to overtake anybody. BOP effectively nullified any superiority in design. IMSA is a business and they can run it as they see fit. If they have a set of rules that everybody must abide by it's a competition like the UFC. If there is an ever changing set of standards that are different for each competitor to keep it "close" they are putting on a show like professional wrestling. The results are managed. I know that manufacturers would get frustrated if they lost consistently. I was a Phoenix Suns fan when the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan were almost unbeatable. But when you did beat them it meant something. You didn't beat them because they put increasingly heavy ankle weights on Michael Jordan. But then, perhaps I'm unrealistic.

The GT is the best car here. The GT drivers are amoung the best of the best. Stage managing wins by handicapping the best cars and drivers deminishes the value of a win and decreases the sting of a loss. Not a good thing either way in this old man's opinion.

Off to Rancho Santa Margarita in the morning. Cheers.

Chip
Thanks for the update CB.
Your picture with Mr. Ford is impressive. I hope I get to meet him and take a picture
with him and my new Heritage GT.
I am looking forward to see your pictures of your new GT.
It seems politics is involved in every aspect of our life's.
Your NBA comparison is on point.
Take care.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Santa Margarita Ford

Gentlemen,

I made it to Santa Margarita Ford and I'm chilling in an empty lounge while the oil is changed in my '08 Ford. After my delivery with the Ford concierge tomorrow my GT will be shipped out again and I'll haul ass back to AZ for a function tomorrow night. Dinner and Makers Mark Manhattens at Jim Graham's pad tonight. 18 hours to go.

:cheers. :cheers. :cheers

Chip

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chip, I am excited for you as well.
I’ll be watching the Forum closely tomorrow for your pics and comments; I know this event will be epic.:cheers

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
take it all in ,what a special day. being there with John when his was delivered was very cool.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
We'll be waiting.... :pop:pop:pop

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Wide awake. Good grief.

'Twas the night before GT,
As I lie here in bed,
Will it show up tomorrow,
Like my concierge said?
My iPhone alarm's set,
Right next to my bed.
I've taken 3 Nytols,
To shut off my head.
But sleep won't come easy,
On this longest of nights,
My mood was ecstatic,
As I turned out the lights.
Multimatic was awesome,
So was Monterey,
But the best's yet to come,
At 8:30 today.
An amazing new race car,
Ford built one for me.
And mine won't be saddled,
With that damn B.O.P.
Designed for Le Mans,
By the great team at Ford,
More ballast, less power,
Was their IMSA reward.
Henry Ford was still smiling,
When he bumped into me,
He said "Thanks for the spark plugs!"
And "Enjoy your GT."

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Chip - you are certainly a man of many talents. I am not sure what vitamin pills you take , but one day let me know ...so I can start.
Enjoy the day. Enjoy the car. Post pics for all of us...
And let me know of all status.

andy (ajb)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What a way to light up the day!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm only 1.5 hr away in Tucson this week. I wish I could skip out of class.

Ed

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Everyone's day should begin with a GT delivery

First thing I read again this morning was this thread. Like all great stories, I can't wait to see how this one ends. Knowing there are many sequels ahead in this adventure. Congratulations Chip. This will be a fine day. Waiting for you to write the last chapter of this one. FYI, I like lots of pictures in my books.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Big morning smile on my face....thanks Chip, enjoy you day!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Ready to see this rig

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Today is THE DAY. And yellow is the color of the day!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The final count down!

Vince H

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006