Last Ford GT Shipped from Wixom

GT Cindy

Aug 29, 2006
Home Town of Henry Ford
Well, today brings the close of an era. The last two loads of GT's going to Canada were shipped from Wixom this afternoon :usa . A few former Ford GT employees were on hand to see the last GT (VIN 2045) loaded on the Reliable truck. VIN 2045 was also the last vehicle to come off line on 09/23 so it was only fitting that it be the very last GT on the truck this afternoon. Be sure and check My Album of photos from this afternoon.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The End Of An Era

GT Cindy said:
Well, today brings the close of an era. The last two loads of GT's going to Canada were shipped from Wixom this afternoon :usa . A few former Ford GT employees were on hand to see the last GT (VIN 2045) loaded on the Reliable truck. VIN 2045 was also the last vehicle to come off line on 09/23 so it was only fitting that it be the very last GT on the truck this afternoon. Be sure and check My Album of photos from this afternoon.

I am truley sad to see the end come to the production of such a remarkable machine.
However, I am happy to be one of those fortunate souls that has been able to have, admire, drive, and YES even LOVE the machine.
Thanks to all those at Ford Motor Company for making the DREAM a reality.

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
1916 finally loaded and delivered yesterday!! :cheers

Did you happen to catch the info on its destination in Canada?

Last edited:

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Skyman - Haven't you got your car yet?

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Can somebody pass the tissues...

phoenix

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2005
Cartersville, Georgia
How many total were built -

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Not 4N said:
Skyman - Haven't you got your car yet?

It finally came in Thursday afternoon. Problem is, I had to get my car out of Toronto, and I'm in Ottawa. :frown I'll be picking it up Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again for the tip off on the shipping company (from your pics). It turned out to be a huge help!

I'll definitely be posting pics when I get it home!

:cheers

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
phoenix said:
How many total were built -

4038 I believe. 277 for Canada, 105 for Europe, and the balance in the US.

H

HHGT

GT Cindy said:

Hi Cindy, sent you a response to your PM couple of weeks ago. I'm sure your busy, but if you get the time to respond, I would appreciate it...

Cheers!

Sam

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
WOW, I just received the Wixom DVD from Ray Larsen and It is unbelievable!, With Great music. This will be a collectors item for sure. Thanks to all at Wixom and Ford Motor Co. It,s sad to come to the end but I'm glad have one of the 39 year memories to see,touch,enjoy and to spread the word about. What an automobile! :wink Tomy Hamon Ford Proud!

H

HHGT

What wixom DVD? Where do you get one?

GT Cindy

Aug 29, 2006
Home Town of Henry Ford
The total production was 4038!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Dvd

I should have a limited supply of the DVDs at the SEMA show. Let me know if your interested. :biggrin

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
If you please, I'll take two. See you at SEMA...George

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
GT Tech said:
I should have a limited supply of the DVDs at the SEMA show. Let me know if your interested. :biggrin
Please reserve one for me - I look forward to meeting you at SEMA!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I for one am Glad GT production is over I would say maybe they built too many. The Beauty of the GT is it will never be dated as there will never be another one. The GT is one of the Most Exclusive Exotic/Muscle cars of all time because of its Limited Production.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GT Tech-

Can you put my name on one of those CDs?

See you at the Thursday night dinner-

Thanks, -Chris

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
With a couple of billion people on this planet, minus 300 totalled or wrecked gt's, 2 or three of us with owning more than 1 gt, you realise that less then a handfull of humans on this planet own something so special, unique and we were apart of that history, pretty neat . :thumbsup . The wixom/saleen staff, shippers,suppliers ,owners , pres. of ford, and all the rest since only august are just a memory my friends and it was a great RIDE..............GTJOEY 1314

NOW COMES THE FUN PART KEEPING THE RIDE ALIVE FOR FUTURE GT OWNERS OF OUR CARS WE CHERISH RIGHT NOW :thumbsup CIAO, SEE YOU ON THE NEXT RIDE INDY 07 , FROM THERE WE FOLLOW THE WIND.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
gtjoey said:
With a couple of billion people on this planet, minus 300 totalled or wrecked gt's, 2 or three of us with owning more than 1 gt, you realise that less then a handfull of humans on this planet own something so special, unique and we were apart of that history, pretty neat . :thumbsup . The wixom/saleen staff, shippers,suppliers ,owners , pres. of ford, and all the rest since only august are just a memory my friends and it was a great RIDE..............GTJOEY 1314

NOW COMES THE FUN PART KEEPING THE RIDE ALIVE FOR FUTURE GT OWNERS OF OUR CARS WE CHERISH RIGHT NOW :thumbsup CIAO, SEE YOU ON THE NEXT RIDE INDY 07 , FROM THERE WE FOLLOW THE WIND.

Well stated Joey. Dittos................

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
GT Tech... save one for me in Vegas!