Is that car a 40K car?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
here ya go steve...."LIFE AS A HOLLYWOOD STUNTMAN"

Dang! When you said you were dressed like a bumb I visioned old worn out Levis with holes and a dirty shirt, not just a winkle in your tutu and slight scuff in the O'le ballet slippers. Dude relax, you look fine.......Ever thought about a Ferrari instead?:lol

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Dang! When you said you were dressed like a bumb I visioned old worn out Levis with holes and a dirty shirt, not just a winkle in your tutu and slight scuff in the O'le ballet slippers. Dude relax, you look fine.......Ever thought about a Ferrari instead?:lol

No Ferrari has to call you tell you that your aloud to now think about one of their cars.

:lol

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Well, If I didn't want to get shit on this site I would never of posted that pic. Hope you all had a good laugh because...... never again shall I post a pic like that. unless I'm sitting in a Ferarri (spelling):rofl

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I dropped off a friend in Covina to pick up his MR2 from a tuner tonight, and one of the shop guys asked me if the GT was $500K.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
I dropped off a friend in Covina to pick up his MR2 from a tuner tonight, and one of the shop guys asked me if the GT was $500K.

I dont know how you could work at a shop like that and not know even in the ballpark of what a car cost. I would of just smile and noded.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I dont know how you could work at a shop like that and not know even in the ballpark of what a car cost. I would of just smile and noded.

He probably didn't know that Ford made a new GT and thought is was one of the cars from the 60s. How could he miss that fact that the car is much bigger, with a modern interior?

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
here ya go steve...."LIFE AS A HOLLYWOOD STUNTMAN"

What an outfit. I bet you wear that to all the Ford GT functions just to get attention.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Kit Car!

I always like the guys who either ask, "is that a kit car" or I overhear telling their friend/wife/others, "it's just a kit car....nobody can afford a real one..."!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
He probably didn't know that Ford made a new GT and thought is was one of the cars from the 60s. How could he miss that fact that the car is much bigger, with a modern interior?

Yeah, I think you are right. One of the guys asked if that is the "new" bodystyle. I told him that it was a 2006, and that the current production has ended.

I didn't realize that he was perhaps wondering if the car was 40 years old?

I mean, that should be obvious straight off the bat.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I had someone say that the car was in great shape so such an old car. That happens, since it looks like a GT40. For those who never saw a real one, or replica, they may make that mistake. The wheels and interior should be a dead giveaway though.

H

HHGT

WHAT!!! you were minutes away from me and didn't even stop by!!!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I had someone say that the car was in great shape so such an old car. That happens, since it looks like a GT40. For those who never saw a real one, or replica, they may make that mistake. The wheels and interior should be a dead giveaway though.

Yeah, it was dark outside in the shop's lot, and my car is black, with no stripes.

I understand what you are saying.

And there were about 10 guys hanging out there, so it wasn't necessarily a shop employee that asked...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
WHAT!!! you were minutes away from me and didn't even stop by!!!!

I didn't know you were around Covina.

We ended up driving over to a buddy's place in Temple City and then going to one of those chinese restaurants that closes at 1 am, for a second dinner.

The servings were huge, and the food was good and greasy.

I was so tired at work today, but it was worth it. A fun late night drive home also...