Is the '05-06 GT passé ?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ed, what's with all the straight roads? Near Moab , Utah.

I stopped to take the photos & didn't want to get run over on a blind corner so I took all the photos on straightaways. If you look ahead in my photos you'll see the hills. Awfully hard to have straightaways in the hills. Twisty fun is what makes up California valleys, coast & mountains. The desert in some places can be straight.

Ed

PS Is that Utah?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Weather was superb over the weekend in So Cal. Got to take the GT out a couple of times. Temecula wine country and such.

Vince H

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ed, what's with all the straight roads? Near Moab , Utah.

Is that UT-128 - The Upper Colorado River Scenic Byway? Beautiful scenery and a great road!!

See http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/31226-The-Road-Home?p=403223&viewfull=1#post403223

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
It is, sounds like you've been there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 4.54.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 4.54.52 PM.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
"blocked in your country on copyright grounds"

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
In a word, no. I just ran mine through the gears, and with every shift, both at small throttle openings and large, it made me very, very happy. You have to constantly be aware that your right foot and the steering wheel are the traction and stability controls. It "engages" all my senses, and I never listen to the stero in it because the best song I've ever heard comes from it's exhaust. It belches flames on each upshift as a bonus.

By comparison, my paddle-shifted GT-R is very fast and competent, but sounds like a hair dryer and is very easy to drive quickly. If it's a well-made mixed drink, our Fords are a triple-shot of neat (10-year old?) single-malt scotch. A "Daddy Drink" for sure.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I had a 2 GTR’s.Great cars but I must say My GT2 porsche kills it in every way!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
You "out west people" need to organize a mini rally so us mid-westerners can enjoy those roads. Just got back from Sedona, Arizona (without the GT) and That area is just beautiful. Heading north on 89a towards Flagsstaff was spectacular.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
You "out west people" need to organize a mini rally so us mid-westerners can enjoy those roads. Just got back from Sedona, Arizona (without the GT) and That area is just beautiful. Heading north on 89a towards Flagsstaff was spectacular.

AtomicGT has a multiday so cal drive planned for mid June, take a look in the Owners Forum.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
AtomicGT has a multiday so cal drive planned for mid June, take a look in the Owners Forum.

Le Mans is mid June. :frown

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I really like the NGT! It looks like Ford did everything right. However, it is a product for competing with other modern, contemporary super cars. I think it will compete very well. I do not believe it will look timeless in 50 years. Few, if any, cars today can boast of a design that looks as good today as it did when it was born 50 years ago. Sure a 250LM, Daytona, or an E Type look great when you see them today. But they look like a classic old sports car. The '05-'06 GT confuses the viewer with a mix of classic styling combined with modern drop dead beauty. Those that don't know about the car think it is a brand new release. Those that know about it just smile and are thankful for what Ford committed to in 2003. Nothing is like our '05 - '06 GT. I want a NGT, but I have no expectations that it will be the classic that we are lucky enough to drive today. We are a lucky few!

My opinion (not that anyone truly cares) is this: people are all pumped up about getting a NGT and it's possible the 05/06 is taking a back seat at the moment. BUT, the numbers tell us that very few are going to be purchased and available here in the states after the exports are shipped so it will come to be (in my opinion) that these same people who think they're getting a NGT aren't all getting one and the 05/06 cars will be something hardly called passe' in fact the values will continue to rise. I've heard that Ford may start running a huge number of NGTs to satisfy the demand but I don't see it just due to the manufacturing process of this high tech car. Maybe I'm all wet but myself and several others are still investing in the passe' 05/06 cars. all jmo

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Scott...keep stockpiling all those parts for us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I really like the NGT! It looks like Ford did everything right. However, it is a product for competing with other modern, contemporary super cars. I think it will compete very well. I do not believe it will look timeless in 50 years. Few, if any, cars today can boast of a design that looks as good today as it did when it was born 50 years ago. Sure a 250LM, Daytona, or an E Type look great when you see them today. But they look like a classic old sports car. The '05-'06 GT confuses the viewer with a mix of classic styling combined with modern drop dead beauty. Those that don't know about the car think it is a brand new release. Those that know about it just smile and are thankful for what Ford committed to in 2003. Nothing is like our '05 - '06 GT. I want a NGT, but I have no expectations that it will be the classic that we are lucky enough to drive today. We are a lucky few!

+ 1

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Scott...keep stockpiling all those parts for us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who me?? what you talkin about Lewis?

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

So you passed 4 miles away from the only GT in Sedona and that goes to Flagstaff every weekday. shame!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
I've not heard or read a review on what it is actually like to drive a street version of the NGT.

Unlike the 05-6 which is a friendly place to navigate the latest car looks to be "cozy".

For myself owning a car also means driving it.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The old GT,, " passé " and " Pass B !! " :biggrin Sorry my sense of humor is warpped,, :facepalm:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The old GT,, " passé " and " Pass B !! " :biggrin Sorry my sense of humor is warpped,, :facepalm:

and.... pass everything else on the street and track!