I've got a question about Exhaust systems

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
I am trying to upload pictures

Hey guys, somebody help me out here. I am trying to upload some pictures of the fordgtexhaust.com exhaust but my picture files are always too big. How do I shringk them?:confused :eek

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
OK gang......I think I have figured out the picture thing.....sort of.

If you hit the following link, you should be able to bring them up.

www.msnusers.com/fordgtexhaust

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I bought the Borla but was disappointed with the small increase of the sound level. I replaced it with an Accufab X-Pipe and now I'm much more satisfied. I don't drive my car long distances very often so I can't say if I'd get tired of it on a trip but I've got a Denali for that. For what I use it for, the noise level matches the raciness of the car.

If you're going to drive cross country get the Borla, if you want something to match the car get something louder. I just got tired of making excuses to everybody about why the car was so quiet. They expect a powerful sound from a powerful car.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hi,

Found this old post, but wanted to confirm has anyone else measured the DB on a GT that has the pulley/tune and Accufab X-pipe? Is it really over 100? I'm considering to sign up for a track event at Laguna Seca (California), where the limit is 92DB!!! Perhaps I'm in denial but I want confirm I would fail the sound limit before I write-off the track.........

Thx

GTED

These systems are much louder outside the car than inside. With the Accufab, conversations are easy at anything less than full thottle, but it measures 104 Db out the back at 50 feet.

Craig

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hi,

Found this old post, but wanted to confirm has anyone else measured the DB on a GT that has the pulley/tune and Accufab X-pipe? Is it really over 100? I'm considering to sign up for a track event at Laguna Seca (California), where the limit is 92DB!!! Perhaps I'm in denial but I want confirm I would fail the sound limit before I write-off the track.........

Thx

GTED

Never measured one, but Accufab is much like my Heffner and IMHO would never pass 92db unless you crawl up the hill in a high gear.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
BlackIce

You are so negative!!:lol But, don't you have Heffner, plus the Cat-delete? Or, did you measure the Heffner before the cat-delete was installed?

I might have to face reality re: Laguna.....

Ed

Never measured one, but Accufab is much like my Heffner and IMHO would never pass 92db unless you crawl up the hill in a high gear.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
BlackIce

You are so negative!!:lol But, don't you have Heffner, plus the Cat-delete? Or, did you measure the Heffner before the cat-delete was installed?

I might have to face reality re: Laguna.....

Ed

I measured the Heffner with cats and it was around 98db @4K rpm measured at my home, not at 50' they use at Laguna. It would be louder under load compared to reving in neutral.

With the cat deletes more like 105db!

You can always go and then get black flagged!

Last edited:

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I actually thought your's with the cat deletes was even louder than 105db. The time when we did the measurement at your house, it was LOUD, but sounded really good!

Hmm, if you did the measurement at 98db with the Heffner, I guess I'm done with with Laguna..... Oh well, Infineon and Thunderhill, then.

Ed

I measured the Heffner with cats and it was around 98db @4K rpm measured at my home, not at 50' they use at Laguna. It would be louder under load compared to reving in neutral.

With the cat deletes more like 105db!

You can always go and then get black flagged!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I actually thought your's with the cat deletes was even louder than 105db. The time when we did the measurement at your house, it was LOUD, but sounded really good!

Hmm, if you did the measurement at 98db with the Heffner, I guess I'm done with with Laguna..... Oh well, Infineon and Thunderhill, then.

Ed

Technically mine is too loud for even Thunderhill, but they didn't mind. Another FGT owner had the Borla rear exit headers, so my FGT was only the 2nd loudest.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Who wants to swap a Borla for an Accufab? I love the way the Accufab sounds, but since I do a lot of track days and they have introduced a silly noise limit to all the tracks in the UK I cannot run the Accufab anymore.

Basically I am swapping it back and forth with the stock set up. It seems the Borla would be quiter....

Any takers? If the Borla is more expensive we can work something out, obvioulsy...

Last edited:

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas

I've got the Ida exhaust for sale cheap if anyone is interested in trying it out.

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
Has anyone tried the Tubi exhaust for the Ford GT, just curious to know how Tubi compares to the others.......

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Has anyone tried the Tubi exhaust for the Ford GT, just curious to know how Tubi compares to the others.......

Check out the Exhaust Compilation link above.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
kumar

Can you call or e-mail me with the info. I am starting to look for an exhaust now. Was it too loud or just not what you wanted.

Larry Boatner
Houston
281-380-4876
Tugboatlb@aol.com

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
sending you an email

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
proper place for stock exhaust

Who wants to swap a Borla for an Accufab? I love the way the Accufab sounds, but since I do a lot of track days and they have introduced a silly noise limit to all the tracks in the UK I cannot run the Accufab anymore.

Basically I am swapping it back and forth with the stock set up. It seems the Borla would be quiter....

Any takers? If the Borla is more expensive we can work something out, obvioulsy...

An idea for the stock exhaust. :thumbsup Jim:

Attachments

• Picture 107.jpg
    Picture 107.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 109.jpg
    Picture 109.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 159

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX

Teo,

I'll trade you straight up: my Borla for your Accufab.

Best Regards,
Waldo

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Teo,

I'll trade you straight up: my Borla for your Accufab.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Waldo

I sent you an email!

Ciao

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo

I sent you an email!