Last call......

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
......for the SAAC GT Registry.

The Registry will be going to the printer soon. If you recently bought a GT (or SOLD your GT), or added a bunch more mods, please send me an update.

I am also looking for pictures and info on early GT prototypes with 2004 VIN numbers. I have located several - if you know anything about some of these (like how MANY were built with 2004 VINs?) please send me an e-mail.

Still time to update the picture of your car, too. If you have a better or more recent shot, send it via e-mail, with the model year and last 4 digits of the VIN.

Thank you to all of those who have submitted info and pictures of their cars!

Jeff Burgy

NewFordGTRegistrar@SAAC.com

GT_Card.JPG

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Missed this.. I will send you an email shortly

Thanks

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Last word I heard was the printer went belly up and it will be after the convention?
New FGT will be in a seperate volume?

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Last word I heard was the printer went belly up and it will be after the convention?
New FGT will be in a seperate volume?

What info do you need and by when? Pics?
If you can use this post and avitar, please do so for the registry.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Dipping into the Maker's Mark?

Dear Grand Master Moderator BONY -
I think maybe the little birdie whispering in your ear might have gotten into your Maker's Mark ahead of you...... :cheers
AFAIK, things are on schedule.
Anyway, I'll still keep collecting data even after the deadline - so, please keep the information coming.
Thanks to all of those who have responded.
Still looking for Rotation numbers on your cars - when new, the cars had two stickers at the top center of the windshield, one with the last four digits of the VIN, and a smaller one with the ROT#. If you know your Rotation number, please send me the info. Thanks.

regards,
Jeff

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Kinda curious - this info has been asked about before on the Forum, though I can't remember any follow up afterwards.

Please excuse the naiveté, but what is the benefit to the indivual owner? Are you just creating a mailing/marketing list? New business?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dear Grand Master Moderator BONY -
I think maybe the little birdie whispering in your ear might have gotten into your Maker's Mark ahead of you...... :cheers
. Thanks.

regards,
Jeff

Dear Jeff,
I'm on schedule with my Makers consumption, two Makers Mark Manhattans before lunch and three before dinner. No problems on my side. However, here is something that has been posted on the internet:-

And now, the bad news...

The new edition of the Shelby American World Registry is going to take longer than we expected. There is no way to sugarcoat this. We had expected to be able to send everything to the printer in June and have it printed and mailed by August but, unfortunately, that will not happen. A combination of factors we have no control over is responsible and, at this point, all we can do is report the bad news.

After reviewing several printers we chose one in North Haven, CT (about an hour from here). That would cut down on the back-and-forth once the printing process began. We got the registry onto their production schedule and all we had to do was finish up by our deadline, which we thought we could make. It was all blue skies, chirping birds and brightly colored flowers.

The first storm cloud was a major computer problem, which resulted in our having to reconfigure major portions of the book. Then we heard a report on the radio that our printer was closing its doors on June 1st.

>News story on printing company shuttering the plant<

We are presently confronting these two problems. Of course, SAAC-33 is heading towards us and THAT deadline cannot be changed.

The result of all this is that you will not be seeing this book until December. We don’t like this any more than you do (in fact, probably a lot less). If the situation changes we will keep everyone informed. Thanks for your (continued) patience.

-Rick Kopec

Thought you would have been aware of this sccop.

At anyrate, I have provided the data as a good member of SAAC National for many years. Wish I knew my rotation number, it was removed by the dealer.

God Bless America,
daniel

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
SAAC GT Regsitry

Kingman -

There is ABSOLUTELY NO mailing/marketing list coming out of the information submitted to the SAAC GT Registry. I am NOT starting a new business - I am an artist, technical writer, car enthusiast, and automotive historian. I worked at Ford for over thirty years, and have been involved with a number of car clubs for even longer.

The benefit to an individual owner would be establishing a verifiable history of ownership. Keeping track of the cars and publishing the Registry as we have in the past, helps to keep counterfeit or bogus cars out of the loop. It is quite possible these new GT's will be "collectable" in the future (several of our Forum members already have a pretty good "collection") . Having the car's history listed in the Registry will help confirm it's background. Think of the auctioneers at B-J commenting "...it's in the SAAC Registry" or "....it's been authenticated by Galen Govier", etc., etc.

If your GT were stolen, a crook wouldn't be able to just make up a new VIN number and pass it off - we know the VIN numbers of all of the cars that were built (and how they were equipped). Or, if your car popped up on e-Bay for sale in some scammer's "Private Auction" with a ridiculous price - bells would go off.

The Registry has helped preserve the lineage of the Shelby Mustangs and Shelby Cobras for many years. We expect the new edition to continue that tradition.

regards,

Jeff Burgy

GT_Card.JPG

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Bony -

Well, my friend, you've got more connections than the ECU in 5-1153.
This is news to me - they probably didn't say anything to me because they didn't want me to slow down.

I actually stopped working on the Thunderbird that I'm restoring (that I'm getting PAID for) to concentrate on the GT Registry data input (which I am NOT getting compensated for).

Who knows, by the time we get to print, FlorIdaho Chris, Tim, or RichM may be up to a dozen GT's each?

regards,

Jeff

YEEHAW

May 7, 2008
Last call....

Hi Jeff - we just purchased a 2005 GT yesterday - won't receive it until next week sometime - do you have a specific last call date for info?? And, do you know of any place we can research the VIN?

Thanks,

Emery & Beverly

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Emery,
When you know your VIN # be sure to register on our forum above. I will then change your status from spectator to member of the clan.
Cheers,
daniel

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Jeff - excellent work! I recall you have all of my info and then some....
I have never been involved in this type of 'collection' before...once the book is published, will we have the opportunity to purchase copies? Owners only? etc etc.
Can you pls let me know.
andy (AJB)

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I know one thing for sure. If cobrajeff has anything to do with anything it will be done the absolute best way possible. Jeff is a class act. :bow

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Jeff for doing this work. I've compiled directories in the past, and it is tedious work. I am looking forward to submitting photos and info, when I find out what you are looking for in addition to VIN and Rotation number.

Email sent.

- Randy

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Kingman - e-mail sent.

Bony - you're still my hero!

Emery - research in progress.

Andy - e-mail sent.

Tony - many thanks!