Lego plans to release a modern Ford GT technic set

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
In case you are looking for after Christmas gifts for yourself or your favorite fan(s).

Happy New Years my friends!

Reactions: Ed Sims

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
I saw that. I hope I can score it when it's released.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I imagine it should have good retail availability online or in Lego stores upon release.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I’ve always liked to collect GT related items but that thing is so ugly it is almost unrecognizable. Lego could have done much better than that.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Texas GT, I glanced at it really quickly and just assumed it would be a decent design. I have some other Lego cars, including GT's that my boys had gifted me.

On second glance, for this newest release - I see that it looks like the roof has been crushed. Yes, it definitely seems like it could have been executed a lot better.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Texas GT, I glanced at it really quickly and just assumed it would be a decent design. I have some other Lego cars, including GT's that my boys had gifted me.

On second glance, for this newest release - I see that it looks like the roof has been crushed. Yes, it definitely seems like it could have been executed a lot better.
Yeah....but I'll probably still buy one (or two)...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
And at least the GT wasn't singled out for the unusual design/production decisions.

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/l...=Social-fbig_acq_pickupdelivery_DABA_carousel

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Will I buy it? Probably, because I really need more Legos to step on.

I have to say I've never quite understood the Lego Technic kits. I always thought they looked like they had been in a car wreck and some of them are crazy expensive, but they seem popular. I guess it's because there are some functional pieces?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
My wife has a cottage home biz selling Lego and showed me this. I said it didn't look like a NGT enough and so don't really want one. She said, "Well I do like it and we're getting one."

Well OK then.

Reactions: dshears

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
She said, "Well I do like it and we're getting one."

Well OK then.

Haha! Funny. And a proper response.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Here's part of my little toy collection, it's funny how the standard kits look much cleaner and simpler than the technic (as DBK mentioned). And without the crushed / crashed look baked in. I would have assumed the technical models would be more visually accurate, but such is not the case.

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Here's part of my little toy collection, it's funny how the standard kits look much cleaner and simpler than the technic (as DBK mentioned). And without the crushed / crashed look baked in. I would have assumed the technical models would be more visually accurate, but such is not the case.

Nice! I can't compete, but when we went to our new Ford's Garage on New Year's Eve I made sure to bring our own table decoration:
PXL_20230101_024721154sm.jpg

Reactions: SYCO GT

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
My son and I have been putting Lego’s together during Christmas since he was old enough( he is now 33!). Holiday tradition! Last 2 years a Fiat 500 and this year a Vespa! Incredible detail including the engines. New GT has rotating pistons. I agree lost something in translation but looking forward to assembly during the holidays!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That's neat Gene. Let's see that Vespa when it's finished! Fun. I did a few time lapse videos of lego assembly with my boys, but not sure where those videos are.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Here are some of the FGT die casts that we have, have the other Lego kits too, of course will buy this new one to sit in the box un built.

20230115_112550.jpg

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Man this looks ugly. Almost thought its the original ford gt and realized its nfgt from the headlight.

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
New and Old. Big and Little.

NFGTdiecast-0000814.jpg

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
In case you are looking for after Christmas gifts for yourself or your favorite fan(s).

This Lego Ford GT can be ordered starting today, March 1

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Thanks, mine is now ordered (express, no less)!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ordered. Didn't have it at the Lego Store at the mall up the street.