Last ride...of the season(I think)

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Pending another warm spell, took the last ride for the season today...nice 180 mile trip on some beautiful New England roads, by amazing farms and beautiful countryside in Litchfield County Connecticut. Filled her up when I got home, a little detailing this week and already looking forward to spring.

Stu

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
The blue? Wish I had never sold mine. I rarely take the Heritage out--just the white. I am hoping for some more rides before Winter starts in earnest.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Pending another warm spell, took the last ride for the season today...nice 180 mile trip on some beautiful New England roads, by amazing farms and beautiful countryside in Litchfield County Connecticut. Filled her up when I got home, a little detailing this week and already looking forward to spring.

Stu
You should have taken a ride with me down to Chatham NJ, I was one of 3 GT's there, met Howie again, there was a great turnout of very diverse collection of cars. Check out pages 2,6 &7, garage is finally done
http://www.attitudegarage.com/portfolio.html

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So I'm thinkin' that we need about a train car or two full of global warming. Luke?

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Blue is my driver...heritage is not taken to often. With the mods on the Heritage, I just love driving. As a first, I sat in the passenger seat and let a friend of my daughter take a turn at the wheel. The grin on his face was priceless.

Stu

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Roger, great set up...well with the wait. Would be hard to replace driving the hills and twisty roads of Litchfield with driving to Jersey. No traffic lights, no traffic, pure pleasure.

Stu

Last edited:

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Wow!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Blue is my driver...heritage is not taken to often. With the mods on the Heritage, I just love driving. As a first, I sat in the passenger seat and let a friend of my daughter take a turn at the wheel. The grin on his face was priceless.

Stu

Thanksgiving weekend is supposed to be nice. I don't know how this happened but both of my daughters (now 30 and 28) drive manuals. The oldest was too afraid of the Cobra, but the youngest had a blast. It's supposed to be nice on Thursday so both will get a chance at the wheel of the Heritage. I think they will both have a good time :)

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Hit a few snowflakes this morning but the roads were dry. The Bridgestones are better in the snow than the Goodyears. Don't really want to try them out in deep snow. Maybe.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hit a few snowflakes this morning but the roads were dry. The Bridgestones are better in the snow than the Goodyears. Don't really want to try them out in deep snow. Maybe.
About 4 inches are the MAX............................THE BRIDGESTONES ARE THE BEST.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS.....GTJOEY

Attachments

• DSCF2654.jpg
    DSCF2654.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF2665.jpg
    DSCF2665.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF2673.jpg
    DSCF2673.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 235

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
^^^^:eek

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I have never parked mine for the winter, even with all the rain here in the Pacific Northwest. There will be atleast a dozen or more opportunities to drive between now and Spring.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

That was pretty much my reaction, too! :lol

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
It is not the rain that is the problem. Rain does not bother me at all. Sub freezing temperstures, snow, and pot holes come December that can swallow a wheel are the main factors.

Stu

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Sub freezing temperstures, snow, and pot holes come December that can swallow a wheel are the main factors.

This and the fact that tires grip significantly less below 40 degrees!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
GTJoey, I siped my Bridgestones and drilled them out for some studs. I may have to replace them before the next Mojave event.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
What's all that white stuff Joey!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
STUEY,

We have to try and get one more quick one in before Christmas!!!! Maybe a run to Rogers and around back to you via the Taconic.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
What's all that white stuff Joey!
...And who is the rose (on the GT dash) for?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
STUEY,

We have to try and get one more quick one in before Christmas!!!! Maybe a run to Rogers and around back to you via the Taconic.
It's going to be a beautiful weekend, how about something on Saturday morning? Let's exercise these babies one last time (at least) before it gets too cold to get some warmth in the tires!!!!!