Last ride...of the season(I think)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They are picking up the Cobra today, so in the exercise of moving the GT to the other side of the garage it just might accidentally slide down the driveway for 60 or so miles. :) We haven't had snow for a few weeks so all of the nasty gravel (or "Grit" as they call it on Top Gear) has been moved way to the sides of the roads leaving the main path pretty clear. Worth a chance I think...

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Stuey,,,,Are you working Sat????????

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Stuey,,,,Are you working Sat????????
If he is we can go and make loud noises in his parking lot and kidnap him!!!!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
I am definitely up for a Saturday cruise. Working Friday and Sunday. Lets do it!!!

Stu

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Rog,

Let me talk to Stuey. I was thinking of taking the Port Jeff ferry if I go.
I assume you would come over via 84?

Jim

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Rog,

Let me talk to Stuey. I was thinking of taking the Port Jeff ferry if I go.
I assume you would come over via 84?

Jim
I could do that, or anyother route that Stu thinks would be best to meet up!! Drag Joey's butt, and let's get Kurt too!!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Route depends on time that you guys have. Last weekend was 84 east to get to route 8 north(all highway to this point) to exit 38, to route 109, then 209 by Bantam lake, 202 to 341, the rt 45 to route 7. Could have the come down and headed home but decided to head farther north around limerock and the to Kent for Lunch. Kent is really a nice tiny town. Was around 180 miles round trip so it was pretty long. Ca probably come up with shorter trips but it was to much fun to turn around and come home. That is not to say we were tearing up the roads...there were quite a number of police around so we took it easy. I am up for anything on Saturday that involves: Ford GT, friends, and relaxation.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
My daughter will be happy with some mother/daughter shopping time (underwritten by yours truly), so I'm sure I'm good through lunch, I'm always up early, and I'm a little closer than Jimmy, just let me know where you want me to meet up (your house or other nearby location is fine) and just either post, or PM me the GPS address, and the time you want me there..................good to go!!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Rog,
Roads are pretty cold early. My last outing, I waited till around 10:30 am. Could pick a route depending on your time constraints with a stop in Kent for some food/lunch.

Stu

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
And now the bad news....flat tire. Just put air in. Will check tomorrow but if it is flat again, I am out. Heritage is already away for the season.

Stu

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
And now the bad news....flat tire. Just put air in. Will check tomorrow but if it is flat again, I am out. Heritage is already away for the season.

Stu
Flat or low? Damn, you still can get a new tire or pair tomorrow and be ready for Saturday, c'mon Stu, don't give up so easily!!!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Flat, flat, flat.. I must of ran oversomething on those beautiful CT roads I boasted about. I think sometimes that God is working against me. I am working tomorrow...sigh. I will post in the am when I check to see if it held air overnight.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
With temps predicted in the 60’s this weekend.I am tempted to take my GT out of hibernation!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
With temps predicted in the 60’s this weekend.I am tempted to take my GT out of hibernation!
Take a ride down to Stu's and join us!!!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
We'll maybe not to my place with the flat I discovered.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
We'll maybe not to my place with the flat I discovered.
Since your tire picked up the only nail in the area, it's probably safe now!!!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Getting a gorgeous week here in Flagstaff. Do I take out the V10, the Twin Turbo, or the GT?

H

HHGT

Getting a gorgeous week here in Flagstaff. Do I take out the V10, the Twin Turbo, or the GT?

All of them.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Sometimes life is just too darned complicated to deal with, isn't it. :lol

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Do I take out the V10, the Twin Turbo, or the GT?
Ok, so it's really a trick rhetorical question. The V10 is my Ford F250 truck, take it every day. The twin turbo is my wifes's hauler Ford F250 diesel truck (not to be confused with the italian F2anything). The answer is the GT. Or is the question is 58 degrees warm enough for the top down?

Last edited: