Is this old news? Heritage owners open at your discretion...

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Found this over on the VCA site this morning...

I'd not seen or heard this one before...

http://www.streetfire.net/video/how-to-return-a-crappy-car_2093457.htm

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I showed that to my wife and even she went on a rant. "What an idiot. There are only so many GT's and one getting destroyed because some guy is an idiot is criminal!!"

I trained that woman well. :biggrin

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
According to the narrator, that GT was only work $100K :bored

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Old video.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
well here is how he ended up (he was facing up to 30 years in prison):

Man Who Drove SUV Into Dealership Kills Self On Plane

POSTED: 11:38 am EST February 9, 2006
UPDATED: 6:05 pm EST February 9, 2006

MIAMI -- The man who drove his new SUV into a Miami-Dade Ford dealership and set it on fire killed himself while onboard a commercial flight.

Previous Images

Gerard Georgettis was charged with arson and criminal mischief after the incident Saturday afternoon at Metro Ford in Miami.

The Federal Aviation Administration said a passenger was found dead in the bathroom of a United Airlines plane Wednesday night. The man apparently hanged himself.

The plane was flying from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles and was diverted to Denver.

The Denver Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that the man was Georgettis. Medical examiner's spokeswoman Michelle Weiss-Samaras said an autopsy was planned.

A coroner's report said he hanged himself, NBC 6's Nick Bogert reported.

Denver police Detective Virginia Lopez said no other passengers on the United flight were ever in danger.

The fire at Metro Ford caused about $1 million in damage.

Bogert had spoken with Georgettis on Monday. He said then that he regretted his actions.

"It was just stupid," Georgettis said at the time.

Lawyer Nel Black had defended Georgettis on charges he had assaulted two police officers who had come to his home in 1994. Black was astonished when he heard Monday that Georgettis' alleged outburst at the car dealership had left him in handcuffs again.

"He must have felt defeated that he had slipped," Black said. "He called me. I was half expecting it. When we heard the news, my secretary said, 'I guess he just gave up.'"

Georgettis had resigned his job as the manager of the Julius Littman Performing Arts Center on Monday. His brief resignation e-mail said he had good memories of his seven years with the city and hoped his colleagues had the same of him.

"He did have some hours that he accumulated that he was entitled to cash in," North Miami Beach City Manager Gary Brown said.

Georgettis had not received any lump sum from those hours, Bogert reported.

Some law enforcement sources suspect that Georgettis had planned to go on from Los Angeles to his native Australia, though police have not confirmed if they found an international plane ticket on Georgettis after his death.

Last edited: