Just Got Third Car In The World!!!!

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Just got the Honda Hydrogen car. I will be at Cars & Coffee this Saturday to show it off. All my fellow GT buds get first look:cheers I hope to see you all there:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Lucky dog :)

Will be down soon to check it out. Tony G has figured out how to get 1500hp out of it!! :)

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Darn!
Cannot make it this Saturday, have fun.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Are you off-setting your carbon footprint...

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Are you off-setting your carbon footprint...

Yeah, Honda even gave me a glass that says "Drink My Exhaust" on it. That way when I'm on the road and need some good old H2O I just run to the tail pipe:wink

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Thats cool! Please post pics for all of us that are no where near Cali! :thumbsup

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Lucky dog :)

Will be down soon to check it out. Tony G has figured out how to get 1500hp out of it!! :)

We have to figure out how to disable the Honda monitoring system first:biggrin

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Congrats on the new car!!!! If we read about a big BOOM where do we send flowers?:wink

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Thats cool! Please post pics for all of us that are no where near Cali! :thumbsup

Try this link and clic on more pictures. I have never posted a link so I don't know if I did it correctly...let me know if you can't open it.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hydrogen-car-honda-2196530-salomon-gas

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Congrats on the new car!!!! If we read about a big BOOM where do we send flowers?:wink

Just look for the large column of smoke...it will probably last a few weeks:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Try this link and clic on more pictures. I have never posted a link so I don't know if I did it correctly...let me know if you can't open it.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hydrogen-car-honda-2196530-salomon-gas

Unless I missed it, the article didn't say how long it takes to actually fill up the fuel tank. I assume the tank on yours was close to empty when you got it. So, how long did it take ya?

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Jim,

Can you please request a few additional ACCESS stickers so I can put'em on my GT?

And.....I think you might want to consider the new "centerbolt" wheels.

Attachments

• 15_hydrogencar3_large.jpg
    15_hydrogencar3_large.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 15_hydrogencar8_large.jpg
    15_hydrogencar8_large.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 134

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Unless I missed it, the article didn't say how long it takes to actually fill up the fuel tank. I assume the tank on yours was close to empty when you got it. So, how long did it take ya?

Yes, you are correct the tank was almost empty when I filled it up. It only took a few minutes! It is very similar to a regular gasoline fill up. The main difference (as you can see in the picture) you insert the nozzle and then turn a handle until it locks. Then it automatically starts filling.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Jim,

Can you please request a few additional ACCESS stickers so I can put'em on my GT?

And.....I think you might want to consider the new "centerbolt" wheels.

Chris,

Will I see you tomorrow? If so, I can introduce you to my Honda buddies and you can present your case for the stickers:wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome! Cutting edge stuff.

:cheers

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Chris,

Will I see you tomorrow? If so, I can introduce you to my Honda buddies and you can present your case for the stickers:wink

99% in right now......depends on tonight:biggrin

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hi Jim,

I sat with you and your family at the Rally. Very exciting car, congratulations.:thumbsup

I was wondering if you were going to do any mods, such as muffler delete or slicks? :rofl

H

HHGT

if you accidentally filled it up with unleaded instead of Hydrogen, will it void the warranty? Also, can you tell us more about the Launch Control?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats....very interesting car and technology. Thanks for posting it. :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd love to hear about your driving impressions once you have a few miles on it. Please keep us posted. :thumbsup